UD Authenticated Flashback

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
I thought I would post some photos of what is one of my prized posessions.

16 x 20 Auto From UDA

Penny1.jpg

Auto.jpg

0032.jpg

Back in the 90's I used to collect all things Penny, starting from his rookie year through to about 1998.

When I picked this item up he was at his prime, an All Star, a team leader and regarded as one of the best players in the league. Its a shame that injuries robbed him of some of his best years, but on his day he was an awesome player.

Cheers
Matt

I agree, Penny was one of my favourite players way back. It's a bummer so many top players have had injuries adversely affect their careers. Cool pic.

awesome pic mate, very nice, definately a shame about the injuries that he had, he had such a promising career ahead of him, i remember those lil penny ads they were so funny :)

Penny was tops back in his prime. As you say injuries have degraded him quite a bit.

And if I remember correctly, his Autos are pretty hard to find, and when ya do, they cost a sweet penny (lol, that worked well).

EXCELLENT photo Matt! Well done!!

another couple of q's

does that photo just have the upper deck sticker?
does it come with like a certificate thing as well?

also, where did you pickup that beauty when you got it originally?

Gday,
The photo comes with the sticker and also the certificate from UD.

I managed to pick this up through a dealer in the US back in the good old days when I was working at a card shop in Sydney.

Cheers
Matt

its not really that relevant on how he is playing now,
just because when he was at his prime he was one of the biggest players in the nba..
the best thing bout that photo is that it was signed during this period, and in his magic uni..

cant reproduce that ever

just because when he was at his prime he was one of the biggest players in the nba..

Yes Geelong, he was red HOT. My point is it's great he's still playing and not too proud to give it away cos he ain't a starter... I was very fond of him too, my 10yr old dog is named Penny :lol:

Glad I sold my 93-94 Penny UD SE Die Cut for $200 back then - at the time I though it was a bad move :)

Back
Top Bottom