Tap 'N' Play CA & BBL 2015/16 Official Thread.

Attached is an Excel version of the checklist, including the alignments to the specific BBL teams, for people who are collecting specific team sets. Happy to stand corrected for any errors.

Have also included the twitter handle for @TheMGCSeagull (credit where credit is due :)) although the bird has been somewhat quiet of late in his/her updates. Maybe will see some more posting during BBL|05.:lol:

This is shaping up to be a very good release just for the base set alone. Nice to see the Scorchers featuring heavily in the 'Best of the Bash' inserts.

@Matt26 - any details as to whether the silver and gold parallel sets will be the same as last years - i.e. same image as the base set with either a silver or gold trim/border - or is there something different planned for this year? Also any special features to align with TnP's focus on mobile technologies - or is that still a while off?

Attachments

• TnP_Cricket_MasterChecklist_2015_16 (1).xls
    82 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
@Matt26 - any details as to whether the silver and gold parallel sets will be the same as last years - i.e. same image as the base set with either a silver or gold trim/border - or is there something different planned for this year? Also any special features to align with TnP's focus on mobile technologies - or is that still a while off?

Parallels are the same as last year.

I have been sworn to secrecy but yes, a couple of things are in the works for release this year based on technology.....which sound very exciting.

I have been sworn to secrecy but yes, a couple of things are in the works for release this year based on technology.....which sound very exciting.

Exciting news!! :woot: ...maybe something technology based that allows us to control those computer animated fielding players used by the channel 10 commentary team?? :rofl:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Does anyone have a parallel preview And could the technology based thning be like select and have a digital collection or your iPhone or android?

My guess would be something like a QR code or webpage link to the player in action (bowling or batting) or even coaching tips by the player/s? Only basing this on things card companies have done in the past in the American market.

My guess would be something like a QR code or webpage link to the player in action (bowling or batting) or even coaching tips by the player/s? Only basing this on things card companies have done in the past in the American market.

You might be to the mark - the following is on the TnP website under the heading "What is Tap n Play?' in relation to the upcoming A-league/FFA release:

"The first series of FFA Trading cards are just the start of an exciting new era of sports cards. Commencing in late 2015 Tap’n’play technology will release a special range of interactive video Trading Cards for use with mobile phone and tablet technology. These cards will enable traders to bump and swap cards in online collections and link to numerous competitions, your favourite players, FFA information and video links.
Our developers are working now to develop an exciting interactive experience for Tap’n’play customers and traders that will be a wonderful compliment to our collectors range."

Although the 'online collection' reference does suggest something like a Select app with digital cards as @aflcards2015 has suggested, but the reference to releasing a special range of these cards might mean they don't form part of the normal release.

Intriguing.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

You might be to the mark - the following is on the TnP website under the heading "What is Tap n Play?' in relation to the upcoming A-league/FFA release:

"The first series of FFA Trading cards are just the start of an exciting new era of sports cards. Commencing in late 2015 Tap’n’play technology will release a special range of interactive video Trading Cards for use with mobile phone and tablet technology. These cards will enable traders to bump and swap cards in online collections and link to numerous competitions, your favourite players, FFA information and video links.
Our developers are working now to develop an exciting interactive experience for Tap’n’play customers and traders that will be a wonderful compliment to our collectors range."

Although the 'online collection' reference does suggest something like a Select app with digital cards as @aflcards2015 has suggested, but the reference to releasing a special range of these cards might mean they don't form part of the normal release.

Intriguing.....

image.jpg

Ahh like the Topps Kick Cards. I guess the collectors will be all over this lol

I think you will finally see some of this technology put to use over the Summer of Cricket.

I will say that in all i've heard about the A-League, nothing has been technology related as far as im aware.

great stuff looking forward to some new cricket cards. We are glad Jono Dean has a card this year nath plays with him at the creek. Thunder should sign up his brother again too he has been killing it here. He Blake had a go at the thunder a few years back but played only one game and got belted from memory

Back
Top Bottom