What % ownership of limited numbered cards starts to steer the market

mtooler

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
bekmichael
Hi all,

Curious to get opinions off collectors that have done this for a while. What % ownership of limited numbered cards starts to steer the market? My guess is 5-10% can effect upwards inflation on prices.

What's your thoughts?

A lot of views, anyone game to have a guess? I've gone with 5-10% because I think that will suck up a lot of the ebay and forums and facebook groups offerrings of a certain card. I've heard someone do this with Dangerfield previously. I have about 3-4% total of a few signature cards and plan on snapping them up whenever they are cheap.

If a card is limited to 100 Id think 10 definitely would control it. Or honour rolls having 7 of those would definitely control it. I think of the Tom Mitchell signatures for Swans supporters and they are quite expensive and rarely on the market to purchase.

I had nearly 100 of the Michael Hurley draft sig cards. Didn't really see any difference. I have offloaded most of them over the last 12 months for similar or less than I paid.

But AFL cards in general are down about 25-30% over last 12 months anyway. So probably not the best time for me to sell.

I reckon honour rolls u would need at least 20 unless a big team. Oyher than that u need to get your hands on at least 30 - 40% imo
Which is a massive number, I don't think I'll worry. I think I'll just grab 15-20 cards of a few players sigs and stop there. Definitely an interesting discussion to have.

Yeah thast what im doing with omeara. Not too fussed getting huge amount but just trading any sigs I get for omeara as thought it would be cool to have alot of one player. And I love omeara hahah
Yeah Parker and Hanners here.

Back
Top Bottom