Baseball Something a bit different

Beckster24

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Beck
eBay User
rebeccaw1027
Had these custom cards made up, reckon they look pretty good, some need resizing though as the image is a bit squishy

Be an awesome money saver designing your own cards, getting them printed etc probably would cost a bit though, depending on how far you wanted to go quality and final print

Adam Blackley.jpg

Brad Harman.jpg

Chris Snelling.jpg

Justin Huber.jpg

Justin Huber 2.jpg

Paul Rutgers.jpg

Peter Moylan.jpg

Peter Moylan 2.jpg

Phil Stockman.jpg

Rich Thompson.jpg

Ryan Rowland-Smith.jpg

Travis Blackley.jpg

They look great.
Who did them for you?

Looks like a Photoshop genius did them.

Try getting them signed and give a spare copy to the players.

All credit goes to a member on sports card forum, they are a genius only takes them 10 mins to do.

I'm sure the players would love a copy of them also, might try and see if i can get them signed

I reckon we get the person to modify the template to make them a custom set for the Oztrader group and get a set of a dozen or so copies of each printed up! Get a quote on how much, and if it's reasonable, get them made. Split the cost between those on the forum who'd like a set.

I personally would like to see a whole set dedicated to Aussie MLBers. (...poor old Joe Quinn might be able to even get another Baseball card!)

It would be cool to be able to make some cards for Aussies in other sports who never did get a card either. :woot:

Interesting quick search:

SportsCardOnline.com - Trading Card Template, Custom Sports Card, Custom Trading Card Can upload your own Photoshop template for a set and then the card details. Commercial printing press, full colour, gloss laminate quality cards.

SitePrint.com - Custom Trading Card Which is what the above site uses has more details for ordering.

Have to order sets in multiples of 15 cards.

6 sets of 30 cards would equal $102.42 plus shipping

10 sets of 15 cards would equal $85.35 plus shipping.

10 sets of 30 cards would equal $132 plus shipping.

Depending on shipping options , the above are all around $17-$30.

Artwork specifications here if we want to take this further.

Do you think the designer would be willing to accept a set or two of his artwork turned into real cards as payment? :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I would have to ask them they have designed a lot of cards for other members, they only use them for their own personal use, don't think they are out to make money on them or anything

There's actually a whole bunch of copyright issues about selling them, so you wouldn't actually make any to sell. I was just thinking of making up a small number of sets for those interested to have a copy, plus a set for the artist as a thank you, and for them to be able to show off their talent.

It was just a thought :)

Thats cool I get what you meant now. I realise the copyright etc, I reckon its an awesome idea. I'd have a go myself doing it but don't have the time or that much in depth knowledge of what photoshop can do

Had some more cards done, these have to be my faves, had to show them off

Have asked the guy to design some of all the players who have made it to Majors, he offered to but due to his busy schedule he can't make anymore

Think I ticked off a lot of the other members on this forum as I kept asking for particular players etc they said I should start offering the guy $ for doing these, but he didn't actually say he would accept money for them to be done.

I'm really happy with these, thought about having a go myself but I don't think I would be able to do as good as these ones.

jh2.jpg

jh3.jpg

pm3.jpg

pr2.jpg

Some more think these might be the last for now, don't want to get keep bothering the guy making requests, unless can find some really good photos, would like to get a set of all the Aus players who have made it to the big leagues

As for the effect thats used on the card, i thought it was a filter, its not, can find how to do it on youtube its called Dragon Effect

Asked if i can have a higher res versions of these but not possible the guy deletes them after he uploads them to his photobuckett

adpcopy.jpg

dn.jpg

pb.jpg

pr4.jpg

tb1.jpg

td.jpg

Lastly another one of Peter Moylan, the guy used a different technique this time not sure I like it, much prefer the style he uses for the other ones he has done for me, still he wouldn't give away any secrets how he manages to make the pictures look like drawings/paintings

pm4norm.jpg

pm4new.jpg

Can you share with us a few more details about the set you got printed up?How many different card designs did you end up getting printed up - every single one, or just a selection?
Did you get a card back made up at all, or are they just the card fronts with a blank back?
How good was the guilllotining - all a perfect 3.5 x 2.5?

I managed to get two cards of my design made up from the US websites as a trial - cards only cost $2.50 each, but postage is pretty much a flat $15-17 regardles sof how big a quantity you order. My cards came out OK, but I need to adjust the colours and text a little, which was the exact thing I was wanting to trial before sending in a whole bunch of designs to be printed up.

I did the set up myself, and just got the local printing shop to print them out on the thickest card they had. I cut them out myself.

I didn't get backs made, was too hard to match both sides up etc. I used Adobe Illustrator to do the layout and sent through a pdf of the file to the print shop.

All up it only cost me $12 that included postage. there was only 5 pages, fitted 9 cards to a page. The colours were perfect exactly the same as the file

Back
Top Bottom