No MORE Upper Deck group buys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
I've had enough of this mob :mad: There total disregard for collectors and the hobby not to mention there cutting out internet stores is the last straw.

They continually change product, lie, don't deliver products on time, shortchange collectors on boxes and redemptions, don't have any sort of decent customer service, bring out more and more product and push the higher end of the market constantly and constantly disapoint collectors here.

I understand that busting boxes is taking a chance but with upper deck unless you buy the high end you just get screwed mostly and even then they are ruining their high end with player selection.

Their monopoly of the market will get no support by me and i hope a lot of collectors also vote with their wallets as well.

From now on only sourcing of non UD products. Lets hope topps gets HUGE and takes them over one day and rights the wrongs currently being done in the hobby.

This Fleer fiasco was the last straw. Such a let down and outright trickery!

Chad.

yep fully with you on this one chad. busted mant a ud box and had one or 2 decent breaks. the fleer job they did in one perspective was great. they marketed the sh*t out of it to make it really good.

to bad it wasnt.

topps all the way

I gave up on UD boxes a few years back when I busted some UD Glass and got shafted. Upper Deck is really "Hit or Shit".

I want to take it one further and say that UD is banned from being mentioned on this internet site. If they don't want to sell their products on the internet (where else are we supposed to buy their shitty product?) then we won't even mention them. I'll think of some really nice word replacement for them - ie if someone types Upper Deck i'll have the system replace it with "Shitty Deck" :lol: Suggestions are welcome!

UD is my number 1 choice for now, but if they dont want to sell their products online, then topps all the way for sure.

how about we as a group send them an online petition/email stating all 400 members are not going to be buying there boxes because of this and the fact that there products and customer service is totally unacceptable.

I am definitely for boycotting them this is craphouse and I have had three disappointing box breaks in my time and they have all been UD product!

Did this yesterday, get with the times people! :D

Even though my letter most likely will NOT be getting a response, it made me feel a hell of a lot better! I propose everybody have a go at writing a letter! :D

I'm all in. Anyway we can also boycott Aust Post?? :D

I think I'm gonna have to order a Topps box soon, I feel all dirty after opening that Fleer box. I need cleansing.

Did this yesterday, get with the times people! :D

Even though my letter most likely will NOT be getting a response, it made me feel a hell of a lot better! I propose everybody have a go at writing a letter! :D

cant we write a group/forum letter?

I've already been in contact with Chris Carlin and as far as fleer is we are basically screwed. He is aware with most of the problems but they are all just passed along. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Well, i just wanted to know UD's solution that can be made to ban internet sites sales???

They can't virtually open shops across the world, where Philippines, Hong Kong and Australia, that the cards collectors are too far from the states..and big volume of cards are attracting..

please LMK..

Yeah, ive been against UD for some time, and that pathetic fleer product was the last straw. Press Pass and Topps all the way for me!!!!

I've had enough of this mob :mad: There total disregard for collectors and the hobby not to mention there cutting out internet stores is the last straw.

They continually change product, lie, don't deliver products on time, shortchange collectors on boxes and redemptions, don't have any sort of decent customer service, bring out more and more product and push the higher end of the market constantly and constantly disapoint collectors here.

I understand that busting boxes is taking a chance but with upper deck unless you buy the high end you just get screwed mostly and even then they are ruining their high end with player selection.

Their monopoly of the market will get no support by me and i hope a lot of collectors also vote with their wallets as well.

From now on only sourcing of non UD products. Lets hope topps gets HUGE and takes them over one day and rights the wrongs currently being done in the hobby.

This Fleer fiasco was the last straw. Such a let down and outright trickery!

Chad.

Yup - I am with you there Chad $%#@ Upper Deck !

Not to be the one to fly the flag for UD, but they do have a few features that other brands don't have, like on-card autos, and they do have a great stable of UD spokesmen.

But yeah, definitely will shy away from UD boxes/packs when there's a comparable brand around.

I want to take it one further and say that UD is banned from being mentioned on this internet site. If they don't want to sell their products on the internet (where else are we supposed to buy their shitty product?) then we won't even mention them. I'll think of some really nice word replacement for them - ie if someone types Upper Deck i'll have the system replace it with "Shitty Deck" :lol: Suggestions are welcome!

Love the auto replace idea hill33. I reckon each time someone puts in UD, it should be replaced with crUD!

Well it's like trying to shy away from the BIG 4 in banking.

It's a noble act, but you will be swimming against the rip.

A serious group letter with signatures etc might make them look twice.
There's always strength in numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom