UFC UFC 110 - Acer Arena Sydney

Damn I am feeling pumped today!!!
Can't wait to fly out to Sydney :)

Really hoping I will be able to get into the weigh-ins tomorrow.
Will be sure to post some photo's etc of the event (on the boards) when I get home!

Get heaps of the wand v bisping weigh in/staredown my man!!! Would love some of them pics!!!

Watch it on YouTube siege..all he trys to do is grapple and ends up
getting banged out! He looks pretty small to be fighting at HW aswell I red that he switchs between LHW and HW so if he plans to take CC down it's a uphill battle being lighter and CC has a awesome sprawl/push off... this is Taylor made for KO of the year..i'm hoping it follows CC highkick ko"s like the igor vochanchin knockout that was sickening!!

Anybody want to bet some moolah on this fight hahahaha taking all bets!!

Nevada athletic commission would never sanction this fight!
Possibly the 1 st death inside the cage, i wouldnt be suprised if he pulls out before the fight?....i dont even know why he would even accept it!

Other than me bagging him, i cant wait to see Cro Cop get some confidence back and people in the crowd having some faith in him again:D

I would say that Perosh would have accepted it to fight a top name in front of his Aussie crowd.

Oh, and the $$'s might have been a small part of it too!!! :)

Had a fantastic day.
Am in Sydney for UFC110. Went to Bondi Beach today. Was sitting outside the German Beer Cafe having drinks.
Saw UFC fighter Ryan Bader, said hello congrats etc got a photo. Was well happy :)
Then it was like a who's who of fighters (spoke to/ got photo's with all of them)
Then I saw CB Dollaway and Jesse Forbes, were inside the German beer place that we were visiting!! When they left I chatted to them (they said who got fight+ko+sub of the night).
Then about 30 mins later Cain Valasquez walked past!!
We later left the beer cafe and continued walking down the strip.
Bumped into Wanderlei Silva!! Awesome bloke and huge even compared to the other fighters (he is built like a tank!!).
Not 2 minutes later saw Big Nog getting out of a car just ahead of us. He was understandibly quiet, but still a great bloke.
BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!
Sounds unbelieveable, but I got the photo's to prove it!!!

Here is a photo from Sunday that I think you guys could appreciate!!

DSCN3409.jpg

(no that is not me posing with them!)

I was at the show. I just have to say the crowd in the Sotiropolous vs Stevenson fight was the most insane crowd i've ever been in. It was incredible.

I agree! My 2 mates I went with and I all agreed that this fight was the highlight of the event. I think the atmosphere had a lot to do with it!
George put on a real clinic as well. Was a superb fight and a very worthy winner of Fight of the night.

There were heaps of funny things shouted out by the crowd during the event, but I watched the telicast and you could not hear any of them :(
You could hear most of the chants though!

I agree! My 2 mates I went with and I all agreed that this fight was the highlight of the event. I think the atmosphere had a lot to do with it!
George put on a real clinic as well. Was a superb fight and a very worthy winner of Fight of the night.

There were heaps of funny things shouted out by the crowd during the event, but I watched the telicast and you could not hear any of them :(
You could hear most of the chants though!

I enjoyed the wanderlei fight the most

I think that I expected Joe to tear through George and the fact that George was just dominating the fight wherever it went, was what made it so good for me.
I sort of expected Wand to destroy Bisping and the fact that he did not, maybe made that fight not really live up to my expectations (it was still a great fight though!!).

I shot a video while at the weigh-ins for UFC 110 I uploaded it to Youtube last night. It goes for 20 mins, but for anyone who is interested:
Part1:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUyZcU8LP9M"]YouTube- Siege's Holiday video part 1[/ame]
Part2:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDB-wR477tE"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

---------- Post added 07-03-2010 at 08:18 AM ----------

Part2:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDB-wR477tE"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

I was there too. The show really did pick up from the George-Joe fight. The two first fights on the main card (Cro Cop + Bader/Jardine) were a little disapointing but the next 3 fights were insane.

Crowd did go crazy during Sotriopolous fight, especially during all the transitions. Joe Daddy looked so overconfident coming to the the octagon and i really thought he completely underestimated George.

Can't wait for another live event next year. All indications point to the UFC doing it in Melbourne (pending cage fighting becoming legal down there between now and then). I don't really care where it is, i'll be making the trek (was kind of cool having it 20 minutes down the road from my house though ;) )

Back
Top Bottom