NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep the Cutters are a better team than the Mounties.....as proven on the weekend. ;)

I heard Vaughan was pushed out of the club because if he played any more first grade it would have activated a clause in his contract that would have substantially increased his base salary. Apparently this is also the reason he missed selection in the team so much through the season.

The question is though can he play half back?

Cheers
Ross
Was sitting there watching the Cutters edge out the Dragons second feeder club Mounties on Sunday and I was thinking to myself - how many of these Mounties will be in red and white next year?

All Dragons coaching staff were there, and for the second year running the Mounties were the best team all year in the NSW cup and left without a premiership.

How ironic would it be if Sam Williams went back to the dragons next year after he was pushed out when we signed Benji, only to go back when Benji was not re signed.

Yep the Cutters are a better team than the Mounties.....as proven on the weekend. ;)

I heard Vaughan was pushed out of the club because if he played any more first grade it would have activated a clause in his contract that would have substantially increased his base salary. Apparently this is also the reason he missed selection in the team so much through the season.

The question is though can he play half back?

Cheers
Ross

Cheers for the explanation, seems pretty consistent with a few articles I read, cap issues forcing him out as opposed to being unwanted.

Big loss, I rate him highly. I wonder if Drags payed overs? A few people are suggesting 600k, surely not per season.

I doubt Sammy would go back after how he was forced out last time. They do have their eye on Carney, wonder if the NRL would let him back

Cheers for the explanation, seems pretty consistent with a few articles I read, cap issues forcing him out as opposed to being unwanted.

Big loss, I rate him highly. I wonder if Drags payed overs? A few people are suggesting 600k, surely not per season.

I doubt Sammy would go back after how he was forced out last time. They do have their eye on Carney, wonder if the NRL would let him back

The Vaughan deal is not a done deal with talk Titans / Knights very keen as well. I would imagine Canberra will be footing part of the bill as he is still contracted down there next season.

As for Sammy yep I'm sure he would prefer to stay and Captain Mounties rather than have a real chance at playing first grade.

I've heard the Carney rumour as well and as the Catalans have let him and he has no where to play in 2017 I'm sure some NRL club is thinking he would be a good buy, I'm not sure it would be a good buy for us though.

Ross

I would hate to see Sammy go but would prefer him to play regular first grade than be selfish and have him as a backup half.

I meant he would be reluctant because last time they signed him he was barely given an opportunity, 4 games I think and replaced by Michael Witt and then forced out altogether when Benji came on board

Uate joins Manly, Buhrer joins Knights what do people think of the player swap for each club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom