Tribute to Phillip - box of 2009/10 Select

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
Hi guys,

I have yet to post about the tragic happenings of the past week and my condolences, but I have been pretty shattered; I found out at school and spent the rest of the day in tears.

So first a tribute to Phillip Hughes. No-one will forget his twin centuries against South Africa, or even his List A double century, but two moments stick out most for me.

Firstly, his innings against England at Trent Bridge in the 2013 Ashes. Ashton Agar will always be remembered for his innings, but one could argue that Phillip's was even better. Had Agar not been dismissed he would likely have scored a Test century, and despite being overshadowed I think that was one of his best Test innings.

Secondly, a moment from 2012, when Australia were playing Sri Lanka in Hobart. It was nearing tea and Australia were looking for a wicket, and so they brought on keeper Matthew Wade to have an over. And guess who took the gloves? Phillip Hughes. For me that epitomises his attitude, his team-first spirit that is one of the reasons why there has been such an outpouring of grief over the last couple of days.

This was just a tragic accident. I hope no-one ever has to go through this again. But I also feel so sorry for Sean Abbott; it's not even close to being his fault. I hope he gets all the support he needs for the rest of his life.

So, despite not collecting cricket cards anymore, I decided to buy a box of 2009/10 Select. The reason is, I have been in possession of two Phillip Hughes Elite Signatures but sold them both. There was no way I could have foreseen what was to happen on Tuesday, but I do feel a twinge of regret. So, I would love nothing more than for a Phil Hughes Elite Signature to come out from one of the packets, which would be redeemed straight away and kept in my collection forever.

Starting in 5 minutes.

Rest in Peace Phillip Hughes.

Last edited:
Pack 1: Tait Die Cut
Pack 2: Hayden 5000 Runs, Hughes Die Cut =D>
Pack 3: Haddin Die Cut
Pack 4: Ponting Die Cut

Pack 5: North Foil Signature, Laughlin Die Cut
Pack 6: Hopes Freshman, Ferguson Die Cut
Pack 7: Waugh 5000 Runs, Bracken Die Cut
Pack 8: Hussey Die Cut

Pack 9: Ronchi Die Cut
Pack 10: Marsh Die Cut, Hughes Test common :thumbsup:
Pack 11: Geeves Die Cut
Pack 12: Clarke Die Cut

If u are getting rid of any inserts let me no mate cheers

Pack 13: Johnson Die Cut
Pack 14: Lee Masters Gem, Johnson Die Cut
Pack 15: McDonald Foil Signature, Watson Die Cut
Pack 16: Watson Die Cut

Pack 17: Hussey Die Cut
Pack 18: Ponting Foil Signature, Hodge Die Cut
Pack 19: Siddle Die Cut
Pack 20: Hauritz Die Cut

Pack 21: Haddin Die Cut
Pack 22: Marsh Die Cut
Pack 23: Manou Foil Signature, Lee Die Cut
Pack 24: Hilfenhaus Freshman, Ferguson Die Cut

Pack 29: Lee Foil Signature, Bollinger Die Cut
Pack 30: Border 5000 Test Runs, Lee Die Cut
Pack 31: White Die Cut
Pack 32: Clarke Die Cut

Pack 33: Hilfenhaus Die Cut
Pack 34: Hopes Die Cut
Pack 35: Ponting Die Cut
Pack 36: Marsh Foil Signature, Harwood Die Cut

Well that's it. A poor box, and yet compared to what the Hughes family, the Australian team and Sean Abbott are going through, it's not something to get upset over. I might get another box soon.

Thanks for watching.

Just a heads up guys. The BBL release from 2013 also has a Phillip Hughes signature card in it as well.

If you are struggling to find the select 2009/10 boxes, you may be able to have a crack at the BBL stuff which is easier to come accross.
Very true mate, I was surprised to find Al's didn't have any BBL. Otherwise probably would've grabbed a box of that as well.

Back
Top Bottom