Select Upcoming Series Info

Nah I'm not sick of being wrong- even if by a light year the bottom line is as for NRL collecting 2012 dynasty is a release holding great value- point being a black league leader card out of fifty is holding value at $400+ which is a far cry for equivalent AFL high ends such as footy's finest, mwg signature and influential

PS to rephrase what I was trying to say is why can't select produce a release for AFL collectors that will hold value for collectors like myself or drama 5? Until they do, it doesn't hurt to dream and pursue freedom of expression

Nah I'm not sick of being wrong- even if by a light year the bottom line is as for NRL collecting 2012 dynasty is a release holding great value- point being a black league leader card out of fifty is holding value at $400+ which is a far cry for equivalent AFL high ends such as footy's finest, mwg signature and influential

Like @Festa1234 said, keep the comments coming :)

In case you didn't know, Black League Leaders are holding value because there is a certain person(s) hoarding them.

Are any other NRL cards holding their value like that?

Most cards devalue, but you can count on the fact a Select card will hold its value a hell of a lot more than an ESP/TLA card. Just as you rightly pointed out.

I take it no sneak peek today, a week out from release anyone else getting a tad frustrated especially after ordering cases and not knowing what your paying for, putting a fair bit of faith in select here, I’m sure it will be a great release but untill that checklist drops the doubts creep in

I take it no sneak peek today, a week out from release anyone else getting a tad frustrated especially after ordering cases and not knowing what your paying for, putting a fair bit of faith in select here, I’m sure it will be a great release but untill that checklist drops the doubts creep in

So far we haven’t seen anything too exciting. We could all nearly guess what we’ve seen so far except for the welcomed return of the DPS. One week out it would be nice to see something a bit special.

Why do Select not like pre sells on eBay?

At least it was some exposure!!!
I assume it’s because they sell them too cheap, therefore making the cards worth less than they should be, 1 particular seller who used to presell never went through with half his sales anyway, my argument is don’t let them buy any cases your only hurting everyone else, not sure how they could stop certain buyers from buying cases though

I assume it’s because they sell them too cheap, therefore making the cards worth less than they should be, 1 particular seller who used to presell never went through with half his sales anyway, my argument is don’t let them buy any cases your only hurting everyone else, not sure how they could stop certain buyers from buying cases though

If they get distribution right then you can control the product and its value....which Select used to do well quite a bit. The sad thing this is lately is that its primarily the lure of the sale up front which they will go for every time (even to the wrong re-sellers who dump the product).

Its either sell 50 cases to someone they don't really want to sell too and watch the product tank on the secondary market or don't sell them and have to find other ways to move the product.....but the product retains some value.

These days you have their number 1 distributor pissed at them because he holds a lot of old stock and can control the price/supply of it to a degree then you have Select undermining him by moving product direct to resellers which are then sales lost by their main distributor.....

Why do Select not like pre sells on eBay?

At least it was some exposure!!!

It also means instead of buying packs and boxes from select people get them off ebay dirt cheap and dont bother buying boxes or packs (thus reducing sales). Then add in diminished card values and All in all pre sales are no good for the hobby and they have every right to stop them. Tbh i have no idea how its legal to sell something with no guarantee that you will get it in stock (as likely as it is boxes dont guarantee ratios so no matter how much they get they may not get that product).

Whats to stop people doing pre sales and getting the price wrong and doing it too cheap. Then they just say they didnt get any in stock and sell them later at inflated prices.

Well, not long to go now until we see exactly what IS in this release :)

I admit that I don’t mind the way that Select have handled the bulid up, although of course these days I don’t spend as much as I used to...I think I probably last bought a case in 2004 or something!! I can understand why those who have committed big dollars to the release will be nervous but believe me.....this is going to be fantastic.

I can’t wait for the box breaks and miraculous pack busts and then the great maildays....bring it on, and good luck to all! 😉

It also means instead of buying packs and boxes from select people get them off ebay dirt cheap and dont bother buying boxes or packs (thus reducing sales). Then add in diminished card values and All in all pre sales are no good for the hobby and they have every right to stop them. Tbh i have no idea how its legal to sell something with no guarantee that you will get it in stock (as likely as it is boxes dont guarantee ratios so no matter how much they get they may not get that product).

Whats to stop people doing pre sales and getting the price wrong and doing it too cheap. Then they just say they didnt get any in stock and sell them later at inflated prices.
Nothing stops people doing presales then not following through, a certain seller has done that quite a bit over the years as they realized they are too cheap. It’s these people that ruin it for everyone because the way I see it if I’m dropping $20k plus on a product where I have to put my order in 2 weeks ago I should know exactly what I’m getting, but I guess everyone is in the same boat

Last edited:
If they get distribution right then you can control the product and its value....which Select used to do well quite a bit. The sad thing this is lately is that its primarily the lure of the sale up front which they will go for every time (even to the wrong re-sellers who dump the product).

Its either sell 50 cases to someone they don't really want to sell too and watch the product tank on the secondary market or don't sell them and have to find other ways to move the product.....but the product retains some value.

These days you have their number 1 distributor pissed at them because he holds a lot of old stock and can control the price/supply of it to a degree then you have Select undermining him by moving product direct to resellers which are then sales lost by their main distributor.....

The distribution set up is not ideal. Would Select lose out in the long run if they did not sell up front to certain resellers and just use a single distributor? Why not even distribute themselves or is that too much of a cash flow risk? Surely the market for the cards would be the same, they'd just find their way through a different route. Most buyers will choose the cheapest option and buy through the lowest price reseller bypassing hobby shops who have greater overheads. The same resellers who get the cards at lower price then can sell in bulk at reduced prices on ebay and reset the market values putting average case contents below cost value for many buyers.
I understand why Select are against pre-sales at inflated prices, but if Select are serious about keeping things fair, lets have cases at the same price for everyone and cases available only on release date in every state. I expect the same guys will have their cases opened and photographed by release date morning and uploaded on ebay while they still haven't arrived in WA shops.
Hopefully the rumour of a smaller case run (540-550?) this year will be a positive for long term card values and prices don't tank in a few months time.

Another preview just dropped, shame it’s a parallel card. I’ve never cared for any parallel cards. Was really hoping this preview would have been something special to really get us excited.

Not sure what to make of that look forward to seeing in hand

DAAE9FC2-E0C7-46C6-BF97-9FAD033D67E6.jpeg

I was told the previews would be heading towards the higher end stuff as release gets closer but obviously not with this one. Hopefully a numbered card if it's a 460 replacement.
I think the draft pick signature card looks very nice, also like the AA design. Not so keen on the holographic parallel or rookie card design in photos but maybe they'll be better in hand.

Very happy there's a parallel set - especially if they're numbered like the 460s were. Adds a lot more interest and value to opening packs in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom