Official Tap N Play 2017/18 Ashes Release Thread

I really liked the look of the National Pride cards, and predictors looked amazing. Rivalries looked ok too. Milestones were very plain, and Portraits didn't do anything for me. Given the price at $7 a pack it puts it in the high end category, i would have liked some of the other inserts to be individually numbered, just the one numbered card per box with a price tag of $7 probably isn't enough in my opinion.

Nice looking redemption card Tap n Play just posted on Facebook.

8E27CAC9-9612-442B-89F7-97A7454C3FF9.jpeg

It really irks me that so many of the English cards have photoshopped images on them rather than legitimate action shots...

What I was told was this had to be done due to a change in kit sponsor......they couldn't have the old images on the cards.

I had an email from Neil at Tap N Play regarding questions raised about the pricing of the product.

The pricing for the Ashes Series is higher than normal but is purely reflective of the value on offer for the small 300 case release The combined English & Aust license for the players and the cost of having big name signatures from both teams in every 2nd box (or 48 packs against 120 packs as std) and it was more expensive to organise.

Instead of one license (thru Cricket Australia) there are four licensed contracts required to cover; Bradman (his Foundation), CA, ECB and Lords (who own the rights to the Ashes Urn) - without Lords’ permission and license you can not use an image of the Urn.

As mentioned - The Ashes Trading Card is only a 300 case (limited) release and given the advanced order quantities, will definitely sell out before the end of summer.

I had an email from Neil at Tap N Play regarding questions raised about the pricing of the product.

As mentioned - The Ashes Trading Card is only a 300 case (limited) release and given the advanced order quantities, will definitely sell out before the end of summer 2097.

Fixed it for him! Out of curiosity has any TNP release ever sold out? I recalling on another thread that you mentioned that only 30-40% of stock ever gets sold.

Back
Top Bottom