What Happens To Un-Redeemed Cards?

lyonsescargot

AFL is Football!
Real Name
Luke
eBay User
lyonsescargot
I know a guy that pulled a Nick Dal Santo 2006 Champions X-factor Signature Redemption card. Tragically in his excitement sent it to select with out a postage paid return address envelope. He never received the card back. I guess the unofficial release is really 499 not 500.

Does anyone know of another person who has done this? I wonder how many cards are never are redeemed, also what happens to those cards not redeemed?

There are ugly little gnomes that work at select who steal cards like that and use them to build huge gnome mansions ;)

i had a andrew gaze redemption and pulled it about 8 years after the release, they still allowed me to redeem it

couldnt ur guy ring select?? surely they have it there somewhere

sometimes I think some of the guys from select will take the card and keep it themselves and if it does actually get lost then I think they just keep them on hand for if someone ever redeems them, as Darpy said 8 years later they are still honouring their redemptions :thumbsup:

I have some Gladiator cards from way back that i tried to redeem. They were from the aussie company that i believe are now defunct. (the name eludes me atm) That was a little disappointing. :(

I have some Gladiator cards from way back that i tried to redeem. They were from the aussie company that i believe are now defunct. (the name eludes me atm) That was a little disappointing. :(

Probably Futera or dynamic unfortunately if the company goes under there is not much you can do about the redemption cards :(

My Dougie Hawkins was pulled close to 10 years before I emailed Select and they let me redeem it. Got it in a few weeks too.

I emailed the team at Select in March with a question about AFL redemption cards -- and how old is too old.

The answer I received was:
"Generally, whilst still available, I can redeem predictors. Exceptions to this are 2002 Gold and 2001. For others, just follow the instructions on the reverse, disregard the cut off date."

They have always redeemed anything I've sent them and some have been over 5 years since the cut off at the time.

Ian

Generally, whilst still available, I can redeem predictors. Exceptions to this are 2002 Gold and 2001. For others, just follow the instructions on the reverse, disregard the cut off date.

Yeah, there are some predictors that cant be redeemed any more, i figure they have all already been redeemed, i think there is 1 year of NRL that cant be redeemed as well :thumbsup:

yer i heard.. that select honour all redemptions from any year any series.. when you send off you redemption your not sending it to select you are sending it to a third- party security company that handles all the redemptions. Mailguard services.. to ensure that there they is not too much double handling of cards by too many ppl.. and if select go belly up ppl will still be able to redeem cards.. whats happened to you mate.. is that someone has pilfered it in the post system.. ive just had same thing happened to me.. Did he send rego post.?? IF that s the case you can track it and Mailguard services would have receipt that they have recieved the redemption card.

Theres also the 2001 Craig Bradley Captain which can no longer be redeemed, hi everyone by the way :wave:

Yep thats the one so maybe all 50 have been redeemed, but why would they tell people if they had all been redeemed. Or the ones they had left were damaged and cant be sent or they may have even been used as a replacement for other redemptions.

Back
Top Bottom