Which Grant Hill Card Is This?

farsight87

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rick
eBay User
rickywales87
Hi all,

I have the exact same card as pictured below, I am just having trouble identifying which card this is on the Beckett Price Guide.

GHill.jpg

It has 94-95 written on the card and skybox and nbahoops logos. Its of Grant Hill and has a see-through sky background, that is mirrored the same on the back.

Would I be correct in saying it is this card?:

1994-95 Hoops #PR1 Grant Hill PROMO

https://www.beckett.com/basketball/1994-...mo-8655126

Thanks a bunch.

Hi all,

I have the exact same card as pictured below, I am just having trouble identifying which card this is on the Beckett Price Guide.

It has 94-95 written on the card and skybox and nbahoops logos. Its of Grant Hill and has a see-through sky background, that is mirrored the same on the back.

Would I be correct in saying it is this card?:

1994-95 Hoops #PR1 Grant Hill PROMO

https://www.beckett.com/basketball/1994-...mo-8655126

Thanks a bunch.

the small print on the back of the card states 'skybox 1995' which means its from the 95-96 season.
im pretty sure its the NNO exchange from that set...

Just so many different graded versions out there that are contradictory, I don't know what to believe lol.
yeah, im not sure now. it looks like the middle card is actually the co-ROTY exchange card. im pretty sure the bottom one is the NNO tribute card. theres a NNO sweepstakes card also, but its not any of the ones youve posted. so back to the drawing board i guess...someone with more knowledge on the subject is bound to reply soon tho.

Yep, PSA are also confused as I have several of the same cards with different labels on them :S

How these ones are labelled is how I believe they are identified.

199495_granthill_hoops_commemerative_psa10.jpg

199596_granthill_hoops_coroyexchange_psa9.jpg

199596_granthill_hoops_tribute_psa10.jpg

Oh that's handy when the people who should know are confused haha!
Thanks Graham! Your selection seems to make sense, I'll run with that for now.
Cheers.

edit: found an old beckett when they used to list the pack odds:

95-96 Hoops Series 1 Hill Trib stated odds 1:360

comparison, same yeah SkyView were series 2 1:480 hobby/retail

comparison 2: 95-96 E-XL Natural Born Thrillers 1:48

I’d love to have an old pack and see the odds on these but I remember opening hundreds of packs of hoops chasing this exact card and I believe it was a relatively tough pull!
edit: found an old beckett when they used to list the pack odds:

95-96 Hoops Series 1 Hill Trib stated odds 1:360

comparison, same yeah SkyView were series 2 1:480 hobby/retail

comparison 2: 95-96 E-XL Natural Born Thrillers 1:48

Wow. Pretty glad I kept it in a top loader since I found it as a kid then! Happy days.

Wow what great info @graham ! I really don't remember sending wrappers in, so it being the Tribute 1:360 makes more sense to me. Thanks again for all the great info everyone. Pretty stoked right now.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom