Should Anthony Rocca be suspended?

Should Rocca be suspended?

• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Hip and shoulder is where ever it happens to connect. I don;t think his intentions were the head, more to just take the guy out of the chase. Had Dempster seen him, then it would have been nothing more than a pass by. He didn;t deviate his path to connect and it was just unlucky IMO that he did clip his head.

Agreed, I thought it hit his head.......1 or 2 weeks IMHO !

it was head high contact,plain and simple,even he didnt mean it,the head has to be protected simple as that

he should get two which he did,one with a early plea

AFL are not a joke,unless we wont headless players running around;)

david hille got a week for hitting chad cornes,and he derserved that one week

cheers

I agree that the AFL is making the game softer... but players know they have to be careful in giving someone a hip and shoulder when you know he is going after the ball. I have seen some great hip and shoulders this year that have kept a player out of it, but haven't been high.... I really dunno if it deserved a couple weeks... 1 maybe for recklessness.

But the fact is the Tribunal is a joke and is not at all consistent. It's frustrating for everyone.

Dempster wasn't going for the ball, he was after another player who was in possesion of it. He turned blind and rammed his head into Rocca's elbow. Dempster would have probably been hurt worse if Rocca had of hit him plumb in the center of his body...would have sent him flying! But, the contact was negligent (one point), medium impact (two points) and high (two points)...not sure how they interpret impact when the guy who gets hit runs himself into the contact.

He got rubbed?? Well from a serious Melbourne and overall footy fan, that is SHIT with a Capitol AFL Tribuneral sucks balls!!!! It's called Football! Not Netball! I agree with protecting the player but the reason that hit him head high was because of Dempster, not Rocca. What a joke

Dempster wasn't going for the ball, he was after another player who was in possesion of it. He turned blind and rammed his head into Rocca's elbow. Dempster would have probably been hurt worse if Rocca had of hit him plumb in the center of his body...would have sent him flying! But, the contact was negligent (one point), medium impact (two points) and high (two points)...not sure how they interpret impact when the guy who gets hit runs himself into the contact.

yep every player runs in someone elses elbow,hows that work?:rolleyes:

tribunal a joke yes, so why dont you play the game within the joke rules? and magic, your boys will get spanked by the hawks.. regardless of whos in/out for either side

plus it's not just rocca being picked on, others have gone for less than that.. so who cares really..

tribunal a joke yes, so why dont you play the game within the joke rules? and magic, your boys will get spanked by the hawks.. regardless of whos in/out for either side

plus it's not just rocca being picked on, others have gone for less than that.. so who cares really..

just saying the rules stink... maybe they should make a rule that doesnt allow players onver 6 foot to hip and shoulder... cos its a joke

Mate i dont care if we get spanked on the weekend as long as our boys show something thats all im after, if we win then thats a bonus. With the team we have on the park at the moment and still wining games just shows that we have depth, talent and huge heart. These things go along way :) .

I support a game that men play, whoever it may be. I pretty sure with the tribuneral and the rules they way they are going within 3-4 years I and many others will just stop watching....I knew nothing about the NRL at the start of the season and now im right into it and loving it....AFL is still number 1 for me ATM but I can see a swing coming if the AFL continues the way its going.

I support a game that men play, whoever it may be. I pretty sure with the tribuneral and the rules they way they are going within 3-4 years I and many others will just stop watching....I knew nothing about the NRL at the start of the season and now im right into it and loving it....AFL is still number 1 for me ATM but I can see a swing coming if the AFL continues the way its going.

I know & understand what you are saying but
1. Your biased (Collingwood supporter lol)
2. The rule is there and he broke it
3. He got 1 week which I predicted :)

For the record I hate Collingwood with a passion but what is footy coming too. I'm better off watching Netball, there is more contact. What is happening to footy. You see 100 bumps like that in every game and Rocca gets nabbed cause the guy slipped and Rocca catches him high.
It was a free kick and it should have been left at.

For the record I hate Collingwood with a passion but what is footy coming too. I'm better off watching Netball, there is more contact. What is happening to footy. You see 100 bumps like that in every game and Rocca gets nabbed cause the guy slipped and Rocca catches him high.
It was a free kick and it should have been left at.

Hey, your entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.......1-2 weeks is what I initially said and that is what he got :) I admit I am biased though.....I hate Collingwood ;)

Back
Top Bottom