Select Upcoming Series Info

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Heard a few whispers on the grapevine today that Select has approached quite a few legends to appear on signature cards for release(s) later this year.

One card I had heard of being considered is a multi signature card featuring some players who have all achieved a specific AFL milestone.

Will be interesting to see if it eventuates or it will just end up like the Ablett Father/Son dual signature card that was very close to being made but for some reason didnt many years ago?

Interesting times ahead!

Well, it's going to be based around the last installation of Hall of Fame, so signature cards of older players is definite.

Yep, the multi card auto I heard about sounds nice.....will only be 25 of it im led to believe and it commemorates something the 4 or 5 people all have achieved.

INTeresting for those in the know what effect does this hall of fame theme have on gws and gold coast cards? Will there be significantly less? Or will they be included somehow?

Not too fussed if it is a lighter release for them as lets me concentrate on follong some gaps and save a bit of dough

INTeresting for those in the know what effect does this hall of fame theme have on gws and gold coast cards? Will there be significantly less? Or will they be included somehow?
I wouldn't think they will have much in there. Will get the regular inserts, but nothing HoF.

Since last release;
Blight, Lockett and Hart have been elevated to Legends.
Inducted - Jason Akermanis, Glenn Archer, Bagshaw, Peter Bell, Graham Cornes, Shane Crawford, Rick Davies, Simon Goodwin, Chris Grant, John Halbert, Barry Hall, Bob Hammond, Ben Hart, Robert Harvey, Ern Henfry, Verdun Howell, Brad Johnson, Anthony Koutoufides, Nigel Lappin, Matthew Lloyd, Hassa Mann, Andrew McLeod, Michael O'Loughlin, Brian Peake, Matthew Richardson, Maurice Rioli, Neil Roberts, Austin Robertson, Ray Sorrell, Anthony Stevens, Ron Todd, Warren Tredrea, Scott West.

I wouldn't think they will have much in there. Will get the regular inserts, but nothing HoF.

Since last release;
Blight, Lockett and Hart have been elevated to Legends.
Inducted - Jason Akermanis, Glenn Archer, Bagshaw, Peter Bell, Graham Cornes, Shane Crawford, Rick Davies, Simon Goodwin, Chris Grant, John Halbert, Barry Hall, Bob Hammond, Ben Hart, Robert Harvey, Ern Henfry, Verdun Howell, Brad Johnson, Anthony Koutoufides, Nigel Lappin, Matthew Lloyd, Hassa Mann, Andrew McLeod, Michael O'Loughlin, Brian Peake, Matthew Richardson, Maurice Rioli, Neil Roberts, Austin Robertson, Ray Sorrell, Anthony Stevens, Ron Todd, Warren Tredrea, Scott West.

Thabk mate so does that mean certified signatures and whatnot or do you teckon the certified sigs will be moved on?

Im hoping the 460s are still around i like then

30422257_10155700502983877_432015866_n.jpg

Great to hear that certified signatures are back again. I'd be happy with any of Viney, Oliver and Petracca as a Melbourne collector.

Until more info to this relase becoming available and more rumors arise: Suspected breakdown roughly though knowing I'm probably going to be wrong anyway:

Certified 460 parallels back again - Select to endeavor to put cards on these along with commons whom were not featured on last concepts since 2016
All Australians - same old with different designs as usual
Hall of Fame Gallery (30); 1:9 packs
This to replace the Team Leader concept of Certified 16/17 and to feature 29 players to be inducted into Hall of Fame since this concept was last visited in 2012. Makes sense to do this as can not really see any point in replicating same cards depicted in past causing fruitless repletion. One header card on top of this to make 30
Hall of Fame Parallel (30) xxx/800; 1:18 packs
This to replace Goal to Goal concept of Certified 16/17 thus corresponding to the concept last seen in 2012 Eterity

*Rookie Cards back again thus featuring all those from 2017 National Draft thus new designs from last year
*Certified GOLD Signatures - can't see this signature concept going away any time soon and fingers crossed GWS to have Phil Davis and Heath Shaw perhaps?
*Medal Winners - same old but wonder if it'd help should these be #IN - even if out of 850 odd they might attract some LITTLE value in particular
the low number Dusty collectors!
Hall of Fame Signatures; 1:216 packs
Guernsey unsigned concepts to be replaced by HF signatures thus arguably based on the middle end concept
Hall of Fame Legend Signatures; 1:432 packs
Almost certainly the Guernsey Signatures xx/80 cards will be replaced by something like this and could well be two players per card?
Hall of Fame Legend Refractors (6) xxx/120; 1:432 packs
Footy's Finest to be replaced by a similar concept in this case all those (pretty sure it's six but correct if I'm wrong) to depict those HF inductees who have been upgraded to legend status since a concept like this was last visited in a release

Certified PLATINUM signature (36) xx/40; 1:216 packs
This perhaps replacing Influential cards and this would clearly be the concept to keep Gold Coast and GWS collectors like me calm for another Heritage theme revisited once again :wave:

In terms of Future Force this year I have an idea there's going to be a fourth signature variant out of 15 along with replications of the others - Gold /100; Platinum /50; Green /30; Black /15

I don't mind that idea, though to be honest I was quite happy with the 3 colours of signatures... I think expanding the coloured parallels, eg. Blue /150, Red /75, Green /50 and Gold /25 could be a cool variance.

Back
Top Bottom