NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how he can use the get out clause. It was relating to his dad's health. If he wanted to use it he shouldn't have kept flying his dad down to Canberra during the season then go to England for 5 or 6 weeks with a stop over in Samoa on the way home. If his dad was that sick he shouldn't have been doing all that.

I agree with not keeping him here for 2014 but I think he should be made to sit out the season if he wants out. What's the use of contracts if the NRL keep letting players like him, Barba, Dugan etc walk out of them?

IMO, transfer fees are a waste of time. You can't do anything with the extra money with the salary cap in place. The only club it would benefit in this case would be Brisbane.
I have to disagree, if milford refuses to play in 2014 then his contract with brisbane should not be registered until he fulfills his contract with canberra. He understood what the contract would entail him to commit to when he signed the for canberra, therefore he should fulfill it. If he sits out in 2014 I hope the NRL steps in or Raiders take Milford to court for breach. I am sick of players thinking they are bigger then the sport.

I cant really feel bad for the clubs here. Its all good when its the club getting rid of players but the moan when a player wants out.

In saying that though the poor old Raiders have been royally screwed over past fews years!

I have to disagree, if milford refuses to play in 2014 then his contract with brisbane should not be registered until he fulfills his contract with canberra. He understood what the contract would entail him to commit to when he signed the for canberra, therefore he should fulfill it. If he sits out in 2014 I hope the NRL steps in or Raiders take Milford to court for breach. I am sick of players thinking they are bigger then the sport.
Should we kick SBW and Lyon out of the comp while where at it?

And in yet another twist to the Milford saga his manager, Sam Ayoub has advised Canberra Milford will at with them in 2014 as per his contract. Apparently Canberra only released the statement on Wednesday saying Milford would be there in 2014 after it was approved by Ayoub and the Brisbane CEO was made aware!!

I don't see how he can use the get out clause. It was relating to his dad's health. If he wanted to use it he shouldn't have kept flying his dad down to Canberra during the season then go to England for 5 or 6 weeks with a stop over in Samoa on the way home. If his dad was that sick he shouldn't have been doing all that.

I agree with not keeping him here for 2014 but I think he should be made to sit out the season if he wants out. What's the use of contracts if the NRL keep letting players like him, Barba, Dugan etc walk out of them?

IMO, transfer fees are a waste of time. You can't do anything with the extra money with the salary cap in place. The only club it would benefit in this case would be Brisbane.

Do what the Dragons did with Tallis (1996), Bronco's signed him even though he was contracted to the Dragons, we refused to give him a release, he sooked and sat out the season, he missed out on playing the GF that year, it has been rumoured that the Bronco's paid his salary that year (wink wink).... seems a common theme with the Bronco's..

Do what the Dragons did with Tallis (1996), Bronco's signed him even though he was contracted to the Dragons, we refused to give him a release, he sooked and sat out the season, he missed out on playing the GF that year, it has been rumoured that the Bronco's paid his salary that year (wink wink).... seems a common theme with the Bronco's..
I'm sure he wouldn't have been too disappointed in missing out on losing the 96 grand final when he won 3 of the next 4 at Brisbane.

I can't wait for the Rugby League World Cup Final to start, who do you think will win and why?

wtf are they playing at Old Trafford?!? It's only 105m long

and now Morris has hurt himself.

Couldn't get Twickenham?

EDIT: and now Manu eats concrete. :eek:

Last edited:
heard cam smith to the broncs is a done deal. which i thought was bullshit but was going to put a few bob on sports bets $3.30 will he stay or will he go and its been taken down so maybe there is some merit to it?

Do the Donkeys have a separate salary cap ledger just like the Storm in the bad old days under Wally Waldron, can't see why they are pursuing a player on top $$$ in the twilight of his career unless Cameron is prepared to take a pay cut and wants to do what all Queenslanders do, return home and scrounge out some extra cash before they retire!.

Do the Donkeys have a separate salary cap ledger just like the Storm in the bad old days under Wally Waldron, can't see why they are pursuing a player on top $$$ in the twilight of his career unless Cameron is prepared to take a pay cut and wants to do what all Queenslanders do, return home and scrounge out some extra cash before they retire!.

We have an unfair advantage over the other 15 clubs because our players are able to get massive dollars in 3rd party endorsements that don't come under the cap. A player like Smith could make a fortune on 3rd party deals in Brisbane and could end up making easy over a mil a year and only have 700,000k or 800,000k under the actual cap.

Wouldn't read to much into the rumor though. He doesn't get back from London till tomorrow so I doubt his signed anything.

^ this is correct its how they kept lockyer on ridiculously low money for so much of his contract

tim molten out for 6 months. Injuried while training.

Got a text around mid day from my son, terrible news for a bloke who has has a couple of serious knee injuries in the past, plus Ben Murdoch-Masilla broke his leg in the RLWC so it's not a great start to pre-season training, chin up young men, it's still early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom