Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Re: Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSI

Robbed is a bit strong there Aram, plenty of shots Dirk MADE could and should have been called a foul too but they weren't. The thunder have no one but themselves to blame for today's loss. Inexperience and/or undefined roles and/or a bit of deer in the headlights factor.

3pt %
Mavs 32, Thunder 15

TO's
Mavs 13, Thunder 26

Rebounds
Mavs 33, Thunder 55

Re: Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSI

yeah your probably right, they did choke in the last 5 minutes, but still think that play did make a big difference in the context of things...a 6 point swing is a big difference when the game ended up in overtime! as much as i rag dirk for flopiness he was huge in that run toward the end and i actually do like the guy! just get annoyed at "floppy" players in the league like dirk, pierce and the all time mr floppy himself reggie miller!

Are you fking serious...?

This is the 2nd time they have been in the Playoffs, the first time was as the 8th seed and they got beaten by an extremely good and experienced team in LA. This year they rode a bit of an easier wave into the Playoffs with a little bit of experience and they have come up against a team that IMO is almost as good as the Lakers were last year... At least they are playing like it this year!!
Westbrook is in his third year and Durant his 4th, they still have a lot of learning to do... and you can't exactly expect OKC to go spending the money that LA etc have in the past because they just do not have the market for it. Add the fact in their that Perkins has been with the Thunder for not even half a season and was injured for the first part of it and you probably really have a team that is learning how to play with each other and gelling to a point! Dirk and Kidd are future HOF VETERANS who have both been to the finals before and deep into the playoffs on numerous times!!!!!!

IF they go on to lose to Dallas, which obviously looks likely at this time, it won't be because of perkins and Westbrook... It'll be because of youth and inexperience. Durant hasn't exactly played his best ball all series/PO's either!!!!

Westbrook will learn a lot, as will Durant from this deep playoff run, but anyone that thinks they could have gone all the way this year was hoping for a lot, too much infact, from a very young inexperienced group....

Totally agree, you sound like someone who knows what he's talking about. At the end of the day, the Thunder losing in the conference finals is a great season.

---------- Post added 24-05-2011 at 09:36 PM ----------

yeah your probably right, they did choke in the last 5 minutes, but still think that play did make a big difference in the context of things...a 6 point swing is a big difference when the game ended up in overtime! as much as i rag dirk for flopiness he was huge in that run toward the end and i actually do like the guy! just get annoyed at "floppy" players in the league like dirk, pierce and the all time mr floppy himself reggie miller!

Dirk is not a flopper at all. Pau gasol is the biggest flopper in the game. Thunder have only themselves to blame and would not give the heat or bulls a series if they made it through.

Robbed is a bit strong there Aram, plenty of shots Dirk MADE could and should have been called a foul too but they weren't. The thunder have no one but themselves to blame for today's loss. Inexperience and/or undefined roles and/or a bit of deer in the headlights factor.

Matt is dead on. I saw a few of those ridiculous shots Dirk pulled off. Very surprised they weren't called as and-1's. If it was Kobe or Bron, they definitely would have been fouls.

Man I am soooooooooooo pissed off right now. Seriously....... blowing a lead like that in 5 mins!?!? IMO it was a coaching error...... Harden fouled out we needed to keep the floor open & what does Brooks do? Brings in Thabo....... I didn't like the sub then & was shaking my head & see what happened. We struggled to score....... Cook should have been the one to come in the game to keep the floor spaced.

Also..... I am f*ckin sick of people blaming very damn loss on Westbrook...... "he shoots too much, he needs to get the ball to Durant blah blah blah"; people sound like a broken record. If you bothered to watch the whole game you would see he was doing a great job of distributing the ball, maybe he made a couple of bad decisions in the final stretch, but people have to get om him for everything f*ckin thing he does wrong & I am sick of it TBH! :mad: It's a team game & even KD jacked up some stupid shots, like that 30ft 3... don't see anyone getting on him about that.

If Brooks had put in Cook & had spaced the floor better & the team did a better job of setting screens to get KD open then I'm sure Russ would find him, but quit blaming Russ fort every damned screwed up possession because it's getting old.

Its all Russ's fault :lol:

Look to be honest he's not even a PG so its going to take time to perfect the position, he's such a talented young guy but imo he just needs to chill a little and see the floor a bit better and get his timing down pat. His turnover rate is pretty high and it does cause alot of headaches to OKC. That being said its quite incredible how well he is playing PG so far and if he can work on those little things there's no reason he won't be another Rose but for now in those high difficulty last second shots give Durant the ball! :lol:

I watched the game live and the replay too and Westbrook didn't do a good job of distributing the ball IMO. The 2nd time I watched it I caught Durant calling for the ball then shaking his head at the play Russ made, then it was 4th qtr I think, Durant gave the ball up and just stood there like on the bench side at half court and watched him make another error, it wasn't like a play they were running, it looked like a "well **** it, here you go" thing, it was weird.

Anyway, I'm just saying this from almost a neutral position, Brett is the one picking up on the subtle coaching errors etc. Might be just not being able to get it done in the moment, I dunno what the Thunder were doing to let that lead slip!

Totally agree, you sound like someone who knows what he's talking about. At the end of the day, the Thunder losing in the conference finals is a great season.

---------- Post added 24-05-2011 at 09:36 PM ----------

Dirk is not a flopper at all. Pau gasol is the biggest flopper in the game. Thunder have only themselves to blame and would not give the heat or bulls a series if they made it through.

your right pau is a flopper, but i still reckon pierce is a bigger flopper than gasol!

Also..... I am f*ckin sick of people blaming very damn loss on Westbrook...... "he shoots too much, he needs to get the ball to Durant blah blah blah"; people sound like a broken record. If you bothered to watch the whole game you would see he was doing a great job of distributing the ball, maybe he made a couple of bad decisions in the final stretch, but people have to get om him for everything f*ckin thing he does wrong & I am sick of it TBH!

Didn't KD win the scoring title? Isn't that reason enough to give the top scorer in the league the ball and the final shots when the game is on the line? I watch every game on ESPN & One. I get home from work and put it on right away, so I see everything. I didn't see anyone here saying Westbrook is the sole reason they lose. He's just a major one. Ball handler's get blamed. Guy's with attitude's who think they own the ball and the court, e.g. Monta Ellis a few year's ago, and like Russell at the moment, are going to get blamed.

If people want to get treated like a superstar and applauded for winning games, then they have to deal with getting the opposite. Same thing goes for fans of certain player's. No point getting angry over people bagging a player you like. I don't complain when people hate on Kobe. You win some you lose some. If he's got the game and the right mindset, maybe he'll help OKC somehow come back. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Didn't KD win the scoring title? Isn't that reason enough to give the top scorer in the league the ball and the final shots when the game is on the line? I watch every game on ESPN & One. I get home from work and put it on right away, so I see everything. I didn't see anyone here saying Westbrook is the sole reason they lose. He's just a major one. Ball handler's get blamed. Guy's with attitude's who think they own the ball and the court, e.g. Monta Ellis a few year's ago, and like Russell at the moment, are going to get blamed.

If people want to get treated like a superstar and applauded for winning games, then they have to deal with getting the opposite. Same thing goes for fans of certain player's. No point getting angry over people bagging a player you like. I don't complain when people hate on Kobe. You win some you lose some. If he's got the game and the right mindset, maybe he'll help OKC somehow come back. I just don't think it's going to happen.

I see what you're saying & agree with some of it but it just seems like he is the only one people seem to get on when they lose. KD took two bad threes (the 30fter to win the game & another bad three in OT) & people don't get on him about that & Russ gets nitpicked to death.

I don't have a problem with people getting on a player I like, but only if it's warranted... even I have said he has made a lot of mistakes & gets out of control, but I understand he's one pf the teams major scorers & has to be aggressive so I try & not nitpick everything that he does.

Just seems like it's hate Westbrook month whereas last month it was hate Rondo month! :lol:

This series it has become apparent, they have the wrong name - they should be called the Oklahoma City Chunder - they make me sick blowing so many 4th quarter leads!!

This series it has become apparent, they have the wrong name - they should be called the Oklahoma City Chunder - they make me sick blowing so many 4th quarter leads!!

Agreed! Time for Mavs vs Heat!

OKC needs a new leader, Durant cant play under pressure at all. If Westbrook doesn't feed him the ball he cant make his own shot.

Why cant people see this? Oh he is the scoring leader blah, he is, but what happened when it mattered the most? True leaders show up at the most important times and Durant was invisible. He kept crying all series about not getting the ball, when he does he shoots horrible shots.

Here is a neat stat, Durant dropped to 2 of 15 this season on potential game-winning or tying shots in the final 10 seconds.

OKC needs a new leader, Durant cant play under pressure at all. If Westbrook doesn't feed him the ball he cant make his own shot.

Why cant people see this? Oh he is the scoring leader blah, he is, but what happened when it mattered the most? True leaders show up at the most important times and Durant was invisible. He kept crying all series about not getting the ball, when he does he shoots horrible shots.

Here is a neat stat, Durant dropped to 2 of 15 this season on potential game-winning or tying shots in the final 10 seconds.

The guy is what, 22 or 23..? Give me a fkn break......

This team is extremely young and have a lot to learn..... People need to back the hell off of these guys and let them develop....

2 of 15 in game winners...? Sounds like a Kobe stat that was being thrown all around the place..... And look at Kobe's experience, accolades etc etc..... Give them some time to develop as players and as a team....

Ah yes, lets play the age excuse.

I honestly think OKC played better last year even though they didnt make it this far, they still played better. Pushed the Lakers (They should have won against the Lakers IMO, I remembered that lucky tip in by Gasol)

This year, they robbed Denver. Barely squeezed past Memphis, and well choked down the stretch against Dallas.

Ah yes, lets play the age excuse.

I honestly think OKC played better last year even though they didnt make it this far, they still played better. Pushed the Lakers (They should have won against the Lakers IMO, I remembered that lucky tip in by Gasol)

This year, they robbed Denver. Barely squeezed past Memphis, and well choked down the stretch against Dallas.

hardly an excuse. experience is vital. any all time great will tell you that...

OF course experience plays a huge part of it, but they played better last year

OF course experience plays a huge part of it, but they played better last year

the lack of consistancy is maybe part of poor experience?

Looking forward to it. Mav's out to avenge 2006.

I see what you're saying & agree with some of it but it just seems like he is the only one people seem to get on when they lose. KD took two bad threes (the 30fter to win the game & another bad three in OT) & people don't get on him about that & Russ gets nitpicked to death.

I don't have a problem with people getting on a player I like, but only if it's warranted... even I have said he has made a lot of mistakes & gets out of control, but I understand he's one pf the teams major scorers & has to be aggressive so I try & not nitpick everything that he does.

Just seems like it's hate Westbrook month whereas last month it was hate Rondo month! :lol:

Haha get gee'd up Brett!

I think at the end of the day the star is always blamed. So in this case it's going to be either Durant or Westbrook. But everyone LOVES Durant because he's such a nice guy, loyal to his team blah blah etc - so they overlook his mistakes.

Trust me, I know it. The same things happens in Miami. LeBron's mistakes are jumped on, Wade's are often overlooked because he's Mr. Nice Guy ;)

Unfortunately that's just how the cookie crumbles... (mmmmm cookies). :lol:

---------- Post added 26-05-2011 at 03:14 PM ----------

The guy is what, 22 or 23..? Give me a fkn break......

This team is extremely young and have a lot to learn..... People need to back the hell off of these guys and let them develop....

2 of 15 in game winners...? Sounds like a Kobe stat that was being thrown all around the place..... And look at Kobe's experience, accolades etc etc..... Give them some time to develop as players and as a team....

Of all the talk of age I'm not sold.

Criticism comes with the territory. Who cares what age you are? If you make it this far, on a big stage like this - you're going to hack criticism. If you don't want criticism, don't expect praise when you succeed.

The same argument is happening in the Heat-Bulls thread, where people are saying Rose shouldn't be criticized for underperforming because he's young. That's absolute bull. He's the MVP, criticism comes with the territory. Just as it does, and should for the Thunder making it to the Top 4.

Back
Top Bottom