NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already talk that we will re-sign Corey Norman and sign his housemate, James segeyaro for 2017.

How that could work will receive plenty of scrutiny, given there can't be much room in the salary sombrero.

Norman will obviously be up for a substantial upgrade and Seggy wouldn't be cheap I suppose the $750k from Watmough will be where the cash comes from.

Apart from De Gois / Norman / Gordon the players off contract are all pretty much nuffies (minimum wagers) so moving them on wont free up much cash. Actually from what I recall of De Gois's mid season move last year I think he is on pretty low dollars as well.

Off contract;
Mitch Cornish, Bureta Faraimo, Tyrell Fuimaono, James Hasson, Luke Kelly, Cameron King, Ryan Morgan, Kieren Moss, Cody Nelson, Rory O'Brien, Scott Schulte, Kelepi Tanginoa, Vai Toutai, Honeti Tuha, Joseph Ualesi, Danny Wicks, Matthew Woods

Luke Kelly is on $250,000 and I can't see us re-signing him, afew players we off-loaded to other clubs contracts finish at the end of the year so we won't be paying their contract anymore. Soo Gutted Peats is no longer with Parra :cry: The way he has been treated is absolutely appalling :mad: the baord should get the worse punishment handed to them

Luke Kelly is on $250,000 and I can't see us re-signing him, afew players we off-loaded to other clubs contracts finish at the end of the year so we won't be paying their contract anymore. Soo Gutted Peats is no longer with Parra :cry: The way he has been treated is absolutely appalling :mad: the baord should get the worse punishment handed to them

Kelly is not on $250K. He is top 25 but at the bottom. He was resigned because he played so many games last year the he would have appeared in this years cap so you resign this type of player. Say the NRL says he is to be included in next years cap at say $50K and you say we will give you a contract Luke for $90k in reality he is costing $40k in the scheme of things, where if say Cornish was in your top 25 @ $90k your back up half is costing you $140k in the scheme of things. Feel sorry for Luke. Probably a career ending injury. Good clubman and hard worker at training. Too good at NSW cup but not good enough at NRL. Good humble guy too

Kelly is not on $250K. He is top 25 but at the bottom. He was resigned because he played so many games last year the he would have appeared in this years cap so you resign this type of player. Say the NRL says he is to be included in next years cap at say $50K and you say we will give you a contract Luke for $90k in reality he is costing $40k in the scheme of things, where if say Cornish was in your top 25 @ $90k your back up half is costing you $140k in the scheme of things. Feel sorry for Luke. Probably a career ending injury. Good clubman and hard worker at training. Too good at NSW cup but not good enough at NRL. Good humble guy too
Sorry was something I was told when we re-signed him, are you going to the game tomorrow?

Last edited:
Far out. I was completely unaware there was a game tonight coz I was too busy studying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom