Question about grading through The Hobby

1980bust

OzCardTrader
Real Name
G
Hey everyone,

Maybe I'm just being super thick, but I can't work out when you pay for the grading service? I can see an option to add however many to cart, but then their T&Cs say this:

Our fees do not include return shipping from us back to you after grading has been completed. This is paid when we invoice you for your grading at which time you can select your postage type (Regular or Express) and the amount of insurance coverage you want.

Is this saying you only pay the grading fees once the process is done, when you receive a total invoice including return shipping? Or do you pay up front with just a best guess post-grading insurance value? Asking because there's more in the fine print about hypothetical cost recovery which seems a little unnecessary if fees had been paid up front?

Thanks for any help!

My understanding was they invoice and charge you after cards have been graded and are in transit back to them, that way they know if there are any upcharges and you are only billed once.

Edit: This is for PSA grading. If you are doing the others without an upcharge process and fixed cost only like BGS, SGC, HGA etc etc then I assume you pay upfront as costs are known.

Back
Top Bottom