PS3 NBA2K13 Online Association

Re: PS3 NBA2K11 Online Season

It seems there's a few whiners among us.
The last 2 games I've been accused of 'cheesing' simply because I played a strategic fourth quater and got it inside for high percentage shots. "Perryparsons" just claimed that I scored to much in the paint (48 of 79) and "dogged" my way to a win because I came from behind in the 3rd to take the W. Yet I out rebounded him by 13, he had 16 turnovers, 16 fouls and shot 14/48 from 3. Thats not my fault. I have more important **** to worry about than 13 year olds on the playstation network.

Can we just play ball?
I know you vets from the OG 2k10 league will have my back haha.
Just wanted to vent a little because really this is my time to relax not to *****.
thankyou.

I've checked the results, and after FBP is taken out, you're at 36/79 points in paint with more than 50% shots taken outside the paint. And yeah, it's only logic that you'd look for high percentage shots down the stretch.

I've checked the results, and after FBP is taken out, you're at 36/79 points in paint with more than 50% shots taken outside the paint. And yeah, it's only logic that you'd look for high percentage shots down the stretch.

I had a look at your game against LA, fair enough about going in the paint but looks like your last 11 shots were attempted dunks or layups?
You didn't even try to shoot the ball, I mean you would of have to have forced it into the paint if you had that many attempts in the 4th and that being your last 11 shots, is it really that hard to take a shot. I mean if your here to play and relax why do you care so much about what people say and care so much about the win, if i win and someone complains just forget about it and if your here to have fun play for fun instead of smashing it in the paint every last possession to make sure you win. But yeah whatever doesn't matter dont think a big deal is to be made.

FTR, perry accuses every player of 'dogging' it. You will start to get in front of him and he will pause the game and look at the team stats, then send you a pm saying 'stop dogging it'. I think it is part of his routine, maybe it is OCD that he must do it during every game???

Hey guys...I have just bought this game from dstore.com and it should be here in a couple of days.

Is it possible to join your league?? Or how do i get involved with this??

Hey guys...I have just bought this game from dstore.com and it should be here in a couple of days.

Is it possible to join your league?? Or how do i get involved with this??

Just keep in touch Ben. The league has just started and is full. However, from past experience we will end up replacing a couple of owners based on people who are poor sports or no longer have the time to play or just lose interest or overcommit in multiple leagues.

Add me to your friends list on the PS3 (PSN-Digeze) and we'll see what we can do.

Current Standings-

Ladder Update.jpg

Went down in my only game last night by 8. Was in it most of the way but missed crucial shots when needed. I think I really need to learn to score inside :lol: I find I can't even finish on the break now unless I'm wide open...kind of annoying. At least my D is holding up nicely and I'm now playing 99% on ball D :D

---------- Post added 29-10-2010 at 11:07 AM ----------

Side note, man is OJ Mayo hot OR cold...1st game I couldn't do a thing with him, 6 points on poor shooting. 2nd game, 21 points on great shooting. 3rd game, Goose egg. 0/7 from the field, 0/4 from downtown and I think Michael would agree that the shots I took with him (I clearly didn't force anything with only 7 shots for the game from my star shooter) were good open shots. Kind of weird. Plus side is I found Deng alot more and hit with him. Horford couldn't find it, even missing a dunk, but Randolph was sweet :)

Went down in my only game last night by 8. Was in it most of the way but missed crucial shots when needed. I think I really need to learn to score inside :lol: I find I can't even finish on the break now unless I'm wide open...kind of annoying. At least my D is holding up nicely and I'm now playing 99% on ball D :D

---------- Post added 29-10-2010 at 11:07 AM ----------

Side note, man is OJ Mayo hot OR cold...1st game I couldn't do a thing with him, 6 points on poor shooting. 2nd game, 21 points on great shooting. 3rd game, Goose egg. 0/7 from the field, 0/4 from downtown and I think Michael would agree that the shots I took with him (I clearly didn't force anything with only 7 shots for the game from my star shooter) were good open shots. Kind of weird. Plus side is I found Deng alot more and hit with him. Horford couldn't find it, even missing a dunk, but Randolph was sweet :)

I still remember the Deng buzzer beater 3 ball at the end of the 3rd with Carmelo in his face. Turnovers were really frustrating me, i would be passing it around the outside and then just as i pass it to the guy at the top of the key he decided he is going to run through the key behind some defenders and of course the pass gets picked off. Did it about 4 times, lucky i didn't have my headset on.

I still remember the Deng buzzer beater 3 ball at the end of the 3rd with Carmelo in his face. Turnovers were really frustrating me, i would be passing it around the outside and then just as i pass it to the guy at the top of the key he decided he is going to run through the key behind some defenders and of course the pass gets picked off. Did it about 4 times, lucky i didn't have my headset on.

Yeah I've learnt the hard way from that type of thing to be more careful and instead over dribble the ball before going ahead and passing :lol: You probably noticed that. I think 1 play I was trying to go left with jack and 4 times in a row he got held up by Collison before I finally got fed up and went the other way! :lol: I find my team are very good at playing the passing lanes for a bunch of defensive hacks. I think I need to swicth off ball a little more at times though cause I found Conley wouldn't follow your PG around after I switched from him so you got a couple of PG 3s simply cause he'd lag and try a non-exsistant double team...or get caught up in traffic from you dribbling into your other player with you PG, dishing to him, then popping out the other side. All a learning curb though :) Really enjoying the closeness and the way the half court sets feel in this game. Really makes for a tantelising battle of tit for tat and play running and such. Was loving our closely contested game most of the way. Like Howey said, I play for fun, and am not worried about losing at all. I'd rather have a wicked battle like we had last night than an easy win like I did the previous game against mattbowen. Not that those can't be good for a breather from the hectic-ness of the close games too :) I know why you were getting frustrated at the turnovers, cause every possession counted! It was awesome! Loving the feel of my team, though I admit I think I'd ideally like a defensive athletic C to come off the bench...maybe I'll move/drop Powe...simply cause I like Carney too much to let go :lol: (even though in 2k11 he isn't nearly as effective cause just having speed and hops doesn't mean dunks and scoring in this game...) decisions decisions!

I'm not mate! You're a gun shooter which is hard to stop. At least with the paint attackers you can lock down, but guys who have the floor covered in players that can hit the jumper are hard to shut down, particularly when you're usure when they're going to shoot! I can shoot, but I have very little game in the Iso so can't create shots for myself all that well. But you are the complete package :)

I'm not mate! You're a gun shooter which is hard to stop. At least with the paint attackers you can lock down, but guys who have the floor covered in players that can hit the jumper are hard to shut down, particularly when you're usure when they're going to shoot! I can shoot, but I have very little game in the Iso so can't create shots for myself all that well. But you are the complete package :)

Pretty big compliment, I think theirs a certain few guys that can shoot and create scores pretty easy you being one of them and from who ive played theirs like i said about 5 or 6 more which ill be looking forward to versing and losing too.

Also wheres vivo sorry havent read previous pages but he seems to have gone is he ever getting his ps3 repaired hes like the cornerstone of these leagues, although it does give other people a chance to win :)

Dam just lost my first game!
To clips!
Knew i shouldnt of played him 2 games in a row! haha oh well at least its over with!
Lewis is just ridiculous in this game! Knocking them down with ease with 2 hands in his face!

won my 2nd game, taking me to 2-0
good game against diablo, both my wins have been by 8.
been playing ok but im pretty inconsitent..
can go on huge runs then i can let the opponent back in.
but a wins a win.

Current Standings-

Thanks for attaching that Michael. I was keen to see how you guys are going (since I can't play at the moment) but didn't know what the website was.

On a side note, got my second exam out of four tomorrow, and I finish Monday the 8th November. Then I'll be able to open 2K11 which I get for my birthday (day before my last exam) and smash out some My Player and Online!

Hopefully there is one really inactive member whose spot I can take!

Sounds like you guys are having a ball! :)

P.S. Bit lame to hear about all the "paint" abuse again and again and again. Just make the golden rule less than 70% (or whatever % was decided) for PIP not including FBP and let that be the ultimate measure at the end of the day. Like Ranga and Howie have been saying, let's just play ball. It's also sad when people say "If you just want to play then why do you care about winning so much." I find this statement just plain stupid. People have used it in the past, including saying things like "Man you abused the paint, even if I had beaten you I still would have pointed it out." Really?? Really?? Clearly people play for fun, but everyone likes to win. It's in our nature. Everyone will play differently so if it's under 70% without FBP (or whatever figure is decided) everyone just shutup! :) :lol:

---------- Post added 29-10-2010 at 09:10 PM ----------

Pretty big compliment, I think theirs a certain few guys that can shoot and create scores pretty easy you being one of them and from who ive played theirs like i said about 5 or 6 more which ill be looking forward to versing and losing too.

Also wheres vivo sorry havent read previous pages but he seems to have gone is he ever getting his ps3 repaired hes like the cornerstone of these leagues, although it does give other people a chance to win :)

5 or 6? Come on man, clearly me and Vivo aren't in this league so you must mean 3 or 4 :D

Jokes :lol: But seriously ;)

Cant Beleive i beat Arzbar after being behind on the scoreboard for 31min 57.6 sec
good game Arzbar you were awfully unlucky not to win that one

Back
Top Bottom