Rookie Of The Year

Who do you think should be Rookie Of The Year?

• Jamal Idris

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Kevin Locke

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Daniel Mortimer

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Josh Dugan

• Kevin Gordon

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

• Total voters
Moltzen has been mentioned in this thread but technically he isn't a rookie as he played several games last year. But i expect a good future from him but i don't think it'll be with us because of position selection idiocy from Sheens. Moltzen is a half and a club who offers him a longterm spot there will lock him up.

Not a huge wrap on Idris either, he has ALOT of improvement in him and he doesn't impress me yet. Mortimer needs to back his form up the next few seasons or he's just another Tim Smith. Next Peter Sterling remember?

But Josh Dugan got my vote. There's alot of talent there and i think Raiders will do well to keep him there as they lose alot of their young talent to other clubs.

Moltzen has been mentioned in this thread but technically he isn't a rookie as he played several games last year. But i expect a good future from him but i don't think it'll be with us because of position selection idiocy from Sheens. Moltzen is a half and a club who offers him a longterm spot there will lock him up.

Not a huge wrap on Idris either, he has ALOT of improvement in him and he doesn't impress me yet. Mortimer needs to back his form up the next few seasons or he's just another Tim Smith. Next Peter Sterling remember?

But Josh Dugan got my vote. There's alot of talent there and i think Raiders will do well to keep him there as they lose alot of their young talent to other clubs.

I'm not a huge wrap on Idris either, he is good, but not great. I reckon if he didn't have the crazy hairstyle he wouldn't get noticed as much, a bit like Wolfman from Manly and his beard.

We have some amazing players coming through at the Raiders, Dugan, Croker (who just re-signed last week :woot:) Vidot, Joel Thompson, Drury Low etc. I would be livid if we let any of these guys leave. We are letting go of a few older players at the end of the year to upgrade contracts of these guys so hopefully we can keep them together as they will bring some glory.

I thought Dugan should have won.

---------- Post added 08-09-2009 at 08:44 PM ----------

Bulldogs are winning everything!

I think Idris gets lost in defence sometimes. Most teams exploit this now.

---------- Post added 08-09-2009 at 10:29 PM ----------

At least you get an extra Dally M card for next years cards for Thurston, should be 2 for Sowie!! :)

Dally M points:
Josh Dugan 12
Daniel Mortimer 7
Jarrod Croker 5
Jamal Idris 1

Just shows what a joke these awards are. What is the use of giving points each weeks when they mean nothing at all?

Russell Packer, Keiran Foran & Kevin Locke all scored more points than Idris as well and they didn't even get nominated.

Points can be very misleading as it can favour players that are hot or cold, Idris has been solid all year. IMO there are a couple of others with more potential but Idris has already been proven as a solid first grader.
The right decision was made IMO, Im not really sold on Daniel Mortimer yet but he does look likely.

im going to go out on a limg and say idris will get it. ohh he already has im a bit late

Back
Top Bottom