tak35bne

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
tack35
COMC User
tak35bne
Anyone heard anything about when the Series 2 NRL cards are being released or even the series composition.............hope there are some good auto's and Select don't stuff up the predictor redemptions like they did in 2007..........:)

Here's hoping :v:! I hope they come out soon, I am getting a whole case all to myself :) so I hope they have some good ones. I would especially love a Willie Mason or Braith Anasta Redemption card, since last time that happened they were Dogs and now there Roosters - let me know what you get because I am going for the Master Set, so we will probably be able to do some trading. It shouldn't be to long now though :thumbsup:

I'm hanging out for this release also, I'll also be going for the master set, I was thinking to myself though, since it's the centenary year maybe it'll be a premium centenary set with the team of the century autos, how awesome would that be, anyways i can't wait no matter what:):)!!

Here's hoping :v:! I hope they come out soon, I am getting a whole case all to myself :) so I hope they have some good ones. I would especially love a Willie Mason or Braith Anasta Redemption card, since last time that happened they were Dogs and now there Roosters - let me know what you get because I am going for the Master Set, so we will probably be able to do some trading. It shouldn't be to long now though :thumbsup:

A whole case..............WOW, i would love to be there to watch those boxes get opened, me just getting a box, am gonna do the master set myself I think, don't normally but what the heck. Spoke to a guy from the Sunshine Coast and he said he heard they were coming out mid-July, am basically hanging out for my letter from Select with the flyer and my promo's..........:)

Yeah, last year I got 2 boxs and it wasn't worth it, all I really have to show for it is my Pearce Signature Card and the club player and team of the year sets. This year I wanna get the whole collection of predictors and the like, so I figure you get 12 in a case so your nearly there on day 1.

Looking forward to this release, a bit suprised there isn't any info out yet though. Maybe next week?

I generally just collect the Canberra cards, but will probably buy a box and see how I go.

Excuse my ignorance, but there will be a second series for Select NRL 2008?

Is this an expansion of what my daughter has started colleting, or an entire new set?

Where are you buying boxes and cases... and what are they?

She is sending me broke :)

lol. No Pika, rest assured it is not an expansion of the current series you are collecting.

Each year there are 2 series released. The 1st series is released in March and is widely available through newsagents and other convinience stores. It is a very affordable series and currently retails at $2.95 per packet.

In July a 2nd series is released. It is a higher end product. Packets previously retailed for $4.95 per packet although there has been mentioning in some circles that it may even hit $5.95 per packet this year. This series usually includes some signature inserts (real signatures, not the foil printed ones in series 1). Newsagents don't usually sell this series, mainly only to be found at hobbyists/card shops.

Boxes/Cases can be bought through card dealers. There is a list of some of the suppliers on select's website. A box consists of 36 packets of cards, a case consists of 12 boxes.

Hahaha, yeah - Series 2 is not cheap. I have the complete set of Series 1 (Gems, Sketchs, signatures - the works) and it cost me a bit less than $1000, I have been quoted at $2000 for a case - and that will not be the whole set.

Good luck

Hi guys,

Here's all the info on NRL Series 2 for you (just skip past the AFL stuff).

Click the link and you will see images of all the card types, the breakdowns and everything else you want to know.

2008 Series 2 footy cards called AFL Classic and NRL Centenary | Footy Stars "Collectors Edition" Newsletter

The sets looks VERY different to previous years with a massive focus on the Centenary year. There is a Master Collection with a host of OVERSIZED cards in it which will sell for $1500+ as it's limited to just 250.

It's a huge improvement on previous years.

Ian

Hi guys,

Here's all the info on NRL Series 2 for you (just skip past the AFL stuff).

Click the link and you will see images of all the card types, the breakdowns and everything else you want to know.

2008 Series 2 footy cards called AFL Classic and NRL Centenary | Footy Stars "Collectors Edition" Newsletter

The sets looks VERY different to previous years with a massive focus on the Centenary year. There is a Master Collection with a host of OVERSIZED cards in it which will sell for $1500+ as it's limited to just 250.

It's a huge improvement on previous years.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

I am going to be in for 2 boxes, can't wait for these, they look VERY GOOD, looking forward to getting hold of a flyer and promo's........:)

OMG....After seeing the breakdown of the AFL series yesterday i was a little disappointed thinking that there wouldn't be any major changes. But this series looks great. Looking forward to the release.

heh, must admit i'm sorta blown away by this set myself, not being an nrl collector at all,
It's almost enough to make me turn :)
I find it interesting though that there are 10,000 boxes compared to afl's 6000.
would of thought the other way round would be more likely, but I obviously under estimated the nrl market.
I'm guessing perhaps the nrl version will be available in newsagents in the main nrl states to absorb this? as even 6000 afl boxes for this premier product will see the common sets flooding eBay at the price of just 2 packs! :)
I'm sure select would love to make them ultra low print but that wouldn't make money at all and the end of the day it's inportant for select to make a profit and keep these premium sets going.

anyways, I recieved the footystars afl/nrl newsletter last night and must say it was a good read, very professional and well worth the money ;)

That Meninga oversize is gonna be a mission to get hold of....

Great to see them trying something new with the second set though!

OH MY GOD, and OH MY GOD again - I am so exited right now I could just about cry - I can't wait for these cards to come out, I have my name down for a case and a half, but I might just get 2 cases :thumbsup: (breath Alex, breath) - and the Master Series Album :worthy: with the oversize cards OH MY GOD, what a set - and only 22 sleeps to go :)

Hey guys im so damn excited about this release i thought id share this sell sheet i found on ebay wth everyone

08NRL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom