Who displays details ON the package?

Alistair

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Alistair
I haven't bought or sold for a while so forgive me if this is common practice, but does it strike anyone else as strangely insecure that a seller would package an item with the precise card type and value stuck to the front?

What if it was a really expensive card? What if my postman happened to be a collector? Is this common?

Anyway, click here if you're interested to see the card itself that was inside the package that arrived safely ;)

kemp1.jpg

Yeah, not sure I like the idea of having that level of detail on the package. Almost worth mentioning it to the seller as something to consider.

I don't like the idea of having the value on the package because if the missus saw me buy something really expensive I might be in the doghouse, lol.

I usually just put sports cards on the label. By the looks of it, the seller prints the forms himself.

I don't like the idea of having the value on the package because if the missus saw me buy something really expensive I might be in the doghouse, lol.

haha, i had that trouble today when the envelope arrived with $85 written on it! i had to convince her that was just its value not what i actually paid to cover my arse a little bit

If sending stuff O/S I will indicate say 5 trading cards and if they are worth 50 dollars then I put the correct amount on there..........I mean that's what the form is for.

Obviously this guy has been burnt in the past and wants to cover himself. From a sellers point of view - Fantastic work and from a buyers point of view - Wouldn't have a problem with it at all ... Given how Paypal are refund happy I would do something like that myself and take video of the whole packaging process if sending O/S ( I am assuming that card is from O/S) mind you there is dodgy pluckers everywhere i spose!!

Yes... I had a $4000 comic sent with the ebay auction page printed and attached to the outside. Needless to say, it arrived empty. The seller claimed the insurance and I had no recourse. Worst couple of months of my life. Had to write it off.
STUPID practice, there is NO need to put THAT MUCH detail on the declaration.

Yes... I had a $4000 comic sent with the ebay auction page printed and attached to the outside. Needless to say, it arrived empty. The seller claimed the insurance and I had no recourse. Worst couple of months of my life. Had to write it off.
STUPID practice, there is NO need to put THAT MUCH detail on the declaration.

wait...are you saying that you lost 4k on that and couldnt claim a refund due to the amount of detail the seller used?

wait...are you saying that you lost 4k on that and couldnt claim a refund due to the amount of detail the seller used?

I'm saying the seller was so stupid to put the detail on the outside and somebody stole it in transit. When it arrived empty he filed for insurance... but kept it. I paid through moneybookers so had zero protection. Lost $4k.
Had he NOT put the detail on the outside the chances are it would have arrived...

I'm saying the seller was so stupid to put the detail on the outside and somebody stole it in transit. When it arrived empty he filed for insurance... but kept it. I paid through moneybookers so had zero protection. Lost $4k.
Had he NOT put the detail on the outside the chances are it would have arrived...

Ouch, that has got to hurt :cry:

So he scammed you!? Got the $4k from you and $4k back from insurance too!?

I'm not a big fan of the super hero comics (especially since marvel booted 3 great titles in the 1990's - The 'Nam, Transformers and GI Joe), but even I know that's a big one. Yeowch.

Back
Top Bottom