Team USA - Tourney of the America's

Ditto on that call Ev.

Melo and most of the other USA players have just been dunking madly in this tourney.
I don't think the other teams are expecting it, and WHAM, it's too late!

Bron did it against Mexico, looked like he was going for an easy layup, and instead stuffed with 2 hands.

I didnt realise we were talking about Olympics. In that case, I'd say Wade would be part of the roster. One which I'm sure won't work as well.

I mean Kobe and Wade play SG. Can't move Kobe to SF, and Lebron is there.

Can't move Wade to PG as Kidd is there.

Yeah, they'll have a few interestin dilemma's about their bench. From what I've read, the starters (Kidd, Kobe, LBJ, Melo & Dwighty) have booked their seats, and have Amare, Bosh, Wade & Redd. They'll pick another PG (from Billups, Paul, Williams & Hinrich), so there's 10. Effectively that leaves 2 positions open for either a 3rd PG, another 3pt shooter (Mike Miller, Joe Johnson) or another big (whether they go for a jump shooting big or a solid, defensive big would be the question).

Looks like a small 5 to start aye. They start big, but don't get much bigger, with Dwigh 6-10. (he's 6-10 isnt he??)

Still, I can't see them having any problems at the olympics.

Yeah, they don't have a large line-up, but they are very athletic. And with Bosh, Amare & Dwighty all very similar heights (6-10 to 7-0) & styles, they may well pick Chandler & Collison as different looks.

And I still wouldn't give them the gold. Sure, the play has improved, but they still struggle in some of the basics, like jump-shooting & defence.

A lot of counties have improved since the Original Dream Team, but they will should at least be very competitive. Remember, if they have an off-night, then they are beatable, as the gap the original Dream Team had over the rest of the world, they could afford a quiet night.

Yeah, they'll have a few interestin dilemma's about their bench. From what I've read, the starters (Kidd, Kobe, LBJ, Melo & Dwighty) have booked their seats, and have Amare, Bosh, Wade & Redd. They'll pick another PG (from Billups, Paul, Williams & Hinrich), so there's 10. Effectively that leaves 2 positions open for either a 3rd PG, another 3pt shooter (Mike Miller, Joe Johnson) or another big (whether they go for a jump shooting big or a solid, defensive big would be the question).

Dominance has returned to USA. Sure it was only one tournament, but they know what they need to accomplish, and seeing Kobe, Lebron and Melo all out there playing unselfishly with a common goal, seperates them from any other team.

Talent wise we know no other team can beat them, and as long as they play together, with a common goal to reach, they'll win. They just need to never slacken off on defense, because perimeter shooting was no problem in this tournament.

If your gonna take Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Dwight and Kidd as well as Wade, Bosh, Amare and Redd, I'd add Chauncey Billups or Chris Paul to that lineup, grab Tyson Chandler and then either Tayshaun or JJ (depending on whether you want versatility or firepower).

Billips\Prince\Kobe\Redd.....these guys were the missing links...especially with Pince and Redd...gives them 2 very skilled left handed players.....if they put Bosh on this team for 2008 thats 3 left handed players....pretty good

Billips\Prince\Kobe\Redd.....these guys were the missing links...especially with Pince and Redd...gives them 2 very skilled left handed players.....if they put Bosh on this team for 2008 thats 3 left handed players....pretty good

agreed people often forget about this.

while NBA and world-class players are great going both ways, there's definately an advantage in having a elite lefty on the team, especially when your running plays designed for dynamic scorers who can only go one way or you need a bucket on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom