WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Righto, looking to get another tourney up and running. Hopefully a lot quicker than before, and hopefully more players this time.

I don't mind what sort of tournament it is, it can be same as last time with a playoff styled one (that requires 8 minimum, and the next step up is a full 16 team playoffs), or we can run with a season-styled one.

I was hoping we might be able to run a draft this time, with fantasy rosters.

Only thing is, it would require EVERYONE to be on at the same time, and might prove difficult for some, especially overseas members.

So I thought I'd throw it up there, totally up for discussion, so bring them ideas and lay em on the table guys. Let's get another tournament going!!!!

Put me in the "interested to know more" category ... my time is somewhat limited ... my Xbox time tends to be 9.30-11.30pm ... being in WA, I'm not sure how that works for other members?

A fantasy draft style tourney sounds great, though.

Matt

Matty, what more do you want to know buddy?

We ran an 8 team playoff tournament before, best of 3 series'.

Would like to make it more this time if it's the same style.

Not sure how a season works, I might try setting up a dummy one to do my research on.

Thanks Gaz, we still havent teamed up for a game yet, but we will soon buddy!! :thumbsup:

I'm up for another. Didn't see the thread until now. Not really interested in a draft unless we're doing a season. From past experiences it can take around 6 to 7 hours and that's only if you keep a 2 to 3 minute timer on everyones picks, plus you have to organise a time for everyone to be on at the same season. How bout just running a quick simulated fantasy draft? Pick the teams based on random.org and then just sim the draft, you get what ou're given kinda thing. If we we're running a season that will play out a little longer then it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I only have nba live 09 and would be interested in a tournament of that.

I'm up for another. Didn't see the thread until now. Not really interested in a draft unless we're doing a season. From past experiences it can take around 6 to 7 hours and that's only if you keep a 2 to 3 minute timer on everyones picks, plus you have to organise a time for everyone to be on at the same season. How bout just running a quick simulated fantasy draft? Pick the teams based on random.org and then just sim the draft, you get what ou're given kinda thing. If we we're running a season that will play out a little longer then it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

How's a season ran? I havent looked at them yet, and not sure how one would go.

Say we got another 8 people, do we have 8 teams who play each other X amount of times?

Understand the delays with a draft, and the sim draft sounds like a possible idea.

Need some more input from others......

How's a season ran? I havent looked at them yet, and not sure how one would go.

Say we got another 8 people, do we have 8 teams who play each other X amount of times?

Understand the delays with a draft, and the sim draft sounds like a possible idea.

Need some more input from others......

I haven't run a season on 2k9 only on Live and not for awhile. Just run a test like you said, see what the number of minimum teams are needed and see what the minimum season length is (think it's 16 games). Playoffs and Finals follow of course. At this stage you wouldn't want to run a long season and the advantages of running a season is everyone is involved longer. 16 games is practically one tournament like what we just ran and then you got the playoffs, draws it out a little and makes things interesting if you have to earn your playoff spot.

With the draft thing, it might not be so bad if we only have say 8 to 12 teams, wouldn't take as long as a 30 team draft but still would take awhile and could be a pain organising.

so if we keep it as simple as possible, there can't be any reason for people to commit and not be able to play

Good point, that's why I was thinking if a draft is involved then just sim it.

Scotty have you PM's the guys that we're in the last one?

PMs sent. I couldnt find Perfect Big D?

If anyone has any 2K9 buddies, get them in on it if they can commit. Would be good to see a big tourney or short season etc. Where we all play each other 3 times throughout and then playoffs.

I'll send out some PM's through Xbox Live in the next few days to all Aus guys I got on live that are playing 2k9. Should be 6 spots minimum. Maybe up to 12 if they got any mates playing aswell. I'll also set up a short league tonight and work out what the minimum amount of games and teams is that we need.

No offense to any international members but I'd rather keep this to Aus and NZ players only. Maybe include Tasmania. ;)

Reason being is the only connection problems I've had was with Dave, and organising times to play can be a headache. Leagues and tournaments come a dime a dozen, especially for the US guys.

What does everyone else think?

It should be a group discussion, I'm not making the rules here but I think I'm gonna bounce If we keep it open to anyone.

The other thing is we're going to have to make use of the 2k forums for the league. I'm not planning on getting all the guys that join to register on this site and I'm sure admin would probably prefer it that way also.

Last but not least, I need to know before I start sending out invites/messages if we're using default teams/rosters or we're running a draft. If we can confirm exactly how it will be run then I'm sure there'll be more interest. If we say 'we may be doing this' or 'we may be doing that' then people won't be interested.

If it doesn't look like we're progressing within the next week I might just drop out as the last time was drawn out way too long. So let's get some discussion going, keep the thread active, anyone who has any ideas please share them. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom