The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Re: The Official BOSTON CELTICS Season Thread

Lol, the Celtics have hurt my hip pocket in the past, they sure are paying me back now!
Boston have 3 in the top 11 in steals per game. KG, Rondo and Pierce.
Boston lead the league as a team in steals and steal differential :lol:
Boston still leading points differential, 16.33. Only other double figure team is the Spurs at 10.25.
Boston are 2nd in the league for most opponents turnovers, .25 of a turnover behind Utah. Also rank second in oponents fouls per game.

Here's the sports guys take on the east top 7.....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071114&sportCat=nba"]The Sports Guy: Top grade now goes to the C's - ESPN Page 2[/ame]

Wish I could be at the garden - terrified of KG!!!

That was a great read Al! Very funny and some great insight on the Eastern conference contenders.

Some of the hype is absurd though at the moment. ESPN is running a game by comparison with Bulls team that went 72 wins.

I love todays game match up wise. They are putting up the late history of these two teams but with the drastic change in ours it counts for next to nothing. NJ are worse than most think with only one of their games so far on the road. On the other hand we have 3 road wins to our name already.

First time we are 10+pt fav too.

7-0
What a team effort to come back in the second half and take this game away. Another not so good start, yet, you had that feeling when Pierce took the final shot of the half to go into halftime with a 2 point lead just listening to the radio coverage. Yet another takeover by the Celtics in the end. They finished strong tonight which was a great sign as they have been letting the opposition back into the game after getting an earlier lead.
Way to kill the Nets confidence Boston :lol:

SIX players in double digits with House out even. Thats what made me smile about today.

Keep it coming boys....

After last night's effort, it's very hard to say. The bench players are becoming more involved as they are needed. I mean, it was literally a take over in the second half. Just 4 turnovers, almost scored double New Jersey's points, defense was awesome. They hauled ass. I think that's the biggest thing Boston has going for them, they just don't quit the ball game, it's relentless for the opposition. Something that will help them battle the bigger teams to come.
TA must have some sort of confidence coming back. Post game interiew to his very decent performance was uplifting to hear, he sounded happy. Once TA has confidence, he can start to be a consistent helper on this team again.

Should beat Miami at home although wade is back - then Orlando away.....should be a great game....

As much as I like Orlando, I think Orlando will fall.. Other magic fans predicted they will lose to Celtics.. to be realistic, I think it's true.. Lewis is not close to his full fitness.. while Truth, Ray And KG always help each other.. the other day, Pierce had his awesome game s far.. while Allen wasn't hitting shots.. they carried each other and the team is very compact and collective.. House and Posey are best additions for Celtics this term.. (I mean, KG and Allen, they had to pay huge salary and big sacrifices for them).. Posey and House both have massive play-offs experiences and they both can shoot from outside and can defend very well... So impressive with them...

I am just hoping magic will not lose so bad like previous 7 teams, if i am not mistaken, Celtics are winning by 16-18ppg difference this season.. shooting over 50% and 6apg surplus to opponent teams..

Rondo has yet to spark this season and I am sure he will have some good games this season.. hopefully, not against Magic..

We lost 2 home games, to Pistons and Suns, all championship caliber teams.. and hosting Celtics in a couple of days.. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

As much as I like Orlando, I think Orlando will fall.. Other magic fans predicted they will lose to Celtics.. to be realistic, I think it's true.. Lewis is not close to his full fitness.. while Truth, Ray And KG always help each other.. the other day, Pierce had his awesome game s far.. while Allen wasn't hitting shots.. they carried each other and the team is very compact and collective.. House and Posey are best additions for Celtics this term.. (I mean, KG and Allen, they had to pay huge salary and big sacrifices for them).. Posey and House both have massive play-offs experiences and they both can shoot from outside and can defend very well... So impressive with them...

I am just hoping magic will not lose so bad like previous 7 teams, if i am not mistaken, Celtics are winning by 16-18ppg difference this season.. shooting over 50% and 6apg surplus to opponent teams..

Rondo has yet to spark this season and I am sure he will have some good games this season.. hopefully, not against Magic..

We lost 2 home games, to Pistons and Suns, all championship caliber teams.. and hosting Celtics in a couple of days.. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

[-X[-X[-X[-X:lol::lol:

[-X[-X[-X[-X:lol::lol:

Al,

hehe, i mean, in terms of money paid and performance on court.. most importantly "roles". they gotta to be happy with the money they make and roles they get.. This year, Celtics guys seem to know it's a privilege to play in NBA rather than trying to make money when contracts are almost expired.. Last year, I didn't even get to see many games of them and mostly they look defeated even before the game started.. Maybe that's the reason why they got rid of more than half the team..

of course KG and Allen are current all-stars and there's Pierce who is another inside-outside offensive threat to any team.. these 3 guys are literally biggest 3 combo in NBA...

But I am impressed with Posey and House after watching a few celtics games.
They are good..;)

Only if you judge him by the stat line and not him just doing his job :rolleyes:

Even then he is shooting close to 53% from the field so he is knocking down what he gets for the most part, setting up the O and taking or controlling a lot of the D by funnelling and trapping. I give him a BIG :thumbsup: at the moment and unless someone else drops he can't do a hell of a lot more.

Larry Bird always said DJ was the most important player on that Celts squad ;)

Also he is the only one I trust to bring the ball up. No stat or accolade for that and just look at his steals for the year! Where as our other guard options despite knocking down threes negate that with TO's and poor ball handling.

Celts will drop a game sometime, its enivitable. Just picking when this brain fade happens or the shots just dont fall is another thing. Docs minutes are probably the most influencing thing here. KG will have a great game next start after only 30 mins yesterday.

Well the Celtics have gone a long way in easing my concerns about this season; for starters, KG is playing like a rabid pit bull and more importantly, everybody is sacrificing their own stats and wants for the needs of the team.

Well done so far KG, PP34, Ray Ray, Ragin' Rajon Rondo, Perk, Posey and others, but as all those banners hanging from rafters (as well as KG's career) would indicate regular season wins dont mean anything with a ring.

Good Luck for the rest of the season

Rondo's whole demeaner is impressive for a second year guard. Nothing seems to phase him. It's exactly what is needed at that spot with this team. I said it in the beginning. A confident guy who thinks pass first/set-up the team first and is very strong defensively. You could only say the downer to Rondo is he needs to be more aggressive in his offense (when needed). At times, he doesn't finish the fast break decisively/assurtively and it costs him the basket.

The C's have the defence to potentially shut down Miami. Wade is an x-factor for this game (not x-fRactor :lol: ). He could potentially get some of the Celtics into foul trouble, but, coming off injury, he might not be looking for those opportunities at the moment.
Will also be interesting to see ho the C's handle the boards this game, especially with KG now rested. I'm sure Doc will make a point of keeping the Heat front line out of that box.

very close game but they got it. how good is the next game for the celtics, @ Orlando:)

Rondo's whole demeaner is impressive for a second year guard. Nothing seems to phase him. It's exactly what is needed at that spot with this team. I said it in the beginning. A confident guy who thinks pass first/set-up the team first and is very strong defensively. You could only say the downer to Rondo is he needs to be more aggressive in his offense (when needed). At times, he doesn't finish the fast break decisively/assurtively and it costs him the basket.

The C's have the defence to potentially shut down Miami. Wade is an x-factor for this game (not x-fRactor :lol: ). He could potentially get some of the Celtics into foul trouble, but, coming off injury, he might not be looking for those opportunities at the moment.
Will also be interesting to see ho the C's handle the boards this game, especially with KG now rested. I'm sure Doc will make a point of keeping the Heat front line out of that box.

That was a terrible joke...........:cry::cry:

Sounds like a tight one - was playing cricket all day - Pierce has a sore back I see...... still got the game winner though!!!!!

Going to sleep in the 4th with what should of been an easy buffer isn't great but great iso play to get PP to the hoop. Our FT's saved us by the looks of it.

Dwight is FAR from consistent so lets hope we hold him to one of his sub par games that are subsidised by his good ones to give him decent averages.

Hopefully House is better by the day and Allen's minutes can decrease a little.

Down by 20 in the 3rd, not looking good. Ray Allen seemsto be hurting us a little and they said Pierce would slow down the plays with too much dribbling. Rondo is hot as though, much needed tonight. We just need to get back to our mre normal offense, give the ball to Pierce to take the lane, or go to KG in the middle with House and Ray on the perimeter. Things are a bit screwed on offense at the moment. Seems we aren't getting calls yet again too.

Back
Top Bottom