PS3 NBA2K13 Online Association

Re: PS3 NBA2K11 Online Season

lol, yer. Actually there are now two openings.

Miami who has played 2 games (1-1) and has Lebron.

San Antonio who is yet to play a game. I asked Tee what's up but he hasnt been online for over 10 days now to reply.

lol, yer. Actually there are now two openings.

Miami who has played 2 games (1-1) and has Lebron.

San Antonio who is yet to play a game. I asked Tee what's up but he hasnt been online for over 10 days now to reply.

He was notoriously poor anyhow at getting on...alot of work from what I gathered in the past. Gee I wonder what team Jimbo will take...perhaps the team he supports, oh and they have Bron :lol:

Yer, i figured Miami would be more likey...not just Lebron, he's got a high block, high rebound C like Dalembert (Camby) and a slasher that can get to the rim in Maggette. Bit perplexing what to do about the point guard though?

---------- Post added 12-11-2010 at 12:26 AM ----------

Although if he is after a division title the Southwest looks like it is a more likely scenario

Yer, i figured Miami would be more likey...not just Lebron, he's got a high block, high rebound C like Dalembert (Camby) and a slasher that can get to the rim in Maggette. Bit perplexing what to do about the point guard though?

---------- Post added 12-11-2010 at 12:26 AM ----------

Although if he is after a division title the Southwest looks like it is a more likely scenario

You know the way I like to assemble teams too well Michael! Give me a slasher and a good shot-blocker and I'll play with any team :)

Send me an invite for Miami man, I'll definitely be in. I like the look of the roster better than SA, and in the Southwest Giddles is there and I am yet to beat him.

What's the deal with mkd_kid and why is he so good??

Will be on after Beauty and the Geek tonight? lol Can be on til late :D

---------- Post added 11-11-2010 at 10:06 PM ----------

We seem to be on same time a fair bit, and I message you since you're playing something different (usually) but don't get a reply, then I end up offline. :lol: Then it seems you get my messages long after!

hahaha! yeah I'm not playing when u message, my room mate is... I'm either at work or out of the house!!! I'm not home much! hahaha!

But yeah I had like 12 messages today when I hopped on the ps3! haha!

You know the way I like to assemble teams too well Michael! Give me a slasher and a good shot-blocker and I'll play with any team :)

Send me an invite for Miami man, I'll definitely be in. I like the look of the roster better than SA, and in the Southwest Giddles is there and I am yet to beat him.

What's the deal with mkd_kid and why is he so good??

mkd just has a very efficient and consistent offensive game. Doesn't make many mistakes/turnovers and will pick you apart from anywhere on the court if you leave some space. I've been able to slow him considerably but in the end...my last game with him is a better gauge than my 1st since my 1st was my 1st online game ever :lol: Was actually leading til late in the 3rd when he hit a 3 to lead by 3 going into the last. Was a defensive slog with the scores being 44-41. In the last though he suddenly went on a 11-0 run cause I stopped executing well...Got it back to 5 again, but he won by 8 :) Was bloody happy with that though since the game before that he beat zel by 50!

Was bloody happy with that though since the game before that he beat zel by 50!

yeh i did play pretty lame that game but mkd's steals killed me that game man, his D is pretty strong as well i reckon...

yeh i did play pretty lame that game but mkd's steals killed me that game man, his D is pretty strong as well i reckon...

Oh agreed, that's why I struggled to start the 4th, his D simply took my shots away. I know I could have executed slightly better, but D was big. And I think the scoreline I said suggests the D factor too!

played mkd kid a while back, beat home by 7pts, and my 1st quarter was the difference, held him too 7pts. his D is pretty good, only had 3 steals against me?, on
his offence, think he tried too beat me with 'vince carter' alone. that wasn't gonna happen. i also outblocked him 9-1. been on a massive streak now, 10 more games too go.

How bad was that lag jimbo!?! hahah played a game just before that with no dramas at all! Was feeling ti too! Will be on again later for some games!

Yeah that was unfortunate mate.

I predicted it would happen though - cause it was ALL definitely on my end.

My house is getting painted atm, so my living room is getting painted so I had to move my PS3 out and set it out in a room where the wireless isn't that good. Definitely wasn't going to play through a whole game of that. Catch ya online soon tho mate :)

Played my first game against Mollison and the Knicks and lost 76-65. From the looks of the guys he's beaten (Nenjabin & Giddles) I assume he's not a bad player.

I actually jumped out to a quick lead winning the first quarter 21-17, but once the game slowed down - being my first online game I didn't know any of my players jump-shot releases and I kept clanking it off the rim.

LeBron in particular missed about 10 jumpers although he top scored for me with 25 points he only shot 12/27 for the game. He also had 4 assists and 3 steals. Beno Udrih was the only one whose jumper I could get going and he scored 19 points including 5/11 from trey to go with 4 boards and 5 assists.

I scored 28/65 in the paint minus the fastbreak points, while he scored 42/76.

I quite like my team and I'm finding it's a lot easier to shoot jumpers in 2K11 than in 2K10. Once I get some practice mode with my guys jump-shots I reckon I'll be able to compete with everyone in the league.

Played my first game against Mollison and the Knicks and lost 76-65. From the looks of the guys he's beaten (Nenjabin & Giddles) I assume he's not a bad player.

I actually jumped out to a quick lead winning the first quarter 21-17, but once the game slowed down - being my first online game I didn't know any of my players jump-shot releases and I kept clanking it off the rim.

LeBron in particular missed about 10 jumpers although he top scored for me with 25 points he only shot 12/27 for the game. He also had 4 assists and 3 steals. Beno Udrih was the only one whose jumper I could get going and he scored 19 points including 5/11 from trey to go with 4 boards and 5 assists.

I scored 28/65 in the paint minus the fastbreak points, while he scored 42/76.

I quite like my team and I'm finding it's a lot easier to shoot jumpers in 2K11 than in 2K10. Once I get some practice mode with my guys jump-shots I reckon I'll be able to compete with everyone in the league.

Yeah I think I played mollison pretty early in OCT S2 so don't actually remember :lol: ...but I played him the other day again in the Aus NZ league and we had a thriller! There was a tiny bit more lag than usual which had me struggling with my shot early and I was down for most of the game. Clawed my way back into it and even took the lead in the last, but when it was crunch time he got a sweet put back slam to go up 52-50 with 24 seconds left in the game (very low scoring, defensive slog). I came down wondering how the hell I was going to garantee some points and with a couple of quick passes accross the perimeter I suddenly found Mayo wide open (for only maybe the 2nd time in the game if I was lucky! He was 3/7 from the field at the time, 0/2 3Pt). Thought, there's my shot, so took it and hit it. Ended up being a 3 so was up 53-52 with ~14 seconds left. He took it down and posted Yao up (whom had 20/17 for the game...had been unstoppable). Took the fadeaway for the win and missed! Was a classic :D

Yeah Jumpers are good in 2k11, but definitely not easier than 2k10. 2k10 defense didn't seem to bother shots much, but if you can put any pressure on a shot in 2k11 it has a big effect. 2k10 you could just run down and jack up (as everyone whom played me knew :lol:)

Look forward to getting a game in tonight!

Yeah I think I played mollison pretty early in OCT S2 so don't actually remember :lol: ...but I played him the other day again in the Aus NZ league and we had a thriller! There was a tiny bit more lag than usual which had me struggling with my shot early and I was down for most of the game. Clawed my way back into it and even took the lead in the last, but when it was crunch time he got a sweet put back slam to go up 52-50 with 24 seconds left in the game (very low scoring, defensive slog). I came down wondering how the hell I was going to garantee some points and with a couple of quick passes accross the perimeter I suddenly found Mayo wide open (for only maybe the 2nd time in the game if I was lucky! He was 3/7 from the field at the time, 0/2 3Pt). Thought, there's my shot, so took it and hit it. Ended up being a 3 so was up 53-52 with ~14 seconds left. He took it down and posted Yao up (whom had 20/17 for the game...had been unstoppable). Took the fadeaway for the win and missed! Was a classic :D

Yeah Jumpers are good in 2k11, but definitely not easier than 2k10. 2k10 defense didn't seem to bother shots much, but if you can put any pressure on a shot in 2k11 it has a big effect. 2k10 you could just run down and jack up (as everyone whom played me knew :lol:)

Look forward to getting a game in tonight!

Yeah maybe I didn't shoot enough jumper in 2K10. Something about it in 2K11, maybe the shot-stick response or something just feels a lot more natural to me.

Can't wait to get some practice in. LeBron is essentially unstoppable once he gets a lane, so if I can get his jump-shot down he's going to be really good. Mollison was already double-teaming Bron a lot last night, leaving Udrih wide open for 3's and Hamilton too on one occasion.

Yeah maybe I didn't shoot enough jumper in 2K10. Something about it in 2K11, maybe the shot-stick response or something just feels a lot more natural to me.

Can't wait to get some practice in. LeBron is essentially unstoppable once he gets a lane, so if I can get his jump-shot down he's going to be really good. Mollison was already double-teaming Bron a lot last night, leaving Udrih wide open for 3's and Hamilton too on one occasion.

He probably though you were the previous owner of Bron /the Heat...that guy simply gave it to Bron and got out of the way! :lol: I think 1 game against Ranga Bron took 52 of the teams 80 FGs...but only connected on 16 of them cause Ranga too was zoning and doubling Bron. I suspect that's why he doubled Bron early against you.

I'm up for some practice most nights Jimbo :D I have alot more gaming time now-a-days into the night since Cindy now goes to sleep early.

He probably though you were the previous owner of Bron /the Heat...that guy simply gave it to Bron and got out of the way! :lol: I think 1 game against Ranga Bron took 52 of the teams 80 FGs...but only connected on 16 of them cause Ranga too was zoning and doubling Bron. I suspect that's why he doubled Bron early against you.

I'm up for some practice most nights Jimbo :D I have alot more gaming time now-a-days into the night since Cindy now goes to sleep early.

That'd be great man. I really need to get the jumper down. Considering I took over the team when they were already 1-1 I don't want too many more losses if I want to make the playoffs (preferably with a top 6 seed!).

I'll jump on tonight at some point. Going shopping with my Mum & Sister in the late arvo and evening (IKEA furniture, did you know the store is open till 9!!) but will jump on at 10'ish or whenever I get home.

What a great game this year!

Back
Top Bottom