Sick of this Shit!

scottsophie said:
Are you serious, it shouldnt matter what card it is. It should be sent in a top loader, Im sorry to hear about the card KG.

While I myself never sent cards that are not in toploaders, I don't have a problem with common cards sent which are between cardboard. AS LONG AS THEYRE PROPERLY PACKED and get to me undamaged.

Some people here would not have toploaders like you guys. And they're not that easy to get if you don't have paypal and limited knowledge/connections in the hobby. I had 0 extra toploaders and around 100 cards to sell before. How in the world was I supposed to send what I sell? Now, I have like 30 extra toploaders and 100+ cards to get rid off. There are other ways to send cards outside toploaders.

So as long as the cards get to you undamaged, and if they're not that high end, then let it go. At least now you know not to deal with that particular seller.

kidd05 said:
While I myself never sent cards that are not in toploaders, I don't have a problem with common cards sent which are between cardboard. AS LONG AS THEYRE PROPERLY PACKED and get to me undamaged.

Some people here would not have toploaders like you guys. And they're not that easy to get if you don't have paypal and limited knowledge/connections in the hobby. I had 0 extra toploaders and around 100 cards to sell before. How in the world was I supposed to send what I sell? Now, I have like 30 extra toploaders and 100+ cards to get rid off. There are other ways to send cards outside toploaders.

So as long as the cards get to you undamaged, and if they're not that high end, then let it go. At least now you know not to deal with that particular seller.
Just dont come crying to the boards if your cards get damaged. If you have 100 or so cards to sell put them in a plastic case that sell on aussie ebay for bugger all, you can fit up to 100 in them. I just dont think its right.
I know we all make mistakes and im also guilty of that so im all for the sticky.

Im not talking about a 100 card lot Scott.. if you had 100 low end inserts.. would you seriously put 1 each on a toploader?

If you sold 10 cards to someone.. would you have 10 different toploaders per card? Of course not, you'd put some BETWEEN the toploaders.. which is pretty much the same as putting it between hard cardboard.

My point is, you cannot demand people to pack things how you want it packed. The best thing to do is ASK first how theyre gonna ship it. If you don't agree to his terms, then don't buy.

In the words of Rex Navarette: PACK THAT SH*T! lol.

Sorry Carlos but you are way off. The terms don't say toploader at all cost. It says to pack responsibly. I dont care if you pack your cards in between cardboard as long as they arrive in the same condition that you sent them out in. AND surely people here have at least a few toploaders that they can use should a card deem the use of one. I've sent high end stuff in screwdowns before because the $3 loss is much easier than the damage that may occur to the card otherwise.

If you trade that much you should really fork out the $8 for a pack of 25 toploaders from an OZ seller or NW supplies sells them for $1.25US a pack plus shipping of course.

And you have a right to demand the card be protected well. There is constant bitching about eBay sellers doing the wrong thing. Why should we amongst friends accept the same?

Its all a mute point as the level of awareness is increasing in such matters due to these posts and I hope less members have to deal with cards they really wanted ruined.

Chad, im the same way. In a trade with a member where I sent a nice Dual Auto, I even went to the lengths of putting it into a Magnetic one touch as I wanted the card to stay pristine and reach the person in great condition!

kidd05 said:
If you sold 10 cards to someone.. would you have 10 different toploaders per card? Of course not, you'd put some BETWEEN the toploaders.. which is pretty much the same as putting it between hard cardboard.
I put each in top loaders and if its above 10 i put in case.

Well... for those interested, I have 10ct packs of toploaders available at $3ea. Postage would be $5 for upto 5 packs. In other words I can do 50 toploaders for $20 DLVD anytime - which means no excuses for not having any kiddo. Don't be afraid to ask me for anything, as I have access to a lot of shop stock and just may have what you need ;) eg 100ct penny sleeves($3 a pack) and 9 pocket pages(50 cents ea) too - discount for bulk/box buys. I'll happily do any orders of $15 or more for accessories - it makes it worthwhile due to postage for both.

"You want more?" :lol:

Don't forget I have access to shop packs at fair retail prices. We have new stuff coming regularly. 6 packs can mail for $2.00. Otherwise Proto will get all the mojo #-o This guy pulls GU from single packs every other week. :D :lol:

i think, fair to say all cards should be packed properly, MR KG, can you please PM me who this person is, and i shall have a word to them. Things like this shouldn't happen. FULL STOP.

If sent by envelope, cards should always be heavily protected or in toploaders easy as that. But as i said KG message me the member and ill have a quiet yarn to them.

If the toploader is worth more than the card, I don't think its that much of a problem.

I mean, for a person wanting a common to complete a set or something, sending in an envelope is something I'd do. However, if the card is worth a couple of bucks or greater, then you should package accordingly

And what happens when the card(s) are damaged? Then what? Sending a card without a toploader is the worst way you could send a card.

I don't care if the card is valued at 10c. If you say you're going to send in a toploader I expect to recieve it in a toploader.

I once sold 140 cards on another forum and I sent EVERY single one in a toploader. Stupid you might say?? (Cost me $15 to post it) But the buyer was so thrilled to recieve them the way he did, he deposited $20 into my account as a thank you.

And toploaders are dead easy to get. No Paypal?? There's plenty of OZ ebay sellers who will gladly take a DD or Money Order. Better still grab some off justdabestcards :) Point is, they are cheap and easy to a hold of.

Worst thing about this situation......is you and the trader had an AGREEMENT. In this hobby, your word is everything. I had a dude here in the US, agree to send same time, with delivery confirmation for atrade of $175. Dude sent late, no delivery confirmation (cause it cost extra), and in a normal white envelope. And to top it off, one of the cards had some major factory creases. When I spoke to the guy he was like, factory creases are a part of life, sorry. If you want to be taken seriously in the hobby, you have to go the extra mile.

Top loaders alone really isnt enough.......its the bare minimum. Ive been behind the scenes at postal services, and man your packages........regardless what is in them cop a beating. I think for cards of note its good to put them bewtween two pieces of cardboard aswell as the toploader/hardcase. I had a Uncirculated Pristine jersey arrive the other day rooted.......with the case cracked in half...........so even protection needs some protection. Use those dummy card they insert in packs to strengthen the toploaders. Bottom line is you are relying on others to care for something they dont even know what it is. Even when it says Fragile or DO NOT BEND.....you have to realise some people dont give a rats arse and will still bend a package to fit it in a mailbox. Your trading name and reputation depends on careful packaging........might cost you a little extra money and time......but atleast you will always have people who want to trade with you. Take shortcuts, and the only person who will want to trade with you is your little brother!!!

Mr Kevin Garnett said:
And what happens when the card(s) are damaged? Then what? Sending a card without a toploader is the worst way you could send a card.

I don't care if the card is valued at 10c. If you say you're going to send in a toploader I expect to recieve it in a toploader.

And if I didn't say I would?

My only trades here have been one-way, me sending someone a card because they needed it. If they had the audacity to complain about packaging after receiving something for nothing, then I'd reserve the right to be pissed off as well. I know that's not the case in the original post, but that is my experience here to date.

Of course, as I stated, if the card was of worth, I would package it accordingly. A ten-cent common... most collectors wouldn't give a crap about it anyway, really, would they?

HBM said:
And if I didn't say I would?

My only trades here have been one-way, me sending someone a card because they needed it. If they had the audacity to complain about packaging after receiving something for nothing, then I'd reserve the right to be pissed off as well. I know that's not the case in the original post, but that is my experience here to date.

Of course, as I stated, if the card was of worth, I would package it accordingly. A ten-cent common... most collectors wouldn't give a crap about it anyway, really, would they?

you might be surprised how many would care

Mr Kevin Garnett said:
I would if it were going into my PC. Who would want a creased card in their cabinet?

You place commons on display? Seriously, I don't know of anyone who does that. GU stuff, autos, serial #'ed I've heard of, but not really ever someone who would have commons on display.

I have only four cards displayed at all in my home (plus a framed set of the LOTR Topps auto editions). The others are in cupboards, packed away nicely.

You got a pic of your display?

Back on topic, I see your point if the card was worth worrying about, but for something not that hard to track down, obviously the reaction would be downscaled accordingly? You wouldn't hit the roof if... say... a Chris Gattling 94-95 Hoops card arrived and had been creased, would you? Sure, you'd contact the seller or other party and let them know, organize a replacement or whatever, but you wouldn't fly off the handle stating to a trading community that you're "sick of this shit", would you?

I know that you had already touched base with the other party this time around and thusly, that person violated the terms of the trade by not providing adequate protection, and is therefore in the wrong. You're rightfully pissed off in this case, but would you be the same for something not as important?

My point I guess is that yeah, cards of worth should be treated as such. Commons though.. not as important.

I guess the point is, if you are trading for a card, no matter how important it is to you, it might be terribly important to the other person.

Cards of Paul Pierce, Dennis Rodman, Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett (to name a few) aren't that important to me, but I know would be very important to other members of this board. Likewise, with Grant Hill cards, might not be important to you, but sure as heck are important to me. If im trading for them, i'd appreciate that they are in as good as condition as possible.

If I trade for something - even commons - I must want the card (and in good condition). After all, why the fuck would I be trading for them in the first place ? To waste my time ?

My cabinet is full of commons ;-) LOL

The point I think Timmy is making is a card is a card. Value is no excuse for bad corners etc. Even for commons I'd want them in the best condition I can. Its not hard to the do the right thing. Thats the main point. If you take the extra two minutes you can avoid it all and all then this isn't an issue.

Can we pack this up (lol) and sum up the finer points? We've lost the original topic. :p

If the complaint was based on free cards, then Timmy has no right to complain.

If Timmy paid for the cards and there was an agreement that they be sent IN toploaders, then Timmy has all the right to blow his cap off.

If Timmy paid for the cards without specifying that they be sent in toploaders, and the cards got creased, ask for a refund. No need once again to humiliate the seller here even if you didn't mention any names.

And yeah, send your Kidd commons to me in white envelopes. As long as you don't mummify them with stickytape then I'm happy. :D

I cant understand how you "HBM" can argue this point... really.....

I mean if someone wants a common, they obviously care enough about condition as they are devoted to chasing that card....

Is there people that hard up that cannot provide a top loader and padded envelope (at the least) to send a card?

There's like 9 out of ever 10 members here who get new stuff (cards) in every day/week, etc, who have them arrive in toploaders.

Shit I think the last lots of cards I've been sending out, I've packed a few extra top loaders on the outside of the cards just cos I wanna get rid of them (and they make real good work of protecting the card).

Back
Top Bottom