series 2

I would love to see the return of the competition card, with some descent prizes up for grabs, signed jerseys, tickets to the Grand Final :D

if the series 2 release has double troubles, club plaers, team of the year, top prospects limited to 5 million each, basically the same as the last 10 years with no new decent indert sets or ideas then i am giving it away for good.

Not expecting anything drastic, as it is select the card company quoted as saying match worn jersey cards are to difficult and expensive to worry about, but please, low numbered top prospects, a cool dual signature. at least one new insert set. something, anything.

I would love to see the return of the competition card, with some descent prizes up for grabs, signed jerseys, tickets to the Grand Final :D

if the series 2 release has double troubles, club plaers, team of the year, top prospects limited to 5 million each, basically the same as the last 10 years with no new decent indert sets or ideas then i am giving it away for good.

Not expecting anything drastic, as it is select the card company quoted as saying match worn jersey cards are to difficult and expensive to worry about, but please, low numbered top prospects, a cool dual signature. at least one new insert set. something, anything.

I agree with both......the comp card is a great idea and like a lot of people I am over the champions foiled sigs, sketch and die cut cards.......make the first series cheap for the kids..........not many kids i know that can collect the base set, JDCs, sigs, sketch, gems and DT.............is a lot....at least with a base set and one insert the kids would have a greater chance of finishing therefore keeping them interested.

Me, I think that each year I am going to concentrate just on the premium series for my PC......invest my hard earned $$$ in those cards.

I don't think we are going to avoid those other 10 double trouble cards in series 2.

I also get turned off with the thought of them regurgitating the same club player of the year and team of the year stuff.

Select have said that promo flyers would be posted out July 1st so hopefully we get the release details today or tomorrow.

Hi Foldee,

I agree with many of the things you mention... especially the Double Trouble running from Series 1 to Series 2. It's just as annoying as continuing the card numbers for the old Future Force from year to year (and in AFL they do it for the Premiership Commemorative cards).

I'd love to see some REALLY low release cards like in the AFL Pinnacle... Captain Signatures limited to /60.

Cheers,

Ian

Yeah i agree, i really hope that Cronulla get a captains signature, however it wont really be current as it will probably be Gallen. I would still be happy with that as the Sharks have hardly any high end inserts to collect.

I hope as well they change it up a bit.
I think maybe a Australia Team cards with 18 cards from the Australia team in the World cup or ANZAC Test.
Also, if they make double troubles again ( :( hope the price on these stays down) please make a Cowboys of Thurston and Bowen

I dont mind Top prospect cards, but make them out of 100 or 200, not 500! ALso maybe coach cards, numbered to about 100, signed by the coach of the 16 teams.

I also hope there are Captain signature, with Thurston getting a go and also, for the double trouble, make special signature ones, limited to like 20 or 50. These would be cool to have a double trouble signed by the two players.

I also hope they have redmepiton cards. Also gets people buying pack :)

And dont leave the Cowboys out!!!! :D

Technically they made it easier to get because the ratio is a lot less.

But don't forget that series 2 is a limited release so even though the chances of pulling one are higher, there would still be a lot less in circulation.

The double troubles will come down if the ratios are the same as the AFL series. 1:2 boxes compared to 1:6 boxes in the Champions series.

TBH i wouldnt really care if they came down to 1:6 Packs :eek:
I think its just recycled ideas and they really have made a mistake by putting Champions Inserts into Series 2 Packs.
I know a fair few collectors that dont even bother to collect series 1 because its just marketed for the Kids. I do though always get Cronulla cards for the pc :D
So what am i (a prospective buyer) paying almost double the price of champions for?
1. No real effort has been made for (on my count) 3-4 Years to keep ideas fresh and exciting
2. Team bias when it comes to higher end signatures
3. If your not getting your boxes wholesale (or from GOMOTO) Your linning the few major sellers pockets by paying a premium of about 20% of what they are paying per box and the major fact that most of these big sellers are searching cases for the case hit and offloading the rest as sealed boxes
4. Signed Rookie selections when 80% of them amount to nothing.

and finally the double troubles coming into series 2 is just about the last straw for me, I love my League and all sports really, i love collecting cards (been addicted since i was 5) but really Select do need some competition, for too long they have been putting out this rubbish unchallenged and some competition is whats needed is to bring our Australian sports cards upto par with the dominant overseas sportcard companies.

END RANT:mad::thumbsup:

I know this will not happen but this is what i would like to see in series 2.
I would like a card that has the current player in his position or number and the best player that played for that club in that position or number in the last 20 years which is signed and limited to 10 cards each.
So 13 x 10 130 cards a team
so you would have
lockyer/walters
hayne/cronin
anasta/fitler
asotasi/mario
price/wiki
rogers/wally lewis
what do you think just something different and limmited price would very alot more with the better players.

I know this will not happen but this is what i would like to see in series 2.
I would like a card that has the current player in his position or number and the best player that played for that club in that position or number in the last 20 years which is signed and limited to 10 cards each.
So 13 x 10 130 cards a team
so you would have
lockyer/walters
hayne/cronin
anasta/fitler
asotasi/mario
price/wiki
rogers/wally lewis
what do you think just something different and limmited price would very alot more with the better players.

that would be cool but for one extremely expensive and two never ever going to happen. It would probably end up being like $500 a box.

Ok then 5 every time limmited to 20 and i would pay $250 for a box
i think with the double trouble in series 2 will send the price of the series 1 double troubles down

Ok then 5 every time limmited to 20 and i would pay $250 for a box
i think with the double trouble in series 2 will send the price of the series 1 double troubles down

why? There only bringing out DTs of teams that havent had DTs yet so it shouldnt make any difference

Gimme jersey cards!!! I have scraps of Ron Cootes jersey here for Select to put into cards, his grand final winning jersey from 1971 grand final.

Back
Top Bottom