panini 12-13 redemptions and anger!!

Starrscreem

kyrie irving collector
Real Name
James gee
eBay User
Jgee2623
Hey guys I have 2 questions
Firstly does anyone own a totally certified 2012-13 hrx video card??
I am after the kyrie one if anyone has seen one, and are they all redemptions??

But my main question is
Who else is angry at panini for taking so long to honor redemption cards from
12-13 Prizm, Kevin durant
12-13 innovation auto kyrie Irving, auto memorabilia kyrie Irving
12-13 intrigue auto kyrie Irving
Auto memorabilia kyrie Irving
I have these outstanding amongst alot of others and to see new product after new product with these players coming out is so frustrating as I would love to have what I paid for so long ago, it would be heart breaking to get a replacement turn up in the mail as that just wouldn't cut it. And you should be able to choose your replacement not some random replacement of what they think is adequate.
I'm sure there are many others in this same boat.
panini really need to wake up, also since 12-13 onwards I'm so glad I chose to only collect kyrie irving rookie cards as panini has killed the hobby with multiple copies and printing plates its relentless.12-13 was the last year of a decent amount of variations Imo.

1 last thing I clearly lied about only having two things to say haha I just gotta get it all of my chest, I would love each the idea of some how knowing if a product still had left in it to hit giving reason to buy product after its release say Eg.
Panini 12-13 base
Anthony davis/kyrie Irving spokesman signatures card #/5
Never seen this card would love it but who knows if they have all been hit or is there still one out there to break, a case of 12 box's is a little over $300us but why bother if you shooting blind, I wish panini would help the collector out abit more, I mean buy doing this they would lose sales from specific people once there where no hits they are after to aquire but seriously how much is enough profit??, if they looked after the customer I think they would do better in the long run.
Also if there was still the hit there it would keep sales going Evan well after release!!

Last edited:
With your question as to the limited Davis/Irving auto .... it's like this. I have the same issue with 1995 Signature Rookies Kromax Super Acrylium Auto of Patrick Ewing (hand #'d to 33). The card was definitely made and signed - this was confirmed by Signature Rookies. But there has been little to no secondary market info. I put it down to this - even back then, people knew of Ewing's policy of signing in limited quantities when he did sign, so - like him or hate him - people were keeping the card when/if they pulled it. If any made it to the secondary market, there weren't enough out there to garner a stable price. Either those two options, or the cards just haven't come out of packs yet. Same scenarios apply to the davis/irving dual auto.

How on earth do you expect panini could ever be able to tell what cards have been pulled from a certain product? I really don't think you thought that one through....
Surely they could track what card is in what pbox/case etc it's like lotto, they know exactly how many winning rickets are out there and where the winner is sold!!

Wouldn't be great for business if Panini went around telling people if it was worth buying their products or not.

The lotto analogy is flawed. Simple numerical data being registered with the system at purchase is not the same as cataloging the entire packout of a card release.

Plus if that information were to get out, case breakers would have a field day offloading unwanted dud boxes.

But yeah, f*** redemptions. A blight upon the hobby.

Surely they could track what card is in what pbox/case etc it's like lotto, they know exactly how many winning rickets are out there and where the winner is sold!!
Can you fathom the amount of work that would go in to recording every single hit from every single box of every single product? Sure, it's possible, but incredibly unreasonable to expect any company to do. Panini are a business, you described this yourself as "giving reason to buy product after its release". Why on Earth would they, or any company in the world, ever want to give someone a reason to NOT buy their product??

And in practice, most of the boxes Panini sells go through a secondary dealer, like a card shop or group breaker, so you'd have to expect every single seller to tell Panini about every box that they sell. Most companies are sitting on multiple cases of each product, waiting for someone to buy it, so Panini can't just say "yeah, the box with card X in it has been sold to someone", without complete compliance and records from every seller out there

Can you fathom the amount of work that would go in to recording every single hit from every single box of every single product? Sure, it's possible, but incredibly unreasonable to expect any company to do. Panini are a business, you described this yourself as "giving reason to buy product after its release". Why on Earth would they, or any company in the world, ever want to give someone a reason to NOT buy their product??

And in practice, most of the boxes Panini sells go through a secondary dealer, like a card shop or group breaker, so you'd have to expect every single seller to tell Panini about every box that they sell. Most companies are sitting on multiple cases of each product, waiting for someone to buy it, so Panini can't just say "yeah, the box with card X in it has been sold to someone", without complete compliance and records from every seller out there

Hmm seems like I was over optimistic I guess lol,
Would be nice to no but seems very unrealistic.

As for the redemptions ahhhhh,
How can they produce cards with there signatures in 14-15 and gave out standing ones from 12-13!!!

I have a kyrie 13-14 crusade redemption outstanding "luckily" it has only been 3 months but after checking the redemption update each week Im resigned to the fact it is not coming :( I'll just have to wait for Panini to choose what they think I deserve

I have a kyrie 13-14 crusade redemption outstanding "luckily" it has only been 3 months but after checking the redemption update each week Im resigned to the fact it is not coming :( I'll just have to wait for Panini to choose what they think I deserve
You'll probably get that I'm 2017 haha I got some over 2 years old with panini still waiting

You'll probably get that I'm 2017 haha I got some over 2 years old with panini still waiting
:D This was my first redemption with panini, the only other one I had was UD and that was 6 weeks done and dusted. Do you know if it makes any difference with the 4 month and 8 month options for replacements? Obviously if your still waiting Panini don't care about that???

:D This was my first redemption with panini, the only other one I had was UD and that was 6 weeks done and dusted. Do you know if it makes any difference with the 4 month and 8 month options for replacements? Obviously if your still waiting Panini don't care about that???
Panini I guess are doing the best they can, but maybe they need to scrap the redemptions and get cards signed the players have contracts with panini so I can't see why they can't get em all sign
One would hope that panini are trying to do the best they can but when they make so many products and range of sports it must be hard for them to keep up I guess

Panini have not released the 12/13 HRX Kyrie Irving card as yet I still have one at redemption since March last year. Yes March last year.

I also have two Durant autos and a nice /5 Michael Carter Williams RC Auto been waiting over 6 months for and longer we no reply! Just keep getting told it's pending etc etc. Sick of the bullcrap from their redemptions and got a less than happy response from Panini Customer Service yesterday on twitter. Seems I hit a button and sick of the way they treat collectors.

Told them I'm happy to bust products but don't expect the cash until all those redemptions are filled especially when the player is Kevin Durant and have released about 200 autos of him since the two I busted!

I will not be busting anymore Panini America products anymore, certainly not going to support them in the hobby when they have such distaste for collector's just wanting their cards.

Replacement should definitely be allowed to be chosen, not just a random crap card. I feel your frustration @Starrscreem

I'm sick of paninis lack of focus with redemptions... I have had a rose gu/auto /5 from gold standard 10/11 take over 2 and half years to come and have some hardens that are 12 months plus and have requested replacements and get ignored... 12/13 products had way too many redemptions

Back
Top Bottom