For Sale REFUNDS THURSDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i am found to be in error, and this is all some terrible criminal act of identity theft, then I am more than happy to apologise.
But the simple fact is that absolutely none of the cards sold to 5 different people were ever sent, and nothing has been heard from this person in weeks, until I called him today, which just so happened to be the same instant that he had separately learned of this deception and initiated refunds of his own accord.

Amazing coincidence, or just caught out?

If i am found to be in error, and this is all some terrible criminal act of identity theft, then I am more than happy to apologise.
But the simple fact is that absolutely none of the cards sold to 5 different people were ever sent, and nothing has been heard from this person in weeks, until I called him today, which just so happened to be the same instant that he had separately learned of this deception and initiated refunds of his own accord.

Amazing coincidence, or just caught out?

Caught out 100%

Well if you fed me a steady stream of garbage like this bloke did, including having the gall to ask me to leave work early so that i could make it to the bank before close of business, then re-assure me time after time that what was promised was on its way, then started using a wife's identity to reply under the guise of being back in hospital, and thanking me for my patience, understanding and sympathy towards his plight, then sent txt messages again reassuring me it was already in the mail, then more pm's again asking for, and receiving understanding and more time, then silence, then acting like a sheepish schoolboy when i found him on the phone, then invented a story that isnt even worthy of a daily soap...

you know what, i'd do the same thing all over again.

Unbelieveable!

All those that got ripped should post a status on here to let us know IF and WHEN then get their money back! Funny that a NEW ID has recently been banned for being linked to this guy...WTF?

Great to see Admin & Mods getting on top of it all :thumbsup:

It appears David has refunded the money from my card via paypal after opening a dispute about the card i had not received.

The refund status is still pending but i beleive this is only because it takes 3-5 working days for the refund to be processed.

I'm amazed so many have not followed our basic guidelines for trading on this site.

BUYING/SELLING/TRADING GUIDELINES
Selling and trading:

Trading and selling/buying is permitted on OzCardTrader.com.au. The site and its administrators accept no financial responsibilities/liabilities with respect to these transactions. OzCardTrader.com.au may be considered as only a venue where these deals can take place. OzCardTrader will not assist in any way with completing your deal so you need to ensure you cover yourself adequately or get enough information from the other person to cover yourself. OzCardTrader is only provided for a place for two members to trade cards/items and will not become involved in these trades or sales.

a) Members with less than 10 feedback on OzCardTrader MUST SEND FIRST unless the person can provide references from other trading websites and/or eBay with trading card history to the satisfaction of the member they are trading with.
b) All trades or sales must be posted in the Submit Sale & Trade Agreements forum and a response left by the other party agreeing to the deal. Cards/payment should not be sent until BOTH parties have agreed to the deal.
c) Deals are deals: once a deal is posted and both parties have posted that its going through members are to hold up their end of the deal. Changing your mind or altering the deal once this has happened is not acceptable and members that do this will be suspended or have their trading privileges removed.
d) Cards/payment must be sent within 2 business days of deal agreement being reached (unless an alternative arrangement has been met and agreed to by both parties in the Submit Trade/Deal Agreement thread.
e) Prices displayed on OzCardTrader.com.au should be taken as Australian dollar (AUD) amounts, unless otherwise (and clearly) stated. Furthermore, purchase prices shown should be considered separate from any shipping charges, unless otherwise stated. Please confirm total costs before agreeing to a deal in the Submit Sale & Trade Agreements section.
f) Payments MUST NOT be sent via PayPal as a "gift" under any circumstance. Sellers must not request payment as a gift. Sellers should either request Direct Deposit, or request the buyer pays the PayPal fees if they wish to avoid fees.
g) Selling or trading card(s) or boxes that you don't have in hand is not allowed. You must have the card(s)/boxes in hand before they can be included in a deal. This includes presales of cases unless approved under point (h)
h) Group breaks, group box buys, case shares, box shares (or any other name you can think of) can ONLY be approved by Admin. No members are allowed to organise group buys unless approved by OzCardTrader. This includes advertising or promotion of group breaks on other sites.
i) Raffles, lotteries or games of chance (including mystery lots, super packs, mystery packs or any variation on that theme) or any competitions that require an entry fee are not permitted on OzCardTrader. Any competitions must receive approval from OzCardTrader Admin.
j) No auction style listings, or listings that involve bidding for an item. If you want to place an auction, take it to eBay - this isn't an auction site.
k) Be sure to get adequate contact information from the person you are dealing with. We do not store other members information - this is YOUR responsibility. OzCardTrader will not assist in any way with completing your deal so you need to ensure you cover yourself adequately or get enough information from the other person to cover yourself. OzCardTrader is only provided for a place for two members to trade cards/items and will not become involved in these trades or sales.
l) DO NOT POST IN OTHERS BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS UNLESS IT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO MAKING AN OFFER TO TRADE, BUY OR SELL THE ITEMS LISTED.

Just because both traders have less than 10 feedback does not mean you just "hope for the best". If you provide your ebay details and you have decent feedback to the satisfaction of the other trader, you then do not have to send first. If you don't have eBay, you either do your research about the person you are hoping to deal with or you don't do the deal. That's why we have a feedback system here so there is a track record of who has a good trading history. It doesn't guarantee you of a perfect transaction (we have had members with high feedback go bad) but at least you can have a higher degree of certainty that the deal will go ok then if you are sending your money to a low feedback member.

To put it simply, don't go sending money randomly to people you don't know or who can't show a track record of successfully selling on this site or elsewhere. It really is that simple.

just letting ppl know i am still around and not avoiding the site and refunds
and may i also say early on when im saying it was me dealing i did 5 deals and all got cards straight away sent same day or next , even had markRicciutoStilPlays offer to pay via money in mail and told him i cant do that its to dangerous for him , and could have easliy given my po box

I'm amazed so many have not followed our basic guidelines for trading on this site.

Just because both traders have less than 10 feedback does not mean you just "hope for the best". If you provide your ebay details and you have decent feedback to the satisfaction of the other trader, you then do not have to send first. If you don't have eBay, you either do your research about the person you are hoping to deal with or you don't do the deal. That's why we have a feedback system here so there is a track record of who has a good trading history. It doesn't guarantee you of a perfect transaction (we have had members with high feedback go bad) but at least you can have a higher degree of certainty that the deal will go ok then if you are sending your money to a low feedback member.

To put it simply, don't go sending money randomly to people you don't know or who can't show a track record of successfully selling on this site or elsewhere. It really is that simple.

Most here would know that and agree but unfortunately it still happens......nothing you can do about it except keep repeating this sort of info (Like you do).

I would suggest a PM be sent to all new members stating something similar to what you have stated above..........may not change things but it couldn't hurt!

It appears David has refunded the money from my card via paypal after opening a dispute about the card i had not received.

The refund status is still pending but i beleive this is only because it takes 3-5 working days for the refund to be processed.

Refunds are normally instant!
(If there is money in their account)

I guess i know from experience its one of those grey areas. I bought the cards on the basis of the five deals before me all were smooth. Its hard to receive a card when you haven't paid for it i believe.

Lesson learned to all of us. With higher end cards ask for a scan before you purchase. Think this will help out more in the long run

I can see both sides of the story from members on here.

One side we have been ripped off and strung along for to long with not much explaination. On the other hand i still belive innocent till proven guilty. So if all money is returned then he is innocent and we move on. If we don't receve the refunds then we will be unset since its OUR hard earned money we have lost.

This whole experience has put a MASSIVE dampener on buying cards now though I must admit and its guys like me and the others who are lossing out

EVERYONE will be refunded on thursday in full to either paypal or there bank , if u havent already please supply me in chat where u would like refund to be payed and confirm the right amount
Thank You
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom