Whos your number 1 pick?

jestero12

Banned User
Real Name
Umesh Rajadevan
eBay User
jestero12
All right...youre the coach of the new AFL team, the Gold Coast Bandits, who are to join the league in 2009. As part of the league entrance package, you are allowed to choose 3 players from the playing lists of any of the 16 AFL clubs. Players, who have been offered huge incentives to move up North, are all itching to be selected.

Which 3 players would you select to build your team around?
Who would you pick first?

Riewoldt purely for his marketability up there

but they dont get to choose like that, clubs can name a safe list and they can take from whats left over.

but hypothetically i would also take heath shaw and dean cox, you need a good spine of HB-R-HF

you'd choose a 29 year old troy simmonds over a 26 year old dean cox? Has he been producing something I haven't noticed for the last 5 years?

Surely you'd go for proven potential with at least 5-6 years left in their body. Cooney would definately be such a player.

1) Lance Franklin
2) Gary Ablett
3) Chris Judd

Those two would rove off the opposition ruckman and put it down Franklin's throat every centre bounce ;)

Have to Say

1. Gary Ablett Jnr
2. Lance Franklin
3.Chris Judd

In 2009 both Ablett will be 25, Judd only 26 and Buddy will be 22!
I would say you could build a solid team around those 3.

Edit: Damn! beat me by a few seconds

you'd choose a 29 year old troy simmonds over a 26 year old dean cox? Has he been producing something I haven't noticed for the last 5 years?

Surely you'd go for proven potential with at least 5-6 years left in their body. Cooney would definately be such a player.

1) Lance Franklin
2) Gary Ablett
3) Chris Judd

Those two would rove off the opposition ruckman and put it down Franklin's throat every centre bounce ;)

I was thinking pretty releastically about this thats why i didnt chose cox as he will never leave the eagles while simmonds probably would if it wasnt realistic i would pick

buddy
cox
swan

So whats the actual deal with selections? Surely there won't be any superstars put into lists apart from the ones who nominate to go.

Brad Sewell - this years brownlow medalist
Gary Ablett
Chris Judd

You can have the best full forward and the best ruckman but if your onballers dont clear it then you go no where. Look at the teams that have one the flag and there midfields are where the game is one.

Gary Ablett
Chris Judd

Love the call on brad sewell!!!

My list would be

1. Franklin - a man monster set to dnate CHF if hes shoulders hold up
2. Ablett - all class and inspiration
3. Bartel at 24, just ahead of Brown 26, Judd 26, and Cox 26....

Though if you didn't have Franklin, Brown would be the perfect CHF to lead you team.

Adam Cooney at 22/3 would be a great choice too...he's about to come into the prime of his career...well has come into, will be a force for a decade to come.

Gary Ablett
Chris Judd

You can have the best full forward and the best ruckman but if your onballers dont clear it then you go no where. Look at the teams that have one the flag and there midfields are where the game is one.

On ballers are important but you need to kick goals to win, Buddy would have to be first pick at the moment on current form

Back
Top Bottom