NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies: Croker did also break Raiders points scoring record.

I hope he plays in a successful Raiders team in his career, he deserves it.
I REALLY do not want croker to break El Masri's Point scoring record. My opinion is that El Masri deserves more recognition for what he did throughout his career which was like 1 rep game for the blues and maybe a few for australia.

Apologies: Croker did also break Raiders points scoring record.

I hope he plays in a successful Raiders team in his career, he deserves it.

Wonderful club man, quality bloke and player. He is only 25, nearly 200 NRL games and barring injury will break the NRL point scoring record.

I REALLY do not want croker to break El Masri's Point scoring record. My opinion is that El Masri deserves more recognition for what he did throughout his career which was like 1 rep game for the blues and maybe a few for australia.

Why? he was never anywhere near the best winger or fullback in the competition, he was a great goal kicker and a respectable NRL player but that is about it. I would place him in the same category as Halligan and Taylor. Well below the likes of Johns and Cronin who were not only great kickers but with out doubt the best players in their positions while playing and arguably the best of all time.
If Cronin had moved to Sydney earlier in his career he would have scored over 3000 points. He was 26 when he started playing in Sydney, had already played 8 seasons of grade in the bush and had been in the Aus test team for 3 years.

Why? he was never anywhere near the best winger or fullback in the competition, he was a great goal kicker and a respectable NRL player but that is about it. I would place him in the same category as Halligan and Taylor. Well below the likes of Johns and Cronin who were not only great kickers but with out doubt the best players in their positions while playing and arguably the best of all time.
If Cronin had moved to Sydney earlier in his career he would have scored over 3000 points. He was 26 when he started playing in Sydney, had already played 8 seasons of grade in the bush and had been in the Aus test team for 3 years.
Wasn't saying he was the best at this position, but definitely highly reliable and probably a bit better earlier in his career. He too could have scored 3000 points if he kicked from the beginning of the career.

And its not like croker is the best centre in the game either, so in many ways he is a bit like el masri

And a majority of cronin's tries would of been only worth 3 points

He also had to kick an old leather football that were a lot harder to kick then the modern day footballs

And its not like croker is the best centre in the game either, so in many ways he is a bit like el masri
Croker is a better finisher and can set up his wing quite well.

The advantage el Masri had was that he spent the majority of his career in a high performing side where croker has really never had that luxury

I've always wanted to add up minutes played.

Someone like a bob McCarthy or norm proven who played 80 minutes every week. Compared to 300 game interchange era Hindy, Parker etc. It would be interesting to compare.

Off topic. Sorry.

Croker is a better finisher and can set up his wing quite well.

The advantage el Masri had was that he spent the majority of his career in a high performing side where croker has really never had that luxury

Yes but still, some of El Masri's goal kicking and skills are remarkable especially in his early years. It is very hard to find highlights of him from the early 2000's

I would imagine that cronin's percentages would be quite a bit lower then el Masri, crokers and Halligans but the footballs these guys get to kick in the modern days are much easier to kick.

Only Club Mathces:
Hazem El Masri is at 81.97% through his entire career.
Johnathon Thurston is at 78.88% through his entire career up to 2015.

Can't open rugby leauge project but heard Halligan is at 80 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom