The road to season 2015

I have heard that melbourne will then give picks 3 and 12 to collingwood for beams as he has conceded he won't get to brisbane and staying at collingwood is the last of his options

I thought gold coast were interested?

I thought he wanted to be close to his ailing father. :cautious:

Apparently Jack Crisp has put his hand up as a piece that could be used in some 5-club deal that would get Beams to Brisbane. He's out of contract at the moment with a 2 year offer on the table, but would be happy to go to Victoria if it gets the deal done.

Day 15 (~171 days to go)

Yesterday, the only piece of trade news was Jack Crisp from Brisbane saying he is willing to be traded in order to allow the five-way trade to be completed. I think it's better for all clubs and players if this trade does go ahead. Apart from that not much!

As news slowly decreases after the trade period, I plan on doing some analysis on this season, and some predictions for next season. Stay tuned!

Hawthorn have put Ryan Schoenmakers on the trade table - he has been a perennial whipping boy at the Hawks for a long time and I think might be better suited at a club that can guarantee him regular senior footy. It might be a tough gig earning a spot in Hawthorn's defence in the near-future and I'd rather see Schoey playing seniors somewhere than languishing in the VFL. Hawks fans from the late 90's and early 00's would remember Mark "Heebie" Graham, who like Schoey tried his guts out but didn't have the physical strength to go with the bigger bodies.

Tom Boyd has requested a trade to the western bulldogs.
However GWS refuse to trade the former number 1 Draft pick under any circumstances
Huge news! This Trade Period just keeps getting interesting-er!
Hawthorn have put Ryan Schoenmakers on the trade table - he has been a perennial whipping boy at the Hawks for a long time and I think might be better suited at a club that can guarantee him regular senior footy. It might be a tough gig earning a spot in Hawthorn's defence in the near-future and I'd rather see Schoey playing seniors somewhere than languishing in the VFL. Hawks fans from the late 90's and early 00's would remember Mark "Heebie" Graham, who like Schoey tried his guts out but didn't have the physical strength to go with the bigger bodies.
Schoenmakers would be a good pick up for a club with a weaker defence. Has some experience and is a good player, and he's only being squeezed out due to the strength of the Hawks defence!

Huge news! This Trade Period just keeps getting interesting-er!

Schoenmakers would be a good pick up for a club with a weaker defence. Has some experience and is a good player, and he's only being squeezed out due to the strength of the Hawks defence!
The crows are looking at Schoenmakers and Kyle Cheney from the Hawks.

I wonder if GWS would take Ryan Griffen plus Draft pick/s for Tom Boyd?
At some stage if Boyd wants to leave he will.

Day 16 (~170 days to go)

This trade period just keeps better! Another giant (sorry) bombshell with Tom Boyd wanting out of GWS and hoping to land at the Bulldogs. This will be interesting with regards to Griffen and a potential trade involving both. It really could be a win-win for both clubs: Giants get some experience, Bulldogs a badly needed young key forward. Allen Christensen also officially joined the Lions; Brisbane could be a surprise finals contender next season I feel, especially if they do land Beams.

Jack Trengrove will officially not be leaving the Melbourne Football Club.

Also heard that Jonathan Giles is set to join Essendon for a third round pick.

Day 17 (~169 days to go)

The biggest news of yesterday was Jack Trengove failing his medical and so will now continue his career at Melbourne. This does not bode well for Trengove; it appears similar to the situation Geelong defender Matthew Egan was in a few years ago, who unfortunately had to retire due to injury. Michael Voss joined Port Adelaide as their midfield coach, a move most Port fans are very happy with. Giants ruckman Jonathan Giles requested a move to Essendon, who could do with a new backup ruckman if Ryder ends up being traded.

Woo hoo - the much-rumoured 5-way deal has been completed: Levi Greenwood from North Melbourne to Collingwood, Travis Varcoe from Geelong to Collingwood, Heritier Lumumba from Collingwood to Melbourne, Mitch Clark from Melbourne to Geelong and Dayne Beams from Collingwood to Brisbane.

Now THAT is a trade!! :)

Woo hoo - the much-rumoured 5-way deal has been completed: Levi Greenwood from North Melbourne to Collingwood, Travis Varcoe from Geelong to Collingwood, Heritier Lumumba from Collingwood to Melbourne, Mitch Clark from Melbourne to Geelong and Dayne Beams from Collingwood to Brisbane.

Now THAT is a trade!! :)
A win for everyone I reckon! Good that all the players could get to their new clubs, especially Beams.

Well, well, well - Peter Gordon from the Western Bulldogs would make a great politician with the lies he told last Friday. Ryan Griffen, who Gordon (putting his "legal" hat on) made a point of saying "is expected to honour his contract".....is now a GWS Giant. The Bulldogs receive Tom Boyd and pick 6 in exchange for Griffen.

Exactly why you would want to go to the Western Bulldogs I don't know.

Well, well, well - Peter Gordon from the Western Bulldogs would make a great politician with the lies he told last Friday. Ryan Griffen, who Gordon (putting his "legal" hat on) made a point of saying "is expected to honour his contract".....is now a GWS Giant. The Bulldogs receive Tom Boyd and pick 6 in exchange for Griffen.

Exactly why you would want to go to the Western Bulldogs I don't know.
I can think of 7 million reasons why boyd wanted to go to Bulldogs, same reason scully went to GWS without showing anything money is just too good to refuse

Day 18 (~168 days to go)

The climax of the trade period today, with a number of big trades taking place. Tom Boyd for Ryan Griffen and Pick 6. I think the Giants have done well out of this trade, while for the Bulldogs it's a case of risk vs reward: Boyd has a higher ceiling in terms of what he can offer to the Bulldogs, but as Aiden said if he is injured early in his contract, then they've had a big loss. Clark (Geelong), Lumumba (Melbourne), Beams (Brisbane), Greenwood (Collingwood) and Varcoe (Collingwood) all joined their new clubs. Dean Cox will stay at the Eagles as a ruck coach - I'm very happy about that, he will be a valuable tutor for Nic Nat, Lycett and Sinclair.

Patrick Ryder to Port Adelaide in exchange for picks 17 and 37. Adam Cooney to Essendon.

The poor bastard that puts together the "Fresh faces" cards for the Select Champions App currently undergoing therapy!! :)

Patrick Ryder to Port Adelaide in exchange for picks 17 and 37. Adam Cooney to Essendon.

The poor bastard that puts together the "Fresh faces" cards for the Select Champions App currently undergoing therapy!! :)
Select is laughing! More Fresh Faces means more digital packets to complete sets which means more coins needed which means more real packets needed which means more money for Select!

Back
Top Bottom