State of the Hobby

I don’t think they care - How much money would you need to have, or lack of care for people in the hobby to not even give a courtesy yes or no reply to a $7000 trade proposal? I know I’d at least say yes, no, counter. 🙄
It's the former I suspect. They have little to no competition in Australia and would've made a fortune in the last 5 years. Their prices for singles are ridiculous and are between 2X and 10X comps. Clearly they have no pressure to sell.

It's the former I suspect. They have little to no competition in Australia and would've made a fortune in the last 5 years. Their prices for singles are ridiculous and are between 2X and 10X comps. Clearly they have no pressure to sell.

I'm glad someone has said the above. I remember being directed toward these guys when I first started visiting these forums.

I was blown away by their singles pricing, which was insane even for pandemic pricing.

I couldn't believe they sold anything. Turns out three years later they still have 90%+ of the singles I looked at.

I have always assumed most of the singles are being sold on consignment on behalf of customers who are setting the crazy prices. (But are likely wrong.)

I'm glad someone has said the above. I remember being directed toward these guys when I first started visiting these forums.

I was blown away by their singles pricing, which was insane even for pandemic pricing.

I couldn't believe they sold anything. Turns out three years later they still have 90%+ of the singles I looked at.

I have always assumed most of the singles are being sold on consignment on behalf of customers who are setting the crazy prices. (But are likely wrong.)

I don't think it's this. I think it's a time efficiency thing. They don't have time to be pricing/repricing all the time so they set their price really high to factor in any unforeseen market increases and then generally accept offers at a 20-30% discount (still overpriced).

I did notice they recently did go through a repricing on ebay on a whole bunch of cards that were listed in the last 3 years or so recently to clear out some of these.

It's annoying but I imagine their breaking/repacks profit enough that they can afford to operate this way in the singles market. Be interesting to see how things change going forward if the market continues to tank.

Details plz. This sounds juicy. Sweet and juicy

not that juicy - I offered a big trade, my 1 card for 8 KG cards I wanted. Researched all, put down fair prices - asked for thoughts/counter - emailed 4 people in their staff and the lady customer service on the site said she would pass on info. No response for a month, followed up. No response since. Piss poor.

They sell singles all the time. The demographic around the shop probably helps

yeah I see heaps disappear from eBay listings I’m watching all the time. Some cards are priced pretty close to fair market, they’re the ones that regularly sell, and then ones with a huge way over just sit there waiting for premium offers cause it’s a more rare card.

not that juicy - I offered a big trade, my 1 card for 8 KG cards I wanted. Researched all, put down fair prices - asked for thoughts/counter - emailed 4 people in their staff and the lady customer service on the site said she would pass on info. No response for a month, followed up. No response since. Piss poor.
Ah customer service. Yeah they are a bit slow. It's pretty much a 1 man band for sport cards

If they spent less time interviewing themselves and answering their own questions for social media and more time serving customers I could only see this as a good thing.

Sadly not the bloke who would be doing the trading in this situation. The Tassie arm are in their own little world

If they spent less time interviewing themselves and answering their own questions for social media and more time serving customers I could only see this as a good thing.

emailed customer service, Josh, Dale and Grayson and messaged CS online through my account sign in. crickets.

too small time i guess

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

emailed customer service, Josh, Dale and Grayson and messaged CS online through my account sign in. crickets.

too small time i guess

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Maybe you needed to dress up as some cosplay/artistic/homeless looking type person and submit the trade offer to them in a hostage style video via Facebook/Youtube?

Make sure you scratch your face/hair/dandruff/pimples (if any) in-between handling the card(s) as that's always a good look!

I mean you may only get back an offer from them of half a box of Topps NBL for your $7000 card but at least you might get a response!

Maybe you needed to dress up as some cosplay/artistic/homeless looking type person and submit the trade offer to them in a hostage style video via Facebook/Youtube?

Make sure you scratch your face/hair/dandruff/pimples (if any) in-between handling the card(s) as that's always a good look!

I mean you may only get back an offer from them of half a box of Topps NBL for your $7000 card but at least you might get a response!
LOL!

Their break handling of cards is truly horrid...but how else you going to smash through 40 breaks a night?

Back
Top Bottom