Tap 'N' Play CA & BBL 2015/16 Official Thread.

The price won't change.

Correct.

I had a good chat with Neil at Tap N Play yesterday afternoon and he said that the stock used for the cards wasn't 100% up to scratch and the gloss to finish the cards had a reaction to the stock and the product has come out at a standard that isn't acceptable. After they did an quality control check they decided to stop and re-evaluate their options.

Since then they have chosen another printer still Australian based and have started reprinting.

This only affects the base cards and inserts as the signature cards, match jersey card etc were already completed and having seen these in hand, the quality is pretty good.

Personally, id rather wait an extra couple of weeks and have a quality finished product, then to have them rush out a poor finished product.

Cheers
Matt

Personally, id rather wait an extra couple of weeks and have a quality finished product, then to have them rush out a poor finished product.

Agree with you Matt. It is disappointing but it is good that Neil has identified the quality issues early and is taking corrective steps.

TnP are not having an easy run at the moment, with the delays to the FFA/HAL release through no fault of theirs, and now this.

A delayed release is always better than no release :)

I think this is positive. It shows a high level of transparency into the overall operation. This in turn builds credibility and confidence in the product which are only good things for the hobby.

I was also looking forward to grabbing them on the release date but these things happen.

For this QLD based collectors chasing IP autos have you thought about TTM?

Yeah i was talking to Wookie the same thing about sending cards to the clubs and its really hit and miss if you get your cards back.

Last edited:
Little bit disappointing but as others have said, I would rather wait a few weeks for a quality product. It's good to see them letting collectors know what's going on.

Agree that tap n play is quickly building legitimate credibility that select and esp could only dream of.
Much better to wait for a quality product than to waste time and $$ opening packs with defective cards

Agree would much prefer to wait for a quality product then to wait for a defective product in saying that I hope it's only like a week or something

as long as the final product is good then I'm happy to wait, as long as we're not waiting until Janurary like last year

I think this is positive. It shows a high level of transparency into the overall operation. This in turn builds credibility and confidence in the product which are only good things for the hobby.

I was also looking forward to grabbing them on the release date but these things happen.

Other reason its not good to send cards in to get signed i forgot is they sign them To Michael signature and sometimes best wishes i just want it signed not a love letter

does anyone know if the technology part of the et is reaslead tomorrow or on the same realease date as the cards are also is it 16th of nov or earlier

From Tap n Play's Facebook page, a couple of hours ago :)

"THANKS... to all our distributors and customers that have been patient with the delayed release of the Cricket Series.
We are aiming to be shipping orders to our distributors and any direct sales in the week starting the 16th Nov. Network Services will distribute to (1600) NEWSAGENTS, (600) 7/11 Stores and (300)Coles Express Petrol Stations that same week - they are expected to be on sale across Australia in all those locations on Nov 23rd.
PICTURES OF THE NEW FFA AND CA/BBL Albums are attached… I hope you enjoy the new set as there are some great designs and wonderful signature cards to chase."

image.jpeg

For what its worth, there may be some more cricket cards being released over the coming few months (especially with a technology aspect).

Even heard rumblings of patch card featuring a legendary player...... ;)

Cheers
Matt

Looks nice, can't wait for the release for both codes.

At the end of the day I would rather have a delay than a low quality release, kudos to TNP for thinking about us collectors rather than pushing out any type of low quality product =D>.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom