UD Portraits 8x10s

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
BLARDY HELL!!

I purchased 3 of these on eBay for a good price, and paid registered post for them. I receive them 2 days later and the corners are TOTALLY WRECKED! Written off!! AGH! I mean, I can't blame the seller! He did his best by putting the three between 2 pieces of thick cardboard and taped it together.. then placed it in a bubble mailer.. but the things still cop a beating! Its not a minor dent, its like the corner was used to pick someone's nose!

I'm getting a full refund and he's gonna pay for the shipping I'm spending to get the cards back to him, but that's a shame. I'd be so sad if that happened to me where I was the seller. What else is one supposed to do? Put these in a thick hard box and pay double shipping? :confused:

Just a warning to those who are thinking of purchasing these 8x10's.

End rant.

i was looking at some on the bay aswell, but was wondering how i would store them let alone if they would get to me in good condition.... thanks definately something to keep in mind :)

For those who don't know what they look like.. they aren't cardboard. I think they're of plastic material and are quite flexible.. but the corners can still take a beating.

If I was to pack them, I would do the same... place them between two thick pieces of thick cardboard (or use the material they use for clipboards)... then put something on the corners for extra protection... I dunno, maybe metal or something. Justin- didn't yours come unschated?

Maybe you just got unlucky. A bugger none the less.

In regards to storage, the only thing i can think of is to frame them or i think Justin's came in oversized top loaders??

Justin...are you there??

That sucks Carlos but other than boxing them up thats the risk. 8 X 10 toploaders are available for them and can be had easily online or at NW cardsupplies etc. I've got many pics in toploaders and also stand up 8 x 10 stands. But that doesn't help if you don't get them in great condition to start with.

Bad luck dude.

I'd be asking for it to be boxed if I purchased one in the future. Shipping wouldn't be that much more.

Received one of mine today.

A couple of the corners arrived a bit dodgy.

Mine came from France in a Fed Ex envelope taped with 2 pieces of thick cardboard and surrounded with a padded mailer.

Back
Top Bottom