NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it happened in October. So he was an Eel for sure. ;-)

If you read the article in the Telecrap he's been hard done by, harassed by the member of the opposite sex who he was familiar with and all he did was push her away, however her father is a high ranking member of the police and obviously has some pull when it comes to trivial matters.

If you read the article in the Telecrap he's been hard done by, harassed by the member of the opposite sex who he was familiar with and all he did was push her away, however her father is a high ranking member of the police and obviously has some pull when it comes to trivial matters.

Nah, wasn't having a go at him at all. Don't know anything about the story other than brief bit I read on SMH last night and I didn't really pay particular attention to it. Just trolling with the 'oh he was an Eels player, not a Souths player...'

yeah looks like a good young player, did well for me supercoach too !

He's in my team as well.

Hopefully he's not like many a player who plays exceptional when looking for a contract and then becomes average once the deals done, Topou and She Rex are two who come to mind.

Apparently the Sharks offer wasn't too far behind at $750k a year plus car and they also signed his brother as a bonus.

money hungry, ohwell cant blame him one bad injury and its all over, may as well make every cent while you can. all the best at the dogs i dont think he can help them anyway there outside backs are shithouse, and the hookers past it, unless they ended up getting lichha and hiku to?

Dogs will have an awesome pack with Fifita but sadly I think it will mean Graham will go. I agree with Girds in that the Dogs backs are impotent ATM. I hope it changes. Ennis has indicated he wants to finish his career with the Dogs but no news of contract extensions yet and Pritchard named as co-captain??? Is this part of a succession plan and Ennis gets a$$holed?

Benji actually left for less money... But longer term.
He has been granted a conditional release, and could possibly come back to the NRL, in 2016... When the contract he walked out on expires!!
He has been bad for 2 yrs before now. who do you think will want him in another 2??

Talking about players leaving clubs for bigger money, how good is Benji going with the rah rah's.

Cant even crack the bench.......:rofl:

The Penrith Panthers have released promising speedster James Roberts after a string of alcohol-related off-field misdemeanours. The NRL's Integrity Unit is investigating.
Roberts, who won the Jack Gibson medal as the best player in the under-20's grand final last year, has been released from the first year of a new two-year contract but it is understood the NRL is in no rush to clear him to play for another club.
Roberts was sleeping in his car when he joined the Panthers at the start of 2013 after he was released by South Sydney in 2012 for another alcohol-related misdemeanour.
It had been hoped Roberts had got his life back on track at the Panthers, but, despite enormous potential as a footballer, he was unable to fulfil his commitments at the club.
Advertisement <iframe id="dcAd-1-4" src="http://ad-apac.doubleclick.net/N641...ticle;pos=3;sz=300x250;tile=4;ord=9.735105E7?" width='300' height='250' scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"> </iframe>
The club feared he would go off the rails after breaking his ankle at training in January, which limited his time at training and around the club.
The decision by the Panthers to offload Roberts was made on Thursday, with the club releasing a statement of Friday night announcing the termination of his contract.
"Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss has today informed player James Roberts that the club would be releasing him from his contract, effective immediately," the statement said.
"The club will not be making any further comment on the issue, other than to say Panthers has no objection whatsoever to James joining another NRL club to pursue his dream of a rugby league career. We wish James all the best for the future

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/james-roberts-released-by-penrith-panthers-over-offfield-incidents-20140314-hviwd.html#ixzz2vwQLCDi5

From another source...
"I've had a tip that Tim grant could be released to the Dragons this year. Manly have inquired but the source said there is no money left at manly. Apparently there is a real divide at Penrith and Gould doesn't rate him. Grant is on a bit at penrith and he realises he won't get that money elsewhere. He is hoping to get out and penrith pay the compensation to sweeten the deal. As far fetched as this may seem he couldn't be closer relation to grant and is a genuine bloke. We are definitely going there"

can tell you grant has been offered the same cash elsewhere when hes contract ends, but for the two years hes still contracted at penrith the other club wants penrith to pay half of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom