The AUD is killing my NFL collection

dAvaro

OzCardTrader
Real Name
dAvo
eBay User
wallikay
I think I'm going to have to limit my collecting this year if the AUD keep going downhill.
@RedskinsFan & I are busting 2 boxes of 2015 Bowman on Saturday & having a massive trade day so we will post up pics on Sunday but that will be it for me until either the AUD improves or I can find some boxes in Australia for a reasonable price.

Yeah I agree. Hopefully we can get some trades going this season and that we have what each other want.
I'm looking for 2015 Packer Rookie Auto's plus Bortles Auto's if anyone has them.

It is hurting (although I am stubborn and keep trying to find reasonable price stuff). Benefit is I have a U.S. Postal address can use. Where did you lads pick up bowman out of curiousity?

I've certainly miss-timed my return to the hobby. A little saving grace is I buy with a mate from work - me NFL and he NBA - from dacardworld so we can at least split shipping costs, but am still going to have to restrict spending a fair bit, and become a little more choosey.

Yeah I agree. Hopefully we can get some trades going this season and that we have what each other want.
I'm looking for 2015 Packer Rookie Auto's plus Bortles Auto's if anyone has them.

Will keep you and packers in mind. One of the breakers I use does divisions. Not that the dollar allows me to buy in as much as I want lol

Yeah, the sinking Aussie really is curbing the spending. Gone are the good old days of a bunch of boxes every month or so I'm afraid. Breaks are still doable, but I'm getting double whammied there as the Rams are expensive this year because of Gurley. Still easier to justify $100 on a heap of spots than a box that might get me a handful of commons.

Sadly I can't see anything that will really turn it around either...unless China somehow gets out of the rut that it's in and starts paying top dollar for the stuff we keep digging out of the ground again...

Only good thing is the return you get on selling stuff into the US at the moment....

Agree on the breaks, got a great deal for the Ravens in a couple of certified case breaks. I do enjoy ripping packs tho lol

Can't agree more guys as I have been off work pretty much for the last 10 weeks I don't think I realised how much I had been spending.
I don't think being at home all day has really helped as I would normally buy in a break on weekends so I could get online and have a chat and watch the break.
So hopefully I can cover some of my spending in my Compo Claim LoL because The Aussie dollar being so shit has cost me far more than I realised so back to trading and selling a few for me too and maybe 1 break a week instead of 7-9 LoL
So I am a Cowboys Collector although this years rookies are hard to get I do have a few other smaller PCs
I also started a post recently for guys to post what teams or players they collect hopefully help each other out with a few nice cards for sale or trade

So I am a Cowboys Collector although this years rookies are hard to get I do have a few other smaller PCs
I also started a post recently for guys to post what teams or players they collect hopefully help each other out with a few nice cards for sale or trade

I have a 2014 Black Gold Cowboys mail day coming my way with various autos.
Will post pics when they arrive.

Only good thing is the return you get on selling stuff into the US at the moment....
Yeah I just shipped off a dozen of my mid range cards to my ebayer in the U.S to sell. Hey takes 30% but pays all fees and freight so combine that with the AUD it's a good deal.
Plus I get the benifit of the card being located in the U.S

I do prefer group breaks but every time Dan I have a trade day we have to bust some Wax at the same time. It just makes sense.
Any set collectors of Bowman 2015 give us a shout as all base is your for the price of post.

I will prob be chasing some rcs or base of some guys. Will wait to see what you guys hit

The conversion rate is the main factor for me also but I gotta say that so far I just haven't felt the need to buy any of this season's stuff yet. I only buy Panini but I don't like the look of anything so far.
Prestige is ordinary
Clear Vision pretty ugly cards and not many of them
Certified not too bad but not that good
Donruss is a dog's breakfast
Spectra too pricey and too gaudy
For now I'm just filling last year's sets and waiting for something decent. Could be a long wait.

I hope prizm is good (can't wait for it lol) . Prestige looks better than last years (not hard). I kinda hope their is a good insert set in donruss. I opened a box of baseball donruss and it is exactly a dog's breakfast (think there were 4-5 different sets in the box, autos not numbered, random parallels not numbered).

Contenders is pretty much always a sure bet and I got hooked on '14 Prizm so there's something to look forward to.
Rookies & Stars is the other one, Target exclusive this year. :(
Donruss inserts are obviously similar to last years's Elite but designs are terrible.

Back
Top Bottom