Avonc

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Cam
eBay User
456cam
Hi guys,
I have just bought a bulk lot of patches and in sorting them out found that
a few don't have the redemption cards with them.
Just emailed seller now awaiting a reply .
So the question to you is......... What value do you put on a card without
it's redemption card in percentage terms ?

Thanks for any input, Cam.

Interesting question. It certainly devalues the card, but to what extent?

If I were chasing that particular card, and the redemption was missing, I wouldn’t buy it.

I look at the Dynamic gold cards from S2 1994 (Mal and Lamb). They pop up often without the redemption and COA. In most cases, this cuts the value in half.

Yea I agree I wouldn't buy a particular card I was chasing without its redemption, I'm sure there would be people out there that don't care about the redemption.
Here is someone selling redeemed redemptions without the actual card, so the redemptions are virtually worthless on their own

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/404460333405?hash=item5e2bb6e95d:g:QnAAAOSwE2dk2Bys&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4HBPM0mMZIIovFI5xC87FtsPw6QL7AbIYsvuh40OnDktBQJlpbZ7wuz/e8CG+W6yuaSLiNTUJ47iXPPOzJqeL548dCo+4si+SAbcITeKZoWZx1UFOIsIvAxspI1y9+5et73SHNcIylmAn1vec0bwfZLx6/RuAqWIoD8IUelFWJegOTxRoV8JgTiu7gchAqxz5h8Lv9L3xEwU6fKlabYhMo0QtzPh4qGLqYF27G2LxTZYb8JALDx+llGMQx9VDuF2GxqMV6E5neJsdg/GiwHKX3tYLSfRFooKT3isEJq9Ahfh|tkp:Bk9SR67j4abiYg

Yea I agree I wouldn't buy a particular card I was chasing without its redemption, I'm sure there would be people out there that don't care about the redemption.
Here is someone selling redeemed redemptions without the actual card, so the redemptions are virtually worthless on their own

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/404460333405?hash=item5e2bb6e95d:g:QnAAAOSwE2dk2Bys&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4HBPM0mMZIIovFI5xC87FtsPw6QL7AbIYsvuh40OnDktBQJlpbZ7wuz/e8CG+W6yuaSLiNTUJ47iXPPOzJqeL548dCo+4si+SAbcITeKZoWZx1UFOIsIvAxspI1y9+5et73SHNcIylmAn1vec0bwfZLx6/RuAqWIoD8IUelFWJegOTxRoV8JgTiu7gchAqxz5h8Lv9L3xEwU6fKlabYhMo0QtzPh4qGLqYF27G2LxTZYb8JALDx+llGMQx9VDuF2GxqMV6E5neJsdg/GiwHKX3tYLSfRFooKT3isEJq9Ahfh|tkp:Bk9SR67j4abiYg

the poor slater without its redemption 😢

For some, i wouldn't care. For others, i would.

For example, in Cricket Traders 2022, the Jake Fraser-McGurk Breakouts Signature is a redemption card - but it is the only card in that set which is. The other signature cards in that set were in the packets of that release. So for that one, i wouldn't really care if the redemption card came with it or not.

Compare that to the NRL Elite 2020 League Sensations, where every signature card in that set was a redemption card. For those, i would want the redemption card.

For me, it really depends on how many redemption cards there are from that particular set. The more there are, the more i would want them. The less there are, the less i would want them. The value of the card probably plays a role in that decision too. Anything under $100, it's nice, but not critical. But anything over $100, i would probably want it.

Others will have their own thoughts.

I just recently sold a card with its redemption. The buyer was planning to get card graded and just keep redemption in a storage box. IN my weird way I would be getting both graded as a package (displayed together) somehow?? Not that I am a fan of graded cards though as it is.

Why does that seller have all those redemption cards 😳Seems weird to have kept them and not included with the autos ?

Interesting question. It certainly devalues the card, but to what extent?

If I were chasing that particular card, and the redemption was missing, I wouldn’t buy it.

I look at the Dynamic gold cards from S2 1994 (Mal and Lamb). They pop up often without the redemption and COA. In most cases, this cuts the value in half.
Yes there was some dodgy stuff going on with Dynamic in the end. But recent releases should all have their Redemption cards
with them for sure. Some autos are different as some guys in a release couldn't sign on time, but patches that are never in
packs should always have a RC.

Back
Top Bottom