NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am obviously missing something but how are Brisbane aloud to speak with and announce the signing of a player still under contract? For starters I thought it had to be 1/12 at a minimum before any clubs could chat to a player

Luke Turner is legend

2u8e9ok.jpg

I think he is referring to the Milford deal which was definitely done months ago
The 2014 NRL draw is to be released on Wednesday.
lololol sorry boys, trust ricky stuart to go off early

milford happy to sit the year out. told the club he wont be back, and the fact that theyve gone of early is the final straw haha

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bo...the-club-in-2014/story-fndv2wef-1226770827302

the whole ordeal is hilarious just quietly.

maybe it isnt about the money for him, if hes turned down 700k a year for 3 years at canberra, he must really want to go back home.

lololol sorry boys, trust ricky stuart to go off early

milford happy to sit the year out. told the club he wont be back, and the fact that theyve gone of early is the final straw haha

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bo...the-club-in-2014/story-fndv2wef-1226770827302

the whole ordeal is hilarious just quietly.

I think Milford needs to talk to his manager. He was in the news yesterday saying he was staying because they don't want to go through a long and disruptive legal battle to get out of it.

I think Milford needs to talk to his manager. He was in the news yesterday saying he was staying because they don't want to go through a long and disruptive legal battle to get out of it.

i just read that he's still certain that he has a get out clause, although if he did i cant see why the whole process hasn't been sorted already. anyway just let him go, theres no use keeping someone who doesnt want to be there, im sure brisbane will be happy to pay some sort of a transfer fee.

I don't see how he can use the get out clause. It was relating to his dad's health. If he wanted to use it he shouldn't have kept flying his dad down to Canberra during the season then go to England for 5 or 6 weeks with a stop over in Samoa on the way home. If his dad was that sick he shouldn't have been doing all that.

I agree with not keeping him here for 2014 but I think he should be made to sit out the season if he wants out. What's the use of contracts if the NRL keep letting players like him, Barba, Dugan etc walk out of them?

IMO, transfer fees are a waste of time. You can't do anything with the extra money with the salary cap in place. The only club it would benefit in this case would be Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom