Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

ozballer23

#1 J.R. Smith Collector
Real Name
Norm
Lots of opinions out there, I may be biased being a Hawthorn supporter, but if you lift both legs off the ground and make head high contact while the other player is still standing, I think that warrants a suspension.

For those who want to see the incident;

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I think you'll find he'll get off. I don't think he lifted both legs off the ground either. It was a very good hip and shoulder (his arm was down)....Dempster was just unfortunate that he was focussed on the ball and didn't notice the player coming towards him. It was his movement that caused his head to be hit....not Rocca targetting it. (I'm a Tigers supporter by the way.)

Hmmm well that was the first time I have seen that...and normally I'd say yes just cause he's from Collingwood :p but other than the fact that he did hit him head high, I can't see anything wrong with it.

You said feet off the ground, his feet don't leave the ground in any way other that taking a normal step into the oncoming guy. And the head high contact itself is incidental, not deliberate. His arm is well tucked in and quite frankly the sydney guy had Kositzke style blinkers on not to see it coming and brace himself.

IMO, if he goes, it's wrong.

Striking for sure...

Don't know if he left the ground, couldnt see, but you don't hip and shoulder to the head...

No different to your man being grounded, and doing the same thing.

1 week, nothing more.

p.s. insnt a hip and shoulder meant to be aimed at the body? his intention was not the body.

Striking for sure...

Don't know if he left the ground, couldnt see, but you don't hip and shoulder to the head...

1 week, nothing more.

p.s. insnt a hip and shoulder meant to be aimed at the body? his intention was not the body.

good point scotty, you just have to look at where he is looking....

Striking for sure...

1 week, nothing more.

Hip and shoulder is where ever it happens to connect. I don;t think his intentions were the head, more to just take the guy out of the chase. Had Dempster seen him, then it would have been nothing more than a pass by. He didn;t deviate his path to connect and it was just unlucky IMO that he did clip his head.

I'm a huge 1 eyed collingwood supporter and i think he will go for atleast 2-3 weeks. I think the worst thing about it is that the other guy wasnt looking and not ready for it. Rocca did everything right except the high contact, he dipped his shoulder elbow tucked in but i still dont think that will save him.

Don't think he should get suspended, but I reckon the tribunal will give him a week for. Was a bit wreckless.

Did anyone see Milne's clothesline on Kerr? Milne should get done for sure for a few weeks I reckon!

Don't think he should get suspended, but I reckon the tribunal will give him a week for. Was a bit wreckless.

Did anyone see Milne's clothesline on Kerr? Milne should get done for sure for a few weeks I reckon!

Yeah Milne doesn't have a favourable record as it is I don't think... clearly high and clearly reckless.

I think Rocca was reckless in a way so that may see him done for a week. Depends on his record though I think.

Rocca gets 2, 1 with an early plea and milne gets off??? Is it just me is was milnes alot more reckless than roccas? Milnes record is as bad if not worse than roccas. The afl jury is a joke this year.

lol say goodbye to the good old "hip and shoulder" what a joke!

Maybe Rocca should have let him catch Didak.... or maybe he should of got down on his knees and then bumped him so it would get him in the body... feet werent even off the ground

another great decison by the AFL!

lol say goodbye to the good old "hip and shoulder" what a joke!

Maybe Rocca should have let him catch Didak.... or maybe he should of got down on his knees and then bumped him so it would get him in the body... feet werent even off the ground

another great decison by the AFL!

Yet if it was a Collingwood player hit high like that you would be braying for blood.... come on man... whilst I agree with you to some extent... I feel you're opinion is based solely on the fact its Rocca in trouble.

If it was oh I dunno Luke Hodge or Sam Mitchell.... or someone who may have an impact against Collingwood this week you'd be sayin suspend him.

in total honesty here AJ. I would not care if it were a Hawks player i would still stick up for them. Because i would love to see you guys at full strength against us this week to see just where we are at.

My view here is that the game is getting softer and softer... and therefore the decison to suspend someone who is protecting the ball carer is terrible!

in total honesty here AJ. I would not care if it were a Hawks player i would still stick up for them. Because i would love to see you guys at full strength against us this week to see just where we are at.

My view here is that the game is getting softer and softer... and therefore the decison to suspend someone who is protecting the ball carer is terrible!

I agree that the AFL is making the game softer... but players know they have to be careful in giving someone a hip and shoulder when you know he is going after the ball. I have seen some great hip and shoulders this year that have kept a player out of it, but haven't been high.... I really dunno if it deserved a couple weeks... 1 maybe for recklessness.

But the fact is the Tribunal is a joke and is not at all consistent. It's frustrating for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom