Who's you top 8?

jestero12

Banned User
Real Name
Umesh Rajadevan
eBay User
jestero12
Who will win the Brownlow? The Coleman? The Norm Smith?
What will be the final 8?

9 rounds in and the teams are starting to settle themsleves...the only dark horse for me is looming as Port Adelaide...but they have their work cut out for them just to make the eight.

Heres mine-

Premiers: Geelong
R/U: Hawthorn
Sydney
Adelaide
Western
Collingwood
Brisbane
Port Adelaide

Kangaroos i think will just miss out. Have utmost repect for them, and how they play as a team. Have some of the most underrated players in the comp. But i think they'll fade, as will the Doggies. The Hawkas will be in for a cold run too soon. But I expect them to win enough games to gain the double chance.

For the Brownlow, my early tip was Sam Mitchell, but that isn't a chance anymore...I think its still up in the air, but like last year i expect the cats to poll a lot (as well as the Hawks- but Bateman, Sewell, Mitchell and Franklin will share)...

My tip would be G Ablett just ahead of Cooney and S Black

For the Coleman? How could you go past Buddy Franklin...

I mean expect a bit of a fade out in the middle of the season, but what can you say about a bloke that kicks 3 on his bad days!

Norm Smith? Watch out for Paul Chapman to be just as destructive this year, and this time grab the BOG

What do you think?

Kangaroos i think will just miss out. Have utmost repect for them, and how they play as a team. Have some of the most underrated players in the comp. But i think they'll fade, as will the Doggies. The Hawkas will be in for a cold run too soon. But I expect them to win enough games to gain the double chance.

Agree with your Kangaroos prediction. If they do make the top 8 well i'd be almost fancying them for the premiership, considering they have to play Geelong twice, Hawthorn and the Bulldogs again. They also play Freo in subi, though thats not much trouble these days haha, and Brisbane twice in Queensland. Considering they need 7 wins to make the 8 probably, its crucial they win at least 2-3 of those games. Regardless of how they fair in these matches, they play Port Adelaide twice, so depsite beating sides likes cats and hawks, if they don't beat Port, they might still miss out. Could go down to the wire in Round 22!

I rate Brisbane as a dark horse this year, not a genuine premiership threat, but could do something similar to Geelong in 2004 and sneak into the top 4 with a developing side. They've got 7 games left in Queensland out of 13, and games against Melbourne, Richmond and Essendon in Victoria.

If they continue playing like they have been, I'd rate Black for the Brownlow. Can't see Buddy not winning the coleman bar injury, but if he does get injured, possibly Brown or Bradshaw to kick bags of goals guiding their team to the top 4.

Norm Smith will go to...Matty Scarlett, after he leaves Franklin goaless in the Grand Final and racks up 20 odd possession out of defence :)

Tough one. There's so much left to come.

I agree with Clegs that Brisbane is travelling very nicely. Wouldn't be surprised to see them right amongst it deep into September.

But I differ on North. I think they're the real deal. They have so much talent sidelined right now. There's real depth at that club.

Not convinced about Port. They are where their form and ability suggests they should be right now. And I worry a bit about Geelong. Top 4 definitely, but I see their dominance waning. Here's my top 8:

Hawthorn
Collingwood
Geelong
Adelaide
North Melbourne
Brisbane
Sydney
Bulldogs

Norm Smith will go to Sam Mitchell to make up for his disappointment at finishing top of the Brownlow but being ineligible to win it! Instead, Cooney, who finishes second, wins the award, from Black and Richo (who, consistent with his career, only loses because he stands on a rake while doing the gardening before round 22 and is out injured!).

The Coleman? Franklin in a canter.

Back
Top Bottom