Which Grant Hill Card Is This?

farsight87

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rick
eBay User
rickywales87
Hi all,

I have the exact same card as pictured below, I am just having trouble identifying which card this is on the Beckett Price Guide.

GHill.jpg

It has 94-95 written on the card and skybox and nbahoops logos. Its of Grant Hill and has a see-through sky background, that is mirrored the same on the back.

Would I be correct in saying it is this card?:

1994-95 Hoops #PR1 Grant Hill PROMO

https://www.beckett.com/basketball/1994-...mo-8655126

Thanks a bunch.

Hi all,

I have the exact same card as pictured below, I am just having trouble identifying which card this is on the Beckett Price Guide.

It has 94-95 written on the card and skybox and nbahoops logos. Its of Grant Hill and has a see-through sky background, that is mirrored the same on the back.

Would I be correct in saying it is this card?:

1994-95 Hoops #PR1 Grant Hill PROMO

https://www.beckett.com/basketball/1994-...mo-8655126

Thanks a bunch.

the small print on the back of the card states 'skybox 1995' which means its from the 95-96 season.
im pretty sure its the NNO exchange from that set...

Just so many different graded versions out there that are contradictory, I don't know what to believe lol.
yeah, im not sure now. it looks like the middle card is actually the co-ROTY exchange card. im pretty sure the bottom one is the NNO tribute card. theres a NNO sweepstakes card also, but its not any of the ones youve posted. so back to the drawing board i guess...someone with more knowledge on the subject is bound to reply soon tho.

Yep, PSA are also confused as I have several of the same cards with different labels on them :S

How these ones are labelled is how I believe they are identified.

199495_granthill_hoops_commemerative_psa10.jpg

199596_granthill_hoops_coroyexchange_psa9.jpg

199596_granthill_hoops_tribute_psa10.jpg

Oh that's handy when the people who should know are confused haha!
Thanks Graham! Your selection seems to make sense, I'll run with that for now.
Cheers.

edit: found an old beckett when they used to list the pack odds:

95-96 Hoops Series 1 Hill Trib stated odds 1:360

comparison, same yeah SkyView were series 2 1:480 hobby/retail

comparison 2: 95-96 E-XL Natural Born Thrillers 1:48

I’d love to have an old pack and see the odds on these but I remember opening hundreds of packs of hoops chasing this exact card and I believe it was a relatively tough pull!
edit: found an old beckett when they used to list the pack odds:

95-96 Hoops Series 1 Hill Trib stated odds 1:360

comparison, same yeah SkyView were series 2 1:480 hobby/retail

comparison 2: 95-96 E-XL Natural Born Thrillers 1:48

Wow. Pretty glad I kept it in a top loader since I found it as a kid then! Happy days.

Op's one is definitely a pack pull, I still remember getting mine.
Had to go to the card shop under my dads work to ask them what it was, the dude laughed and pointed out the one they had for sale - $180.
Pretty stoked as a 12? year old

Wow what great info @graham ! I really don't remember sending wrappers in, so it being the Tribute 1:360 makes more sense to me. Thanks again for all the great info everyone. Pretty stoked right now.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom