Please don't be lazy in packing cards for trading!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Im getting a little sick of dealing with the dreaded white envelope issue where members can't get together the 85 cents or time to get a bubble mailer. If you have to WAIT till you can.

Once again I'll post whats expected in packing and sending cards and its not really hard to do. Negs will start to fly soon about this just to get the point across. Trading here should be pain free and trouble free as its bloody easy to do.

All new members should read this first before sending cards for their first trade. If not followed and problems arise negative feedback will be left and you will be barred from trading. Its easy to prevent though with a few simple steps.

Firsty its not hard. Simply pack cards the way you would like to receive them yourself. Common sense prevails. You wouldn’t like to receive cards lose in a white envelope so don’t do it to someone else.

The preferred method for a couple of cards in to place them in toploaders. Tape the top of the toploader and mail them in a bubble mailer with ‘photos do not bend’ written on it. Don’t know if that makes a difference but it can’t hurt. It also doesn’t hurt to sandwich toploaders between a decoy card or bits of cardboard to eliminate chaces of the card getting damaged.

For a number of cards where you can’t send all in toploaders the cardboard sandwich works best. Put all the cards in sleeves/toploaders and then pack between the cardboard and tape it all up. Just remember anything rigid taped onto the card is your best friend. This will make no real difference in the cost of postage either as its weighs hardly anything at all. Taping around the sides and top helps stop damage to the corners too. No need to tape it all up super tight that damages the cards, just enough to stop movement in the mailer.

For a large number of commons using a box with it packed so cards can’t move is the best idea.

What will not be tolerated.

Sending in a white plain envelopes.
Sending in card savers not toploaders(card savers are the flimsy version of a toploader)
Sending in just penny sleeves.
Cramming more than one card in a holder designed for only one card

If you are unsure how to pack a card/s for trade ask the other trader how they would like it packed. Its not hard to take initiative and do the right thing and problems will be a thing of the past. While we can’t always prevent bad handling from Aussie post this all goes a long way to preventing it happening. If a buble mailer is crushed with all the above precautions taken its put down to just bad luck.

maybe when a new member joins, they automatically recieve a pm from one of the mods with the instructions to read the stickies (esp. the packaging guidelines) and intro themselves. that way there can absolutely no excuses.

I like JZA's idea...and yeh come on guys its $0.85c (less if u buy in bulk or buy them from office works or something)..

Everytime a new member joins i have sent a PM to them requesting a Intro before trading, but from now on ill give them a link to the FAQs Forum where they can view all the info.

Looks like that Hill in your Avatar arrived in the white envelope...

What about when you get sent free stuff mate? And they arrive without Penny Sleeves.....

Well I just completed a trade and received my cards in a plain white envelope......now I have said before - I don't mind this if we have both agreed to this but I was a little annoyed that this was not agreed to or discussed. The cards were received fine and in top loaders & some bubble wrap so no complaints there........but, when you put a 50c stamp on a white envelope it means it goes through the automatic sorter and could get caught in the sorting machine.....unless agreed upon white envelopes should not be used fullstop !!!

Well I just completed a trade and received my cards in a plain white envelope......now I have said before - I don't mind this if we have both agreed to this but I was a little annoyed that this was not agreed to or discussed. The cards were received fine and in top loaders & some bubble wrap so no complaints there........but, when you put a 50c stamp on a white envelope it means it goes through the automatic sorter and could get caught in the sorting machine.....unless agreed upon white envelopes should not be used fullstop !!!

they used toploaders and bubble wrap, dont be such a queen. the bubble wrap would have protected the cards if they went through a sorter.

I'd be annoyed as its not worth risking cards that technically aren't yours when you send them. White envelopes should get nuetral or negative feedback if from members well aware of what we expect in sending cards. Even if you are happy to recieve them in white envelopes please inform the sender they shouldn't as the next trader might not be so lucky.

If they used bubble wrap, what does that cost? $0.20c a piece. So that, and the $0.20 envelop, ad $0.50c stamp..... $0.90 which is $0.95c short of what it takes to send in a bubble mailer.

I think I'm up to the point where I'm sick of reading about members here still using paper envelopes.

I sent a package of a couple of days ago and it cost me $6 something, big deal.

Why oh why are we still reading about members being so f-cking tight when sending cards?? Are they just so ignorant and don't give a f-ck? Is it that they simply don't care for the cards going to a new owner (who, will appreciate them more), or is it that some are just too f-cking lazy?

END RANT....

the small bubble mailers are sorted too.... if you are paying $1 for postage it will fit through the mail sorter and will most likely go through it..... so eh... sending all mail is a risk o fgetting damage dlost.... but do agree white envelopes are a nono

Honestly, I can't fathom that people, regardless if they are members of Ozcards or eBay sellers, or Japanese farmers, dont use bubble mailers:confused:

If you buy it bulk (100), it costs you only 34 dollars, a saving of over 51 bucks from buying them seperatly.

Like Chad said, if you cant get a bubble mailer, wait until you can, most people would rather wait a few more days and have it arrive safely than play Russian Roluette with that deranged drunk that is Australia Post!

I went into the PO a week ago, and got 100 bubble mailers and 50 $1 stamps... big investment for many people at 84 dollars, but now, for the next 50 bubble mailers i have to send, i simply walk to the PO and place it in the mailing box, easy, and saves my time.

Thats just my feelings on the matter, as Im sure that everybody has differing circumstances, but from what I've read this is a fundmental aspect of Ozcards, maybe im wrong, but the majority who have vented their feelings on this thread seem to be in favour of it.

END RANT

There is no if or buts with using white envelopes. It's bubble mailers or nothing.

If members persist in using envelopes, then they will not be members any longer. That's how serious we are about this matter.

There is no if or buts with using white envelopes. It's bubble mailers or nothing.

If members persist in using envelopes, then they will not be members any longer. That's how serious we are about this matter.

The man has spoken....bout time!:p

I just think its funny how serious everyone is about this now, a couple of months ago i recieved several high end autos in a plain envelope with only toploaders and so i immediately negged the person. this created quite the shitstorm, as the majority of people on here thought i was being way too harsh, so i relented and got the neg removed.

Now its like bubble mailers or your banned from ozcards forever!!! :lol:

Wheres this new hardline approach come from?

For the record, and maybe im just a lucky bastard, i dunno, but i have NEVER recieved a damaged card from anyone, on ebay or on ozcards, over a few hundred deals done.

meh, whatever, im happy to bring that rule into force, as ive always used bubble mailers for every deal ive done on here.

I thought it was clear in the guidlines stickyed to the forum?

Even after that and others getting them its still happening and thats why. Mail machines eat cards and I can vouch personally for that. No one wants that to happen at all.

Hill is right. Either do the right thing or go elsewhere ;-) Nothing wrong with a neg if the outcome or procedure is negative.

I thought it was clear in the guidlines stickyed to the forum?

Even after that and others getting them its still happening and thats why. Mail machines eat cards and I can vouch personally for that. No one wants that to happen at all.

Hill is right. Either do the right thing or go elsewhere ;-) Nothing wrong with a neg if the outcome or procedure is negative.

i quite agree, but where was this voice of reason when i dished out a neg and the shit hit the fan?! :roll:

Well in the future just give a neg and no thread JZA. I can't remember the one you are talking about but I've always said to just leave the 'appropiate' feedback for how the deal went. What good is feedback if we don't tell it as it is. The poor next bugger is going to pay as well. All Admins get an email saying a neg has been left and thats it. Then the member will get a PM explaining why and if it continues they are out.

Well in the future just give a neg and no thread JZA. I can't remember the one you are talking about but I've always said to just leave the 'appropiate' feedback for how the deal went. What good is feedback if we don't tell it as it is. The poor next bugger is going to pay as well. All Admins get an email saying a neg has been left and thats it. Then the member will get a PM explaining why and if it continues they are out.

actually all members get an email regarding the neg, not just mods.

Back
Top Bottom