Trade Rumours?

Ive had a gutfull of these crap AFL trade rules. Im not the biggest fan of the AFL at the best of times but there rules during this trade period are shit.
If a player is uncontracted why should the club which he was contracted at get anything for him?? They obviously dont want him or want to get him for a cheap price. This is where the AFL is so dodgy. I agree if a player is contracted but wants out then the club should play hardball and get what they can for him, BUT these OUT OF CONTRACT players deserve the right to go whereever and they sdhould go for nothing as the club doesnt care about the player on what they can get out if it.:mad:

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Ive had a gutfull of these crap AFL trade rules. Im not the biggest fan of the AFL at the best of times but there rules during this trade period are shit.
If a player is uncontracted why should the club which he was contracted at get anything for him?? They obviously dont want him or want to get him for a cheap price. This is where the AFL is so dodgy. I agree if a player is contracted but wants out then the club should play hardball and get what they can for him, BUT these OUT OF CONTRACT players deserve the right to go whereever and they sdhould go for nothing as the club doesnt care about the player on what they can get out if it.:mad:

YOUR THOUGHTS?

I agree with you for the most part, but when teams want players, especially players who are older or questionable fitness, and so want to only offer shorter contract than the player wants, I think they should be entitled to some reimbursement for the effort previously put into the player.... especially if that player has proved disruptive just because he didn't get the captaincy or the money offer he thought he was worth or something like that.... its a team game, respect your team and they will hopefully respect you.... some players i think deserve to go where they want to go, irrespective of a trade... others, should only go where they want if their team who wanted them but was rebuffed, gets some compensation.

Yeah a lot of my opinion is based around Spida and his selfishness and the impact it had on the Hawks.... he stopped wanting to play for us when we made Vanders captain over him... thats selfish, thus we are entitled to get the best deal we can for him.... however should we have offered him real crap contract and he had been on his best behaviour, then I'd say he deserves to go to where he wants to go regardless of any compensation for us.... but he disrupted our previous season.... we deserve to be compensated for that....... just as I think Aker is so lucky a deal was done quickly for him.... cos he was disruptive too tho I think some of that was blown out of proportion by the media....

All very true.

Only on rare occasions (spider) would i let it be so. And he did the same thing to the saints mate (Yes i am a saint man). Hes got attitude problems.
Best thing for spider is to have no deal and go into the preseason and play for CARLTON BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

On the Saints. Why would we wanna get another slow midfielder in Jason Johnson? We are slow enough in the centre without him. TIP FOR ROSS LYON- GET A F**KN RUCKMAN. Is it that hard or is it to muich to ask for????

Craziest rumours mentioned by the media this week:
Medhurst for Kerr LMAO

and a 3 way deal...
McLeod and Van Berlo to WC
Judd to Carlton
#1 pick to the crows - Gibbs
LMAO

anyone else heard any funny ones?

Pity it looks like WC will get nothing for a former AA ruckmen in Gardiner :(
but hopefully McDougall goes to the dogs for more than just an exchange of picks. atm the doggies want to give pick 29 in exchange for pick 34 plus McD.

Since he wants to play for us so much, maybe #16 pick plus Staker for Tarrant would be ok, but no big loss if WC don't get him which looks most likely. The pies wanted #16 and Rosa which was rejected by the eagles, so off to talk with freo they go.

doesn't anyone want Gaspar?

i heard a report that SEN said their is going to be a BIG Name player traded far better than Everitt and crappy Tarrant by the deadline.
Judd may not be safe, hes got everything he needs at West Coast, he might be thinking hard about a return to Victoria. All speculation though and alot of this is never true.

Pity it looks like WC will get nothing for a former AA ruckmen in Gardiner :(
but hopefully McDougall goes to the dogs for more than just an exchange of picks. atm the doggies want to give pick 29 in exchange for pick 34 plus McD.

Since he wants to play for us so much, maybe #16 pick plus Staker for Tarrant would be ok, but no big loss if WC don't get him which looks most likely. The pies wanted #16 and Rosa which was rejected by the eagles, so off to talk with freo they go.

doesn't anyone want Gaspar?

Pick 16 and Staker is an insult lol. Why would we take him on for? what good would he be to our team lol, not a bad mark but thats about it. We rejected Fletcher and pick 16 and rightfully so. 1 first round pick and a quality young player which is fair, if not we will just keep him simple as that. :)

Well be happy, you got pick 8 in the super draft which is more than fair. With Medhurst thrown in, it looks like a great deal by the pies as Med could fill in for Didak early next year.

Also, glad that West Coast got two better picks for a de-listed player in McDougall. Good luck at the dogs Andy :D

Well be happy, you got pick 8 in the super draft which is more than fair. With Medhurst thrown in, it looks like a great deal by the pies as Med could fill in for Didak early next year.

being a Collingwood supporter i agree with your comments, the pick was what the pies where mainly after and Medhurst is better than nothing at all.

Looks like the 1st two rounds of the Draft look like this:

1 - Carlton
2 - Essendon
3 - Kangaroos
4 - Brisbane
5 - Port Adelaide
6 - Hawthorn
7 - Geelong
8 - Collingwood
9 - St Kilda
10 - Collingwood
11 - Bulldogs
12 - Melbourne
13 - Richmond
14 - Adelaide
15 - Sydney
16 - West Coast
17 - Carlton
18 - Essendon
19 - Carlton
20 - Essendon
21 - Kangaroos
22 - Brisbane
23 - Port Adelaide
24 - Hawthorn
25 - Geelong
26 - Richmond
27 - St Kilda
28 - Collingwood
29 - West Coast
30 - Melbourne
31 - Fremantle
32 - Adelaide
33 - Hawthorn
34 - Bulldogs

2 picks in the top 10 :) ..... SUPERDRAFT@!!!

Yes Collingwood might just do OK out of this........It's supposed to be the best draft since the Judd / Hodge draft !

I am just glad the WCE have BOTh their draft picks before Fremantle for once ;)

I am hoping we pick up Moss, Colbung or Leuenberger (All from the WAFL) with one of our picks !!! Leuenberger was BOG in the WAFL Colts Grand Final in which East Perth won v East Fremantle (He plays for East Perth). Keep your eye out for those names guys, I think two of them will go in the first round ;)

kingsley said about a month ago when he quite Geelong (or got the arse) that he would liked to be picked by the eagles, so he might be going there. Sounds like along shot though.

Sooo...is kingsley gone from geelong?. Did we get anyone?

Nah, he is going into the pre-season draft, were, according to reports, and also these boards, the eagles, after failing to lure Tarrant, are looking at him.

But i reckon he will go somewhere, bounce between the 1st and 2nds, and retire in a couple of years... at least he is not at kardina park anymore

Back
Top Bottom