NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was disappointed to hear Nine news broadcasting the news as Thaiday had been sacked as captain.

Depending on what you saw gave two very different stories.
The Channel 9 story was basically saying he got sacked, whereas in the Broncos media release Sam basically said after much thought after the World Cup he sat down with Griffin and decided that for the benefit of the team it would be better for him to relinquish the captaincy. After seeing the Broncos one in the morning and then the Ch 9 one on the 6pm news you could be forgiven for thinking you were hearing a different story.

Depending on what you saw gave two very different stories.
The Channel 9 story was basically saying he got sacked, whereas in the Broncos media release Sam basically said after much thought after the World Cup he sat down with Griffin and decided that for the benefit of the team it would be better for him to relinquish the captaincy. After seeing the Broncos one in the morning and then the Ch 9 one on the 6pm news you could be forgiven for thinking you were hearing a different story.
Exactly. I watched the press release at work and watched the ch9 news at 6. Ch9 made it sound like he had been stripped of captaincy. Not what actually happend

From what's been quoted Griffin asked Thaiday to step down as captain, and Thaiday agreed.

"The coach thought it best for myself and my team if I don't have added responsibility of captain," Thaiday told reporters on Friday.

"This is my 11th season with the club and I have every intention of staying here.

"This was a team decision and I'm a team man.

"I'm looking forward to getting back to play the best football I can play.

"I still want to play that leadership role and, just because I don't have that title, won't stop me."

Doesn't sound like he's wearing it as his decision.

So I can see how they spin it as THAIDAY SACKED, BRONCOS IN TURMOIL!

DYbtthB.png

James Roberts breaks his ankle in pre season training....was really hoping he would carve up at the 9's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom