Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Re: Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSI

When you say Dirk didn't do match in game 3, because we played great defense on him.....are you just talking about scoring? I watched the match and Dirk was doing a lot to make Dallas to win. He would get the ball in the post, OKC would double him and Dirk would find the open man for an open 3. And OKC's pick and roll defense on Dirk was terrible. Dirk would set the screen and no OKC player would put a body on Dirk, which gave him the open 3 or drive to the lane.

Nonetheless looking forward to game 4 tomorrow.

Re: Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSI

Dirk was definetly kept quiet on the scoring front but still did a lot to help his side.

When you say Dirk didn't do match in game 3, because we played great defense on him.....are you just talking about scoring? I watched the match and Dirk was doing a lot to make Dallas to win. He would get the ball in the post, OKC would double him and Dirk would find the open man for an open 3. And OKC's pick and roll defense on Dirk was terrible. Dirk would set the screen and no OKC player would put a body on Dirk, which gave him the open 3 or drive to the lane.

Nonetheless looking forward to game 4 tomorrow.

Yes... I'm talking about scoring. He did help his team out in other ways as you said, but he also had 7 turnovers, which is unlike him & I contribute that to our tenacity on him.

Dirk is human, just accept it lol

Yeah I was & he was the main reason why we had any chance of taking the game after being down 23. All we needed to do was hit a couple more of our threes & we coulda easily taken that game. Think we finished something like 1-17?

First half was hard to watch.. felt like turning it off early into the 2nd; KD had a terrible shooting game again & the bench really didn't do a whole lot apart from Collison.

I think we learned a lot in this game & we shouldn't have any problems taking the next game.

TERRIBLE decision making down the stretch when the game was close and didn't get enough players involved in the scoring.

In Game 2 what was he ranting on about for like 5 mins when on the bench? I seen it but I was at a club having lunch and the damn TV was on mute :lol:
Looked like he was unhappy about being benched

TERRIBLE decision making down the stretch when the game was close and didn't get enough players involved in the scoring.

In Game 2 what was he ranting on about for like 5 mins when on the bench? I seen it but I was at a club having lunch and the damn TV was on mute :lol:
Looked like he was unhappy about being benched

The only real bad decision down the stretch was when he made that 3pt attempt IMO..... but I get why he took it; they were coming back strong & he wanted to continue the run strong & knock down the big three..... looks good if it goes in, yes..... but looks very bad if he misses it. I do agree though he should have looked for a better opportunity.

As for his rant on the bench.... apparently the team was supposed to run a play & the other guys weren't running it..... so Westbrook decided to go one-on-one instead & then turned the ball over; after that he "got benched" & Brooks made a comment about to him about the play & then he apparently said something along the lines of "I was trying to run the play, tell them to run the f*cking play".

The only real bad decision down the stretch was when he made that 3pt attempt IMO..... but I get why he took it; they were coming back strong & he wanted to continue the run strong & knock down the big three..... looks good if it goes in, yes..... but looks very bad if he misses it. I do agree though he should have looked for a better opportunity.

As for his rant on the bench.... apparently the team was supposed to run a play & the other guys weren't running it..... so Westbrook decided to go one-on-one instead & then turned the ball over; after that he "got benched" & Brooks made a comment about to him about the play & then he apparently said something along the lines of "I was trying to run the play, tell them to run the f*cking play".

Ah ok, yeah I seen him and the camera like zoomed right in on him haha, i gotta learn lip reading, I thought he was saying something like "this mother****ing coach gonna bench ME? dayyyuuummmm boy, he gotta be trippin! we ain't gonna win wit me on da bench shiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttt" :lol: and then he didn't play the whole fourth? brutal

it's ridiculous, like in the Kobe incident, that the camera zooms right in on the televised broadcast then they give the players a fine! Don't zoom in for christ sake! that's just stupid.
Did he get a fine from it?

Haha naaaaa..... he didn't get any fines. Only reason Kobe got a fine was because he directed an insult at somebody, which happened to be a ref. :lol:

Give me a break....... not sure how we're "full of problems" exactly? Interesting how you jump on all the comments that have gone around about Westbrook lately & turn him into a problem. Westbrook is far from perfect & does get out of control a bit, but his positives far outweigh his negatives; he does have to try & get KD more involved at times yes, as there have been some stretches where KD doesn't seem to touch the ball much...... but that is also sometimes because of KD not being able to get himself open. Let's also not forget that it's Westbrook's job to take on a lot of the scoring role & be aggressive, so getting on him for attempting to do that is nonsensical.

Just wanting to state firstly. Me = Lakers fan. Ain't into Dallas. Would like a Bulls/OKC Finals series, but I just don't see OKC getting there sorry.

Problems? Perkins is not doing what we got traded to do. Westbrook? Drive it in. Don't shoot 1000 shots, because your not hitting close to enough of them. Russell. This is KD's team. He came from Seattle with it. Don't try and take it over like you suddenly own it. Every game I see OKC play, everyone seems to be playing together as a great team, but sometimes when I see RW with the ball, it seems like it's a 1 & 4 vs 5 game. He needs to calm down and pass the ball more, because when he does, they win.

Just wanting to state firstly. Me = Lakers fan. Ain't into Dallas. Would like a Bulls/OKC Finals series, but I just don't see OKC getting there sorry.

Problems? Perkins is not doing what we got traded to do. Westbrook? Drive it in. Don't shoot 1000 shots, because your not hitting close to enough of them. Russell. This is KD's team. He came from Seattle with it. Don't try and take it over like you suddenly own it. Every game I see OKC play, everyone seems to be playing together as a great team, but sometimes when I see RW with the ball, it seems like it's a 1 & 4 vs 5 game. He needs to calm down and pass the ball more, because when he does, they win.

I've already chimed in on Russell so I won't say anymore, however on Perk. In this series he is hurting us, true.... Chandler is far too quick for him & is schooling him & he isn't a major scorer anyway so we could start someone like Ibaka & Collison in the front court OR if we wanted to keep the bench depth we could start Mohamed (sp?). Last series Perk was good as he was banging with Gasol; this series, not so good.

Okc... That's what's up!

Dirk is unbelievable

---------- Post added 24-05-2011 at 01:46 PM ----------

Awesome defence by Collison and Thabo

Wow this could be catastrophic for OKC

---------- Post added 24-05-2011 at 01:49 PM ----------

Should have been more than .7 on the clock

Just checking the Box score how did OKC give up that lead :eek:

Dirk is ridiculous!

I give up on the Thunder. They just keep doing this to themselves and blowing leads. The thing that really gets me - before Durant "misses a 30-foot three-pointer from the right wing" with 1 second left, the last 3 Thunder shots had been put up by Westbrook (twice) and Sefolosha. Um... seriously? I know it's not a one-man team but all the talk has been about Westbrook taking too many shots, and in the last minute of a close game you don't even let KD take a shot one time out of three??

Back
Top Bottom