The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Re: The Official BOSTON CELTICS Season Thread

Rondo is on fire, 100% from the field and keeping the Celtics in this one. Dwight's besting Garnett..

Ray Ray must have gotten a bit warm towards the end of the game cos he was shooting horrible in the first half. Glad to see Rondo play a pretty decent game.

If my memory serves me correctly last time I looked Dwight had 7/10 Free Throws. So that means he got 3/10, which is pretty woeful.

Well the C's first loss - getting hammered but put up a hell of a fight and hung one on the buzzer to tie it up. Pierce sounds like he kept us in it. Allen has shot poorly lately but he is a shooting guard!!!

KG had a very ordinary 14-11 game off only 7-13 shooting - sounds like double teams for him to only take 13 shots but someone who saw might help out there.

Sounds like foul city!!! Orlando shot 44!!!!
Rondo had a fine game but as has been highlighted - too many turnovers.....someone kept Howard off the boards!!!

Personally I'm pretty pleased that they came back from 17 down at the half, away from home, against a team playing very well.

Well the C's first loss - getting hammered but put up a hell of a fight and hung one on the buzzer to tie it up. Pierce sounds like he kept us in it. Allen has shot poorly lately but he is a shooting guard!!!

KG had a very ordinary 14-11 game off only 7-13 shooting - sounds like double teams for him to only take 13 shots but someone who saw might help out there.

Sounds like foul city!!! Orlando shot 44!!!!
Rondo had a fine game but as has been highlighted - too many turnovers.....someone kept Howard off the boards!!!

Personally I'm pretty pleased that they came back from 17 down at the half, away from home, against a team playing very well.

yeah kg was in foul trouble most of the second half.

Pierce did keep boston in the game, Rondo also kept the celts in the game, he shot a very high fg%. i think he was 7/7 after the first half.

Allen has shot poorly lately but he is a shooting guard!!!

too many turnovers.

I agree with all of that except the Ray Ray comment. He has played HUGE minutes lately and I would expect that hurts his shooting to a degree.

Down by 17 at he half, playing poor ball and with foul trouble to especially KG and then on the road to come back against a highly rated team and nearly steal the win. :thumbsup: 2 point loss after playing like crud..

I'll get to watch it tomorrow and make a more clear assesment of it all.

The defensive set up is continually putting foul pressure on KG as I've said before. Whats worse? Perk fouling out or KG :eek:

8-1. I can live with that :D

Nice win, haven't actually seen anything there yet as I was getting some sleep in preparation for travelling all day long, lol.

Big game today! At Boston, The Truth, reporting live for Ozcards! I will be heading down to the stadium later into the day to get my tickets fom will call and hopefully be checking out the museum and other facilities the TD Banknorth Stadium has to offer. Will report post game on the game for the Celtics supporters and might even add my photos on a thread then too.

WOW! What a great experience, you can read about it in my other thread in the general section.

Game was great, we did lapse a little in the secon quarter, but were easily able to hang onto a solid lead throughout anyway. It helps with the quality we now have on court to be able to do that.
Pierce was awesome (which made me very happy!) knocking down quality 3's when they needed the boost. Perk had a big game, one of his best so far I thought. He was aggressive on offense and stayed away from foul trouble to boot. Lots of nice offense from the C's, a few mistakes, missed lay-ups, the 2nd half lapse on D etc, but all in all another quality game from them at home with another 10 plus point win. Kobe tried, missed a fair bit, Ray stayed with him well in the first on D, then TA gave him some stick later on. Vlad Rad got hot in the second.
Still waitingfor this all to sink in! lol. The analysis probably isn't too great for now :lol:

Check out my other thread for some more info and some pics!

10 and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like MY DALLAS COWBOYS... lol sorry I have to brag about something, cos everyone knows its not NBA...

back to Celtics though... they have been very impressive, with so much room for improvement... this is kind of scary for the rest of the league...

I cannot begin to fathom the atmosphere at the game today... a great experience for a Celtics fan to have I am glad you got the chance to go to the game :)

To simply put it we should be the shit teams. And LA are a shit team LOL

I wonder who is the future great big man.....Bynum or Perkins from what he showed tonight beating up on LA...

Bynum was surpisingly decent, seems he would be a quality defender with more training and is quick on his feet on offense. Would rather a hard worker like Perk any day though. Perk was doing it all right, finishing when there was contact, not overdoing the post D to the point of getting calls on him. Was quality to watch. Rondo is still knocking down the open shots too, he was wid open for a 3, so he dribbled in to his range and took the shot over Mihm (I'm sure it was) at one stage there. He's still taking the odd chance on defense though, which was giving the Lakers more offensive opportunities than they should have got. Can't wait to see a replay so I can try and find me in the crowd lol.

yeah fair enough on the Laker bum LOL I actually jumped on him earlier for my fantasy team and its paying off I would think.

Although no one was saying Perk is untradable and future star but ever team needs a Perk and I LOVE the way he is going about his ball this year. Hasn't put a foot wrong till he points it at a foul line but KG and co are always there encouraging him coz they see the hard work he has put into his game.

I'm happy for Rondo to do that for now but over the year or more he needs that outside shot. Even Magic and Jordan didn't have the 3 pointer as parts of their game early on in their career. Rondo taking shots over that white stiff shows how the offense moves and causes match up problems.

Even though we are NUMBER ONE in the NBA in defense! :-D

Tough game today but maybe made easier if Wallace doesn't play or is restricted. I'm interested to see how we respond today to back to back and on the road against a team on a losing streak and what should be an easy win. Its these games that test us more IMO.

Howard and other talls have beat up on the Bobcats so I wonder how last nights offensive explosion from Perk effects his game and if he can carry that on tonight with confidence from himself and teamates looking for him. No short list of guys willing to pass it on this team.

Lets get to LEEEEEGGGGSSSS 11!

YEEESSS!!!!

Well I've just followed the celts/bobcats game on the yahoo.com watching the 30 sec updates - getting more and more frustrated as Allen and Pierce threw up bricks while KG, who shot 10-15, took 1 shot (a dunk with 7 minutes left) the whole 4th quarter (I'll get back to this....)

Then with 16 secs left and down 2 - pierce misses and Felton rebounds with 4.5 left and is fouled - I'm thinking game over..... 30 secs later I see....pierce steals ball - Allen 27 ft 3 ptr assist pierce - game over!!!!!!! After cursing the last dozen or so plays by the celtics they go and pull off a stunner!!!! I love this team!!!

This is after this morning when I watched Man City via internet updates drawing 1-1 at home to Reading, after what seemed like 5 minutes of injury time, the last update says Stephen Ireland scores impressive 20 foot volley goal - 2-1 game over......

Don't u just love sport??

Back to the celtics - I'm presuming the bobcats played small ball as Perkins played 19 minutes and brezec 24 or something and Boston struggled. Now I'm calling this blind - I didn't see any of it but with KG shooting 55% for the year and 10-15 for the night u would think he'd be seeing more of the ball in the 4th quarter....I'm thinking he'd have been double teamed a lot, leading to him passing, looking for open shooters (Posey had a decent game) but I WISH sometimes he'd force it more. We shot 43% and KG had 10-15 so every one else was stinking it up - take it to the hole KG!!!!!

Awesome finish though and Props to Ray Allen who hat the winner after shooting 3-14!!!!

YEEESSS!!!!

Well I've just followed the celts/bobcats game on the yahoo.com watching the 30 sec updates - getting more and more frustrated as Allen and Pierce threw up bricks while KG, who shot 10-15, took 1 shot (a dunk with 7 minutes left) the whole 4th quarter (I'll get back to this....)

Then with 16 secs left and down 2 - pierce misses and Felton rebounds with 4.5 left and is fouled - I'm thinking game over..... 30 secs later I see....pierce steals ball - Allen 27 ft 3 ptr assist pierce - game over!!!!!!! After cursing the last dozen or so plays by the celtics they go and pull off a stunner!!!! I love this team!!!

This is after this morning when I watched Man City via internet updates drawing 1-1 at home to Reading, after what seemed like 5 minutes of injury time, the last update says Stephen Ireland scores impressive 20 foot volley goal - 2-1 game over......

Don't u just love sport??

Back to the celtics - I'm presuming the bobcats played small ball as Perkins played 19 minutes and brezec 24 or something and Boston struggled. Now I'm calling this blind - I didn't see any of it but with KG shooting 55% for the year and 10-15 for the night u would think he'd be seeing more of the ball in the 4th quarter....I'm thinking he'd have been double teamed a lot, leading to him passing, looking for open shooters (Posey had a decent game) but I WISH sometimes he'd force it more. We shot 43% and KG had 10-15 so every one else was stinking it up - take it to the hole KG!!!!!

Awesome finish though and Props to Ray Allen who hit the winner after shooting 3-14!!!!

wtf??? my post disappeared - must write too much crap!!!

A wins a win and the guys should be thankful for that. How is that for shooters confidence by Ray Ray! The old saying "shooters keep on shooting" reigns true.

And yeah we have not been as KG minded as we should but I'll tell you what I think when I get to watch this game in a day or so.

Great play by House at the end too by the sounds of it. AGAIN too many minutes for Ray Allen

I saw that trey on sportscenter it was amazing I thought this team has what it takes to win.... the ability to pull something special out of nowhere!

Back
Top Bottom