NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carney could have been anything. If he wasn't such a douche off the field he would developed into an excellent 6
No doubting his talent but not worth carrying the baggage that goes with him.

I want to know why Catalans let him go sounds like he is still very loose off field

Dave Taylor given a train and trial contract with Canberra...........

Geez what a huge pack if he gets it together.

Ross

Dave Taylor given a train and trial contract with Canberra...........

Geez what a huge pack if he gets it together.

Ross
Was reading NRL could prevent any contract going through. As the trial contact would be paid based on the minimum $80,000 contract but the NRL are saying it is below "market value" and he is worth more as a former State of Origin and Test representative. I think that is stupid as we know buying and selling cards market value is based on the market not the perceived value one would have. If other clubs are offering more than yes it is below market value if this is the only offer than that is the market value. If the NRL don't approve the contract they could essentially be forcing a player to be "unemployed" for no reason than they feel he should be paid more.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/2e1cdcb89d611a9bcfd213605ca1bcdc

Also raises questions about the supposed $100,000 deal Benji is doing with the Broncos as a former New Zealand captain wouldn't that put $100,000 as possibly below "market value".

^^^^The link above is to subscription content so we cant see it.

Then there is Thaiday's apparent $200k pay cut as well.

Broncos already have an unfair market advantage yet nothing seems to get said or done about their rorting

Ross

Then there is Thaiday's apparent $200k pay cut as well.

Broncos already have an unfair market advantage yet nothing seems to get said or done about their rorting

Ross
May depend on what Thaiday's $200k pay cut dropped him too. Based on the article "market value" is $400,000 so if he was on $600,000 before the drop would still leave him at the supposed market value.

Don't know how much "rorting" they have been doing but if the NRL signs off on it then it's not really rorting.

I think every club rorts the cap in someway, some clubs just disguise it better. With the teams that made a strong resurgence to the 8 this year and the former powerhouses who missed out the cap must be working to some extent.

I would still like to see discounts for juniors and one club players. For example, if you are a club junior and you play 100 games for that club 10% from the cap and so on.

The game could get another black eye though if they register Benji to Brisbane on 100k and put Dave Taylor's market value at 300k

I think every club rorts the cap in someway, some clubs just disguise it better. With the teams that made a strong resurgence to the 8 this year and the former powerhouses who missed out the cap must be working to some extent.

I would still like to see discounts for juniors and one club players. For example, if you are a club junior and you play 100 games for that club 10% from the cap and so on.

The game could get another black eye though if they register Benji to Brisbane on 100k and put Dave Taylor's market value at 300k
The consistencies within the NRL gotta love em!!!!

Don't question the method behind the madness of John Grant and Todd Greenburg, they are as hopeless as each other.

It is being reported:

"POLICE are raiding the homes of NRL player agents Wayne Beavis and Sam Ayoub as part of ongoing investigations into salary cap breaches at the Parramatta Eels football club.

Officers from the NSW Fraud and Cybercrime Squad are currently carrying out search warrants at homes in Leichhardt, Woollahra, and a business premises in the CBD, police officials said.

No arrests are expected, but officials confirmed the searches were being conducted in relation to Strike Force Rhodium, the unit tasked with investigating salary cap breaches at the Eels club........."

I hope they bring this to conclusion quickly or we might see another Parra disaster after a successful start to a season.

Given Parra's form over the last few years I wouldn't bet against another disaster. :whistle:

It is being reported:

"POLICE are raiding the homes of NRL player agents Wayne Beavis and Sam Ayoub as part of ongoing investigations into salary cap breaches at the Parramatta Eels football club.

Officers from the NSW Fraud and Cybercrime Squad are currently carrying out search warrants at homes in Leichhardt, Woollahra, and a business premises in the CBD, police officials said.

No arrests are expected, but officials confirmed the searches were being conducted in relation to Strike Force Rhodium, the unit tasked with investigating salary cap breaches at the Eels club........."

I hope they bring this to conclusion quickly or we might see another Parra disaster after a successful start to a season.

Given Parra's form over the last few years I wouldn't bet against another disaster. :whistle:
Even if it was to blow up again, there is one thing you cant take away from us in the 2016 season, despite all the rubbish going on we still turned up to play every week.

Some clubs didn't!!!

Even if it was to blow up again, there is one thing you cant take away from us in the 2016 season, despite all the rubbish going on we still turned up to play every week.

Some clubs didn't!!!

Thought this might flush you out. ;)

I don't remember any forfeits last season...... so technically all teams turned up to play. :)

It will probably be like the Storm saga, with players saying "Oh I thought the boat, caravan and shopping vouchers for my girlfriend that just turned up where part of my contract" and the NRL then doing nothing........again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom