Signature cards

thenamesgould

OzCardTrader
Real Name
James Gould
Has anyone on here ever had this experience? I bought an Adam Woolnough future force off ebay a week or so ago because my original one has a bit of a lame looking signature, and it had a scratch through the sig as well. So I bought this one as it was a much nicer sig, and had no scratches.

Card arrives yesterday, it's a totally different one from the photo on the auction! Uglier looking sig than the one I already had, and also has a scratch through the sig!

What would you do? I'd have never have bought it in the first place if this was the one that was actually pictured in the auction. Probably seems picky though?

It doesn't seem picky. I would contact the seller asking for the card in the photo and if you don't have a resolution there lodge a dispute with Paypal as the item in the photograph should be the one that you receive. That has happened to me and the Sellers have offered to replace it or refund it because they know that they would have a problem if a dispute was raised.

I have had this many times, especially with IP signatures. Just recently I bought an Ian Walsh centenary IP with a beautiful sig and a dog eared rubbish one arrived in its place. Also bought a 2012 Ltd Pearce jersey sig that had a picture of a two-coloured jersey and a one colour jersey arrived.

If they have not described that it is not the card pictured then you can demand money back/replacement for sure. Item not as described covers that.

Definitely dispute the transaction. You are bidding/buying/paying for the card you see in the auction. Advise the seller it is not the card depicted in the photograph & you want the card you see & bought. That's just being dodgy sending you a crappy card... All the best..

Agreed, refund "item not as described" it's not picky you bought on false advertising.

Knowingly using pictures of a superior card to increase sales price or likelihood of a sale and then substituting for an inferior card is a dog act......if you think it was a deliberate ploy then name and shame I say.

Ross

Meant to mention this ... in the end he sent me a scan of about five or six other versions of the same card and sent the replacement I chose over. I was happy to spend a couple of dollars sending the one I originally received back. Very happy with how it was all resolved. :)

However, I will be more careful before buying sig cards in future, especially ones with a big print run!

The seller is probably trying it on to get rid of an average sig and you called on it so he sorted the problem out. How many people would just accept the card? Plus the angst wondering if you would get it replaced and having to post the other one back, presumably at your expense. Bit of a low act. It's not like he wouldn't have known the card wasn't as good as the card pictured.

In saying that I would have been more than happy as well to get it replaced.

The seller is probably trying it on to get rid of an average sig and you called on it so he sorted the problem out. How many people would just accept the card? Plus the angst wondering if you would get it replaced and having to post the other one back, presumably at your expense. Bit of a low act. It's not like he wouldn't have known the card wasn't as good as the card pictured.

In saying that I would have been more than happy as well to get it replaced.

I don't necessarily agree that it would of been deliberate (it might have been and if so your right its low) but i reckon alot of people are lazy out there and don't scan each card each time if they have lots they just scan one. Obviously this is more important with sigs then an unsigned card but sounds like you got a pretty good outcome in the end.

Back
Top Bottom